FORUMS

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

3,038 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,454

By Emil Borconi, Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 01:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2020, 09:54 PM |#4871  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
WiFi launcher Just Will not work
Hi there

I've tried to get WiFi launcher for HUR to work for probably at least a month now. I've sat for hours trying every type of connection method. I'm running Android 10 on my phone and Android 8.1 go on the head unit. Everything is updated to the latest version and the usb c function works perfectly fine every time. Could you please make a video tutorial for this as your instructions are actually ridiculously vague and don't explain in enough detail. "Turn this on and that on and it should work". But nothing else and nothing to do if it doesn't work. Please can you make a video tutorial for Android 10 and and Android 8.1 and above for WiFi direct. Thanks
13th February 2020, 11:10 PM |#4872  

More
Google Assitant - Voice commands
Been using HUR for my daily driver for quite some time now, running HUR on a Galaxy Tab S2 and Wifi Launcher on my Huawei P30 Pro, and really happy about it.
Although not perfect yet, connection issues are far less, than when I started testing this project - thanks to Emil and his hard work!!

When Wifi Launcher was first introduced, I too had problems connecting, but a combination of what I believe was uninstalling and reinstalling apps, clearing cache - and try and try again – I finally got there, so keep on trying

Sorry, back to my main issue…..

Google Assitant (GA) and voice commands.

I searched this thread, and noticed a few reports on the subject, but none like mine, and definitely no solutions.

9 out of 10 times I connect my devices, “Okay google” does not launch GA, during the entire connected session. If I launch GA manually by tapping the mic-ikon, the level meter (the colored dots) stay level, and does not pick up any sound at all.
Next time when I get in the car, if I’m lucky everything will work just fine, and I can use my voice commands for navigating and all the other fun stuff. And the mic level meter is very much alive.

From what I understand, the GA provider will be my phone and not my Tablet running HUR, and the mic-source is also the one in my phone. Is that correct?
If so, how come I never have any problems using GA on my phone in single mode?

Running latest HUR and WiFi Launcher.

Can someone enlighten me on the subject, and help “make HUR great again”?
Perhaps a test I can perform to narrow it down?

Cheers
14th February 2020, 12:22 AM |#4873  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
So I'll start by saying that I haven't read all 488 pages. I'm about to buy a new head unit for my older car, and I'm learning towards an Android unit that supposedly runs v9.1, and I would install HUR.

I love Android auto and it's a must-have for my new unit. I don't care about wireless connection, I prefer to charge my phone while driving.

Is HUR stable enough to use regularly or is it still in the experimental /beta phase? I would hate to buy a unit that doesn't have native AA only to find out that HUR is to glitchy to rely on. I don't expect prefect, my "new" car with factory AA glitches and shuts off AA randomly, but it's not often enough to make it unusable.

I would be using it with my OnePlus 7pro on Oxygen OS 10.3.
14th February 2020, 12:28 AM |#4874  

More
10/10 would recommend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamarocket630

So I'll start by saying that I haven't read all 488 pages. I'm about to buy a new head unit for my older car, and I'm learning towards an Android unit that supposedly runs v9.1, and I would install HUR.

I love Android auto and it's a must-have for my new unit. I don't care about wireless connection, I prefer to charge my phone while driving.

Is HUR stable enough to use regularly or is it still in the experimental /beta phase? I would hate to buy a unit that doesn't have native AA only to find out that HUR is to glitchy to rely on. I don't expect prefect, my "new" car with factory AA glitches and shuts off AA randomly, but it's not often enough to make it unusable.

I would be using it with my OnePlus 7pro on Oxygen OS 10.3.

I have the same phone and the same os with a +-$170 head unit running Android 8.1 go and I can tell you that in my experience over wired connection its 100% stable or rather lemme say 99% stable once or twice I've had to unplug it and plug it in again but when I say once or twice I genuinely mean it. Honestly sometimes I feel like it works even better than it should. For instance when I start my car in the parking lot the screen is in dark mode but when I get outside the screen goes to day mode and I don't have a light sensor in my car but it still works. That's just one example. So if you had to ask me I'd say go for it. For a couple bucks HUR is such a solid purchase.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_Cotton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe_Cotton Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 12:47 AM |#4875  

More
Also, is the AA interface the new interface that launched this summer or the old one? Or does that depend on my phone?
14th February 2020, 12:50 AM |#4876  

More
New
Quote:

Also, is the AA interface the new interface that launched this summer or the old one? Or does that depend on my phone?

I believe it is the new one. I can tell you that there were minor cosmetic changes that I got when I updated android auto on my phone (not the app for phones but the actual system android auto) last week. Wish I had a picture to show you.
14th February 2020, 02:04 PM |#4877  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Audio sink issue
Hi all,

Loving the App but seem to be having an issue when Audio sink is disabled and for the life of me just cannot work out why its doing it. So HUR installed on a Galaxy Tab 3 connected via hotspot to my Galaxy Note 9 running latest Android 10 which is then connected to my Pioneer HU via BT.

So the issue I have is that when audio sink is disabled unless music is actively being played it forces the Tab back to the home screen, it also does this even when connected via USB so say if I paused the music it forces to home screen anywhere between 10 - 25 seconds after pausing. With it enabled all is ok and works as it should.

I have tried all sorts of different settings but the issue still happens, I just cant understand why it forces to home screen with this setting disabled as HUR wouldn't be sending any music commands

Any one else experienced this or can shed any light??
14th February 2020, 05:19 PM |#4878  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1cken_scratch

Hi all,

Loving the App but seem to be having an issue when Audio sink is disabled and for the life of me just cannot work out why its doing it. So HUR installed on a Galaxy Tab 3 connected via hotspot to my Galaxy Note 9 running latest Android 10 which is then connected to my Pioneer HU via BT.

So the issue I have is that when audio sink is disabled unless music is actively being played it forces the Tab back to the home screen, it also does this even when connected via USB so say if I paused the music it forces to home screen anywhere between 10 - 25 seconds after pausing. With it enabled all is ok and works as it should.

I have tried all sorts of different settings but the issue still happens, I just cant understand why it forces to home screen with this setting disabled as HUR wouldn't be sending any music commands

When you say "home screen" are you referring to the home screen of your Android device (in this case your Galaxy Tab 3) or a specific screen in AA that you are calling a "home screen"?
14th February 2020, 08:02 PM |#4879  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenders715

When you say "home screen" are you referring to the home screen of your Android device (in this case your Galaxy Tab 3) or a specific screen in AA that you are calling a "home screen"?

Yeah so home screen on the Tab 3, it's really bizarre I thought it may have been the android rom I was running but I've tried 4 different roms including the original Samsung one but still no change, also tried using 3 other android phones each running different versions of android and it still happens :S
15th February 2020, 01:30 AM |#4880  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1cken_scratch

Hi all,

Could it be Samsung battery optimization? It sees HUR doing nothing and puts it to sleep. You can add an exception for HUR under settings > battery.
15th February 2020, 09:28 AM |#4881  

More
Quote:

Could it be Samsung battery optimization? It sees HUR doing nothing and puts it to sleep. You can add an exception for HUR under settings > battery.

I thought it could have been that so that is already set to do not optimise, I am at a complete loss as to what could be causing it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)