FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,749 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,233

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 01:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2019, 01:59 PM |#4421  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuele9

Hi, for first sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian.
I'm using the app with an android 9 headunit and a oneplus 6. When I say "ok Google" or I tap on the mic the assistant starts but it doesn't hear me. I've already select all the options in "microphone buffer" but it still doesn't working
Any solution?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, did you fix this? I have this very same problem.

Before I go mucking with settings, maybe you or someone can post the procedure to sort this out.
3rd December 2019, 01:22 AM |#4422  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyzer73

3. The biggest issue is I can't get the day/ night them working. Basically, I've enabled developer options in AA and selected "Car-controlled" and on HUR set to "Calculated sunset/sunrise". Phone is running dark theme and has no option to swap between day & night.

In my case, it wasn't working because I turned off the GPS location sharing on HUR. I'm not sure why, I suspect HUR can't calculate the location correctly if the GPS location sharing is disabled. After enabling it, the calculation method works fine. I can see Waze go from light theme to dark theme as the sun sets.
3rd December 2019, 04:00 AM |#4423  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by landous

In my case, it wasn't working because I turned off the GPS location sharing on HUR. I'm not sure why, I suspect HUR can't calculate the location correctly if the GPS location sharing is disabled. After enabling it, the calculation method works fine. I can see Waze go from light theme to dark theme as the sun sets.

Hi Landous, thanks for that. I have GPS sharing enabled and it doesn't work What have you set in AA, or have you not enabled Developer Options?

Cheers

Guy
3rd December 2019, 05:59 PM |#4424  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks, thought I was going mad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeCleverIsh

I've tried (to the best of my ability) the wifi and wifi direct setup / connection settings in the 2nd post of this thread, but, for the life of me, I cannot get HUR to play nice with my phone unless I use the USB cable.

I have an Atoto A6 Pro A6Y2721PRB-G with dual bluetooth (one for phone/music and one for data/OBDII) (unrooted) and a OnePlus 6 running Android 10 (rooted)

I have the latest HUR (v5) installed on the headunit, and the latest wifi launcher for HUR (v1.3) and Android Auto (v4.8) installed on my phone.

Either I'm attempting to connect HUR while ½ asleep, or I'm doing something wrong.

Does anyone have step-by-step, simplified instructions that I can follow?

Thanks.

Glad - well not glad, yet relived to see someone else having similar issues.
Oneplus 7t here running Android 10 (10.0.6), AA v4.8.5594 and latest HUR Wifi Launcher v1.3 installed. Then a Nexus 7 2013 with stock 6.0.1 image running HUR v.5. Cannot get it to connect for love nor money. I've narrowed it down a little. The HUR hotspot is showing up OK from the Nexus on the OP7t yet it gets stuck "obtaining IP address" and then fails to connect.

I too also get an error starting AA if attempting just self-mode ("Error while connecting to AA: failed to connect to /127.0.0.1(port5277) after 2000ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection Refused).

I noticed from stock I no longer have an icon on the phone to start Android Auto, yet it shows as installed in Play Store. To run it standalone you now have to install "Android Auto for phone screens" additionally which handily no longer offered the Dev server menu.
3rd December 2019, 07:21 PM |#4425  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyzer73

Hi Landous, thanks for that. I have GPS sharing enabled and it doesn't work What have you set in AA, or have you not enabled Developer Options?

Cheers

Guy

I don't have any developer mode enabled. Did you check that your head unit's location service is on and that HUR has access to it? I can't tell you how do check that, every system is different, but usually under the applications manager there is a permissions section.
4th December 2019, 04:06 AM |#4426  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
How to set CUSTOM resolutions?

My unit is 1024x600 and when I set it to 720p this is what I get

Edit

Nevermind, reinstalled everything and its working fine.
4th December 2019, 05:44 AM |#4427  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by landous

I don't have any developer mode enabled. Did you check that your head unit's location service is on and that HUR has access to it? I can't tell you how do check that, every system is different, but usually under the applications manager there is a permissions section.

