FORUMS

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

3,045 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,494

By Emil Borconi, Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2020, 05:41 AM |#5001  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariveraiv

My experiences I'm getting this to work via Wi-Fi. On head-unit reloaded app I said GPS to work from phone not tablet. I also set sounds to be from phone not tablet. I have not installed Wi-Fi launcher or anything that I've heard other people mentioning. My steps for connection are as follows number one start mobile hotspot while tablet is booting up number two open Android auto on phone go straight to developer settings and start server number three pull down notification bar from tablet and ensure that I am connected to my mobile hotspot. That is a visual check. At that point all I do is touch the Wi-Fi icon and it automatically kicks in and just works. I have never gotten any other method to work aside from USB and I paid for the application twice cuz the first time I paid for it I realized that the original developer have passed away. I can guarantee if you follow the simple steps I just wrote out. Hopefully they are as simple as I think they are. You will get this to work via Wi-Fi with no issues. Thanks. FYI I did contact the current developer I mentioned to him that I paid for the application numerous times no answers. But application is incredible thank you again.

Glad you are able to make the application work for you. As far as contact goes, if you email him that is the best way, but he is very busy and may not be able to get back in a timely manner. But he is also very good about helping those out that purchased multiple times.
The Following User Says Thank You to suspenders715 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suspenders715 Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 10:14 AM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
would this app work with my phone having usb-debugging turned on now?
just out of curiosity
23rd March 2020, 10:17 AM |#5003  
Flag Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Meter: 347

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04

would this app work with my phone having usb-debugging turned on now?
just out of curiosity

Yes, mine is on.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
24th March 2020, 07:18 AM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcam33

Hi, I've been using Head Unit Reloaded for around 6 weeks and worked great until today. I updated my AAuto to the latest version today and now im just getting a black screen when i connect my phone with usb to my car head unit. What can this be, settings was just the same as before. Car head unit is a Joying 8.1 and mobile Huawei 10 mate pro.

This same thing happened to me about last November. Have not managed to resolve the problem. Works fine on WiFi connection.
25th March 2020, 12:50 AM |#5005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi I run my android stereo as slave and my phone as master with active thetering everything works perfectly in WiFi but every time I have to activate the developer server is it normal or am I wrong?
25th March 2020, 05:53 AM |#5006  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcam33

Hi, I've been using Head Unit Reloaded for around 6 weeks and worked great until today. I updated my AAuto to the latest version today and now im just getting a black screen when i connect my phone with usb to my car head unit. What can this be, settings was just the same as before. Car head unit is a Joying 8.1 and mobile Huawei 10 mate pro.

Had the same thing just now. I've reinstalled software and now both USB and WiFi mode cause a black screen on the head unit and the phone freezes and reboots after a while. Did you manage to solve this?? I might try and wind back my AA version.

Cheers
25th March 2020, 11:50 AM |#5007  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venum83

Hi I run my android stereo as slave and my phone as master with active thetering everything works perfectly in WiFi but every time I have to activate the developer server is it normal or am I wrong?

Weird. Once I put head unit server on, its always on.
26th March 2020, 11:04 PM |#5008  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've got an Atoto A6 with my Galaxy Note 8 running Headunit Reloaded through USB and it works just fine. The only thing that bothers me is the Atoto A6 Headunit has this annoying ongoing call notification that blocks out the top 1/2 inch of my Android Auto on the screen. I reached out to Atoto and they told me there was no way to disable this. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this?
Yesterday, 02:03 AM |#5009  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ternal0ptimist

This same thing happened to me about last November. Have not managed to resolve the problem. Works fine on WiFi connection.

Adjust resolution settings?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 04:45 PM |#5010  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I love the interface provided by Android auto /headunit reloaded but not every car I use has the necessary hardware so I want to use self mode sometimes. I know I could use Android auto for phone screens but it's awful. My phone has an oled screen so burn in is an issue and the system screen timeouts don't work with headunit reloaded.
Do anyone know of a screensaver or such that will allow me to continue using the app and still keep my screen without burn in?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)