FORUMS

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

3,162 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,937

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 01:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st October 2020, 06:02 PM |#5481  
Thanks Meter: 532

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillo89

your case is really particular, you have to start headunit server from your phone everytime (because you are using Wi-Fi Direct connection, aka -the old method-), and I don't know why your sound is really bad if it's not thru bluetooth , there is no way to automate it unfortunately. I guess it's easier to plug the USB rather than turn hotspot on and start server in your phone.

The audio on these aftermarket Qualcomm sd625 displays is terrible, that is why users are trying to use oem bt. Plus call integration is so much better going the oem bt way (on Bmw)

AA headunit server only has to be started once on the phone until reboot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
22nd October 2020, 11:54 AM |#5482  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by candm

Hi, thanks for an excellent app.
Recently my Reverse Camera isn't working properly with HUR.
When I select reverse gear, HUR goes blank momentarily, but then returns to HUR AA display instead of displaying the reverse camera image.
Reverse camera works properly using radio, it displays over the top, but not with HUR even though it used to work only last week.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OK, so the fix is the turning off the "Overscan" setting in "Graphics" settings. Reverse camera works normally again.
22nd October 2020, 05:37 PM |#5483  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mobile data sharing
Great product, I couldn't for the life of me get the stock Android auto working even with USB cable.
I have gotten Head Unit reloaded working on my Galaxy S10 wireless. I have a couple of questions.

It works well enough from the head unit side. I have downloaded the Wifi Launcher on my phone which turns on the a Wifi Hotspot on the head unit.
When my phone is connected to this hotspot I have no data on the phone if a passenger goes to search something with my phone. I tried using the developer options and checking use mobile data always, still no luck. Any suggestions??
22nd October 2020, 07:07 PM |#5484  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint78z

Great product, I couldn't for the life of me get the stock Android auto working even with USB cable.

I have gotten Head Unit reloaded working on my Galaxy S10 wireless. I have a couple of questions.

It works well enough from the head unit side. I have downloaded the Wifi Launcher on my phone which turns on the a Wifi Hotspot on the head unit.

When my phone is connected to this hotspot I have no data on the phone if a passenger goes to search something with my phone. I tried using the developer options and checking use mobile data always, still no luck. Any suggestions??

Look for a pop-up telling you 'this WiFi has no internet' and hit cancel.
Your phone should remember your choice in the future.

Sendt fra min VOG-L29 med Tapatalk
23rd October 2020, 01:44 PM |#5485  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi.

I have the M.I.C. AV8V5 (PX6) and AA runs very well via cable. But the micro does not work properly.
The "Hey Google" is understood but then nothing more. It seems as if the micro is not addressed. I have tried all options
concerning the micro in the settings, but none works. It worked with the trial version of HUR.

Thanks
Jens
23rd October 2020, 06:40 PM |#5486  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am having a strange issues with the new wifi launcher update. maybe somebody knows what's up.

l have a samsung galaxy s9 plus and with the new wifi launcher 3.6.1 it would not connect to the HUR wifi. It would connect and then disconnect, continuously loops in that cycle. with the older 2.3 wifi launcher it would work fine.

here is my set up if you need. emil recommend this set up awhile ago for my situation.

samsung tab s2 with lineage OS 17
usb micro router with wifi set up as HUR with password: AndroidAutoConnect. I use the router as a "hotspot" since the tablet and phone can't.
23rd October 2020, 07:00 PM |#5487  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
@gvillo89 could you add the ip of headunit as a parameter to wifi launcher.. I want to connect phone and headunit to a portable wifi hotspot, but it seems wifi launcher tries to connect to gateway which in my case is hotspot not headunit!
23rd October 2020, 07:49 PM |#5488  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaptur

@gvillo89 could you add the ip of headunit as a parameter to wifi launcher.. I want to connect phone and headunit to a portable wifi hotspot, but it seems wifi launcher tries to connect to gateway which in my case is hotspot not headunit!

we could add it under advanced settings, wait for next release.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDreamer

I am having a strange issues with the new wifi launcher update. maybe somebody knows what's up.

l have a samsung galaxy s9 plus and with the new wifi launcher 3.6.1 it would not connect to the HUR wifi. It would connect and then disconnect, continuously loops in that cycle. with the older 2.3 wifi launcher it would work fine.

here is my set up if you need. emil recommend this set up awhile ago for my situation.

samsung tab s2 with lineage OS 17
usb micro router with wifi set up as HUR with password: AndroidAutoConnect. I use the router as a "hotspot" since the tablet and phone can't.

Wait for next release so you could set headunit's ip, since you are using a router. If you were using 2.3 I guess you were using WiFi Direct connection. Since 3.0 we deprecated it, that's why you can't connect now
The Following User Says Thank You to gvillo89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gvillo89 Ad-Free
23rd October 2020, 07:52 PM |#5489  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillo89

we could add it under advanced settings, wait for next release.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Wait for next release so you could set headunit's ip, since you are using a router. If you were using 2.3 I guess you were using WiFi Direct connection. Since 3.0 we deprecated it, that's why you can't connect now

Great, appreciated.. guess if ip is parameter this could also work if phone is hotspot and headunit a wifi client i.e. just need to send intent to ip of headunit shoud lnot make a diff if hotspot or wifi client!
23rd October 2020, 10:34 PM |#5490  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaptur

Great, appreciated.. guess if ip is parameter this could also work if phone is hotspot and headunit a wifi client i.e. just need to send intent to ip of headunit shoud lnot make a diff if hotspot or wifi client!

yeah exactly, I have in mind to add an onboarding to the app, to help users to setup everything and improve settings screen in diff screens, but I don't have enough time to do it. For now I will add that advanced setting so you can customize as needed.

In addition you will have to hardcode headunit IP, otherwise it won't connect because wrong ip addr. I will work on it when I have some free time
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gvillo89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gvillo89 Ad-Free
24th October 2020, 05:15 PM |#5491  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcdennis

Its been a frustrating couple days, but gvillo89 has been really responsive and helpful.
The Music apps were playing via USB mode and then after playing with WiFi for a couple days I went back to USB mode and music apps were only playing for a second or two. gvillo89 suggested not unlocking the phone after plugging it into USB and this seemed to work today when I tested it.
So in summary, two weeks ago I was trying to do this with one of the Carlink dongles, which worked poorly at best. $50 waste of time. Now I've got Android Auto that is stable on USB. I'm really happy about that.

The app playing issue is stubborn and I cannot get it to work. AA connects no problem. HUR opens fine. Maps provides voice prompts, Google Assistant answers questions. Audio apps will start for a second or two and then stop.
I have tried starting the head unit and then plugging in the USB, allowing the USB to be the default (3X on this deck), then starting HUR - HUR opens, everything works, but audio apps (Sirius, Blackplayer EX, Tunein Radio) start and stop quickly. AA, Maps and Google assistant work OK.
I have tried starting the vehicle with the phone plugged in and then starting HUR. Same deal audio apps stop quickly. AA, Maps and Google assistant work OK.
Audio sync is on.
I think this started with the AA update, but can't prove that. I have a couple questions:
What settings should be on/off for AA? Something must be wrong here, but I cannot figure what.
Should I try going back to the last version of AA? I'm not sure how to block an update after doing this.
Help is appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)