Cheers Landous,

I'll turn off developer mode and see if that helps. Otherwise location services are on and HUR has access

I suspect it has something to do with my phone (OnePlus 7 Pro) and how it manages various tasks. I'm running dark theme and I think it's overriding all other commands. I'll try light them and see if I get HUR/AA to enter dark mode in the evening. If it does then it's down to the OnePlus operating system somehow... I'll also try with my old Pixel 2 XL and see what happens there.

Thanks

Guy

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjonmiller

On the tablet? Tablet is still running 8.1, so I don't think it has the same aggressive battery optimization as 9/10. The wifi launcher/phone component stays open despite the crash on the tablet. But yes, all battery optimization is disabled for involved apps here.

I'm having similar problems and if I see remember correctly, a lot of us having issues are using a OnePlus phone be it a 6, 7, 7T or in our cases 7 Pro.

Could you tell me how you disabled battery optimisation for AA on the phone? For the life of me I can't get AA to show under the battery optimisation tab.

I think I will try and set up my old Pixel 2 XL for Android Auto and see how that fairs compared to the 7 Pro, if I don't get HUR being dropped or that the day/night works then I can say with some reliability that it's a problem with the OnePlus operating system. Next step would then be to install Pixel Experience 10 custom ROM and see if that solves the issue, but I'm not certain it will depending on whether it changes the kernel as well, which I'm not sore and tbh honest the implications and operations of the kernel in this regard are well over my head...

Cheers

Guy
4th December 2019, 02:49 PM |#4428  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys,

I'm trying to use HUR (trial for now, I'll buy 10000% if I'll be able to solve the issue) with WIFI connection between my tablet NEXUS 7 2012 Wifi & my phone ASUS Zenfone 4 PRO (as server).

I'm pretty sure that everything was done correctly:
1. Activate the hotspot wifi on my phone
2. connect the tablet and start HUR
3. start Android auto on phone
4. start AA server on my phone
5. click WIFI on HUR on tablet

and I'm getting a black screen on tablet but the phone seems connected because it says 'Android Auto: connected to the CAR'.

Actually, I don't know how to solve the issue, I've tried to reinstall, do a factory reset, install another ROM but nothing seems to solve this issue. Anyone have any advice for me?
I've tried with both android 5.1 and 4.4.1 (actual) on my NEXUS 7, but with no luck so far.

Thanks in advance!
4th December 2019, 06:25 PM |#4429  
Flag United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Wonder if anyone can help or is having s similar problem as I'm having, I have HUR 6 running on a KitKat head unit, connecting a galaxy S10 on Android 10 via USB. When I try to even use HUR it loads goes in fine but it randomly closes at different intervals whether playing music or using Waze. I have excluded all the apps HUR uses from battery optimisation on the phone but still having real issues getting it to work. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
4th December 2019, 08:07 PM |#4430  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallain

I've noticed I've had most of my force quits when my cell signal drops or is spotty. Curious if anyone has had similar, any remedies? *edit* I'm using a nexus 2013 tablet with timur's. I've had pretty much the same experience with wifi or USB.

Ive been having the same exact issue, any resolution?
The Following User Says Thank You to juandhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift juandhi Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 09:13 PM |#4431  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiaMondo

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use HUR (trial for now, I'll buy 10000% if I'll be able to solve the issue) with WIFI connection between my tablet NEXUS 7 2012 Wifi & my phone ASUS Zenfone 4 PRO (as server).

I'm pretty sure that everything was done correctly:
1. Activate the hotspot wifi on my phone
2. connect the tablet and start HUR
3. start Android auto on phone
4. start AA server on my phone
5. click WIFI on HUR on tablet

and I'm getting a black screen on tablet but the phone seems connected because it says 'Android Auto: connected to the CAR'.

Actually, I don't know how to solve the issue, I've tried to reinstall, do a factory reset, install another ROM but nothing seems to solve this issue. Anyone have any advice for me?
I've tried with both android 5.1 and 4.4.1 (actual) on my NEXUS 7, but with no luck so far.

Thanks in advance!

Try using the wifi connector app for HUR that goes on your phone. Instructions are in post 2 of the thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)