FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,632 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,116

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2019, 03:21 AM |#3941  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teapea

Need some help
I can't seem to get any of this to work - but also can't seem to find any instructions on how to get it all set up.

Currently I have a Nexus 5, rooted with HUR installed.

I then have Android Auto installed on my main phone Pixel 3.

I have connected together with a USB cable.

If I click on USB on the HUR i just get "No connected USB device detected". I'm using a standard USB cable and the Pixel USB C to USB A adaptor which came with the Pixel.

Android Auto simply runs on my Pixel and nothing ever happens on the Nexus which I want to mount on the car.

Clicking WiFi on the HUR get an error connecting to /192.168.1.1 ECONNECTREFUSED.

I don't want to use WiFi direct as my understanding is this would mean I'd need GSM internet on the HUR deice which I don't have.

What am I doing wrong?!

Ok so instructions are in OP of this thread, but here is some info that may help. For the USB you need to make sure you have an otg adapter on the HUR end(in your case the nexus). If you don't have that it won't recognize the device. For wifi I suggest trying with the beta which you can get from XDA labs (if you need more info on that please search as it has been gone over several times) and also get the started app in the OP of this thread.
22nd September 2019, 09:29 AM |#3942  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Morning All

I'm having problems since my phone upgraded to Android 10 beta 2 (OP 7Pro) with an Andoird 8.1 HU. I'm running the latest HUR 4.6 beta also.

Basically, over USB HUR/AA launches after doing a "funky dance", namely on connection firstly the HUR home screen flashes up, then AA launches to a black screen followed by the new interface once section at a time (first clock, then menu then main screen). However, touch only works for a few seconds minutes before I have to push the power button on the phone to get it working again. I have to do this three times and then AA seems to work seamlessly.

I think this has to do with the OP Battery Optimisation, however, as AA is now integrated into Android 10 it doesn't show under Battery Optimisation in Settings to allow background operation. Maps and Google Play Music work fine via AA/HUR insofar that maps continues to update location in real time and Music continues playback.

Any ideas how to solve this problem, or am I barking up the wrong tree with Battery Optimisation??

On the side I can't get WiFi/ WiFi Direct to work using the instructions in OP #2, any suggestions?

Cheers

Guy
23rd September 2019, 06:58 AM |#3943  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 725

Donate to Me
More
Hi

I have bought version 4.5 from play store. where can i get the 4.6 beta?
23rd September 2019, 10:01 AM |#3944  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul77

Yeah, same here, i played around for 2-3 days and couldnt make it work, i just gave up, I dont think this works with Samsung Phones.. (the Wifi) It works for me when I use USB, but that is not an option for me.
I moved to AutoMate, its not AA but look very similar to it, will have to do for now.

Hi I've got a Samsung s10 and Huawei media pad works perfectly with the new wifi method.
23rd September 2019, 10:54 AM |#3945  
Suffolk, UK
Thanks Meter: 8

More
H7
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhifx

Hi

Email the Dev. Their address is on Google Play and on the first post of this thread.
23rd September 2019, 02:46 PM |#3946  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,116

Donate to Me
More
Sorry guys I'm way to busy now please direct all questions to email and I'll answer them. Android 10 broke the WiFi launcher for HUR, fix will come today for that. In the next 1,5-2 weeks I won't be available on the forum, better said I'm going to focus my energy on getting the aagateway app updatad as that is long overdue, then im going to move the beta to stable after I do a bit more of cleanup and some WiFi direct improvements.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2019, 04:47 PM |#3947  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhifx

Hi

Download the app from the Play Store and install the XDA Labs app. It will detect the installed HUR version 4.5 and offers an update.
The Following User Says Thank You to XPhenoxX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XPhenoxX Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 05:07 PM |#3948  
Flag Pune, India
Thanks Meter: 118

More
How can I use FM Radio in background while using this app ?
The Following User Says Thank You to kmdangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kmdangi Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 08:41 PM |#3949  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Still won't launch for me using the new wifi launcher.
23rd September 2019, 09:50 PM |#3950  
Thanks Meter: 2

More

24th September 2019, 12:22 AM |#3951  
Flag Camarillo, CA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Going to update my OnePlus 7 Pro to Android 10 and try the new wifi launcher.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)