[Android 7.0+] AppRadio Unchained Rootless

2,393 posts
Thanks Meter: 966

By Area51©, Senior Member on 16th April 2017, 06:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2019, 10:13 PM |#621  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have an S9 and auto cast doesnt work it just hangs up on the casting screen and never selects my miracast.
29th November 2019, 07:27 AM |#622  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthok

I have an S9 and auto cast doesnt work it just hangs up on the casting screen and never selects my miracast.

What version of SmartView do you have? Open SmartView, click Settings->About.
29th November 2019, 04:02 PM |#623  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51©

What version of SmartView do you have? Open SmartView, click Settings->About.

Months ago it used to work but now it will never complete the automatic casting. "SBWD C33845" is the name of my device, I tried SBWD_ and SBWD_C33845 but they didnt work.
30th November 2019, 06:09 AM |#624  

More
Ok, I took the jump and purchased the app. I installed and everything seemed to work good but one problem and that is what made me uninstall was the resolution on head unit, it was very poor. I have a Samsung S9+ and Pioneer avic-F77DAB. I connected up an amazon fire tv stick via hdmi and the resolution is great
2nd December 2019, 07:20 AM |#625  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Months ago it used to work but now it will never complete the automatic casting. "SBWD C33845" is the name of my device, I tried SBWD_ and SBWD_C33845 but they didnt work.

I checked with the same SmartView version on my S8+, it still works. What Screen resolution is your phone set to?
2nd December 2019, 07:22 AM |#626  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbrad

Ok, I took the jump and purchased the app. I installed and everything seemed to work good but one problem and that is what made me uninstall was the resolution on head unit, it was very poor. I have a Samsung S9+ and Pioneer avic-F77DAB. I connected up an amazon fire tv stick via hdmi and the resolution is great

The app doesn't do anything to the HDMI input signal. You are not by any chance using a USB-C to HDMI adapter and it's set to DEX mode?
2nd December 2019, 02:45 PM |#627  

More
Quote:

I checked with the same SmartView version on my S8+, it still works. What Screen resolution is your phone set to?

Interesting I have mine set to change the resolution on casting to 1920x1080 but my normal resolution is 2960x1440. If I manually hit the button it casts fine but it just wont automatically hit it.
2nd December 2019, 04:20 PM |#628  

More
Quote:

The app doesn't do anything to the HDMI input signal. You are not by any chance using a USB-C to HDMI adapter and it's set to DEX mode?

Nope, using a microsoft wireless display adapter
2nd December 2019, 05:18 PM |#629  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Interesting I have mine set to change the resolution on casting to 1920x1080 but my normal resolution is 2960x1440. If I manually hit the button it casts fine but it just wont automatically hit it.

Can you try your normal resolution? I figured out the GUI control structure using the highest resolution. It might be that in a lower resolution the GUI controls are arranged differently.
3rd December 2019, 02:14 AM |#630  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Mock locations decided to stop working on my S8+ once I enable ARUR. I'm not sure which phone software update broke that. It seems to be receiving the GPS signal just fine according to the diagnostics tools. Any other ideas? I'd be fine just using phone GPS but that doesn't seem to be an option.
3rd December 2019, 04:25 AM |#631  

More
Quote:

Can you try your normal resolution? I figured out the GUI control structure using the highest resolution. It might be that in a lower resolution the GUI controls are arranged differently.

I've made a minor breakthrough and could use your help, I changed the the "Status when device not connected" to "Mirror the screen." Which is the text that is listed on the casting screen under my screen beam mini 2's name.

Interestingly
1. Device begins auto connecting but does not complete and fails
2. When I manually select to connect it succeeds
3. There must be something else that the appradio is doing during the connection that is causing it to fail. I have casting delay set to 20, changing it to other numbers doesn't seem to help.

The other 2 statuses in the appradio menu are in their default state of connected and disconnect .

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)