FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?
 
18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?
 
1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?
 
0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,630 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,087
 
By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2016, 09:13 PM |#501  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,087
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimkumpan

Hello. a great program. it would be wonderful to have a waterproof device with this program instead of the operating system. for use on a motorcycle. with the ability to connect via usb and wifi. such a device could replace the tomtom and garmin. sorry for the English translator Google

Check out this post: http://www.webbikeworld.com/gps/nexu...t-as-a-gps.htm
 
 
14th November 2016, 03:41 AM |#502  
Junior Member
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Is there any way you know of to start AA with the head unit server already running?
14th November 2016, 11:57 AM |#503  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,087
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_COS

Is there any way you know of to start AA with the head unit server already running?

Only if you have root:
Code:
am start -W -n com.google.android.projection.gearhead/.companion.SplashScreenActivity
am startservice -W com.google.android.projection.gearhead/com.google.android.projection.gearhead.companion.DeveloperHeadUnitNetworkService
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2016, 04:39 PM |#504  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Update hur to version 2.2 and see video in op for how to

same problem here, can't to HUR settings anymore in Self Mode. setting shows for a second and disappear. similar with HUR exit on left menu - HUR keeps turning on after I click Exit. I'm on 2.2
14th November 2016, 04:48 PM |#505  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,087
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel9o2

same problem here, can't to HUR settings anymore in Self Mode. setting shows for a second and disappear. similar with HUR exit on left menu - HUR keeps turning on after I click Exit. I'm on 2.2

I see what you mean now. Yes in self mode don't use the Settings from the left menu once HUR have started, also if you want to quit HUR, use the Exit button rather than the back button.

The reason behind it, to be able to get control over AA, CAR Home screen and return to AA after a call I needed to do a very unorthodox approach, basically HUR will prevent you from viewing anything else while running. This behaviour is only happening in Self mode.

So if you want to use the settings use them before you press the "Self Mode" button, also if you want to exit the HUR, use EXIT from the left menu.
14th November 2016, 04:53 PM |#506  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,087
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axly

I cannot seem to get to settings in self mode anymore. Nexus 6P, AA 2.0, self mode. Slide right to expose menu, select settings. Settings panel shows for a second, then goes back to self mode.

Sorry I have misunderstood the question, please see previous post for correct answer.
15th November 2016, 04:20 AM |#507  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi Emil,
thank you for your hard work!
I bought your app in the Play Store last October. I installed it on a low-cost 4.4 android tablet and it was working very well connected to my OnePlus 3.
However after the last update, it isn't anymore available for my tablet. In a previous post you said that there was a problem related the gps.
I look for the manifest and I found this line:
Code:
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location.gps"/>
I didn't have time to check your code on github, but this line in the github repo is not present. However I don't think the gps is strictly required, at least for OTG mode, so you could use:
Code:
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location.gps" android:required="false" />
and then eventually disable the functions that require a gps.

My 2 cents
15th November 2016, 09:31 AM |#508  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

I see what you mean now. Yes in self mode don't use the Settings from the left menu once HUR have started, also if you want to quit HUR, use the Exit button rather than the back button.

The reason behind it, to be able to get control over AA, CAR Home screen and return to AA after a call I needed to do a very unorthodox approach, basically HUR will prevent you from viewing anything else while running. This behaviour is only happening in Self mode.

So if you want to use the settings use them before you press the "Self Mode" button, also if you want to exit the HUR, use EXIT from the left menu.

hi
I was actually using Exit button on the menu and it did worked but after a second or so HUR got always back up, as for setting I had setup self mode as startup so I was not able to go to setting before i go to self mode.

anyway HUR stoped working at all so I have other things to check and worry now

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

hi Emil,

I have reinstalled AA, still not working, I have installed AA 1.6 and nothing. also I'm getting 'HUR is not responding' message.

where i could get previous verions of HUR?
15th November 2016, 01:11 PM |#509  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,087
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel9o2

hi
I was actually using Exit button on the menu and it did worked but after a second or so HUR got always back up, as for setting I had setup self mode as startup so I was not able to go to setting before i go to self mode.

anyway HUR stoped working at all so I have other things to check and worry now

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

hi Emil,

I have reinstalled AA, still not working, I have installed AA 1.6 and nothing. also I'm getting 'HUR is not responding' message.

where i could get previous verions of HUR?

I will suggest to clear the data for HUR, then you can re-set it up as needed. Older version of APK is not available any more, but if you send me an email I will email it to you, going forward will like to fix the new version rather than falling back to the old one.

After you clear the data for HUR and install AA 2.0 can you please try again to connect (as per video in OP) and if it fails please send me a logcat to figure out what the problem is.
15th November 2016, 01:31 PM |#510  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Hi Emil,

I received my nexus 7 (2013) today. When i connect my phone using USB(otg) my mobile is saying: "Android Auto connected to car" as a permanent notification. The tablet is not showing the AA interface and my mobile is not showing the fullscreen Android Auto logo.
Any suggestions?

Tablet (nexus 7(2013)):
Android 7.1
HeadUnit 2.2

Phone (nexus 5):
Android 7.1
15th November 2016, 01:39 PM |#511  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,087
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenverhoef

Hi Emil,

I received my nexus 7 (2013) today. When i connect my phone using USB(otg) my mobile is saying: "Android Auto connected to car" as a permanent notification. The tablet is not showing the AA interface and my mobile is not showing the fullscreen Android Auto logo.
Any suggestions?

Tablet (nexus 7(2013)):
Android 7.1
HeadUnit 2.2

Phone (nexus 5):
Android 7.1

Most probably you somehow missed one of the open by default prompts on the HUR. Try clearing data and defaults for HUR on the tablet and try again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes