13th February 2020, 07:23 AM |#671  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 968

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsy

Hi, I signed up for the beta test a few days ago but I still seem to be on app version 0.09

Yes that's the beta version.
13th February 2020, 02:06 PM |#672  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OK I must be being incredibly stupid. I have the beta but cannot see any option for it to auto connect to my screen beam mini 2. I still have to manually choose the casting device.
14th February 2020, 08:23 AM |#673  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsy

OK I must be being incredibly stupid. I have the beta but cannot see any option for it to auto connect to my screen beam mini 2. I still have to manually choose the casting device.

At 'Screencast Settings' did you set the 'Casting device name' to the actual name of your casting device?
18th February 2020, 01:45 AM |#674  

More
GS9+ Issues
I cant seem to figure out how to work around Samsung DEX. I feel like its interfering with ARU

ARU connects properly now but I cant seem to use it as it was intended to. When I go to connections and put HDMI to Mirror settings to disable Samsung Dex it looks like its on mirror mode only. But I can scroll left and right on my app radio (SPH-DA120). Not even on full screen on app radio even on landscape

anyone had issues with this before? any help will do. I really like this app. I had the rooted ARU on an old phone and it worked with my app radio 2 really well. Sold that car so dont have the unit any longer.

Anyway connection is wired. Type C mhl
18th February 2020, 06:19 AM |#675  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamj0mz

I cant seem to figure out how to work around Samsung DEX. I feel like its interfering with ARU

ARU connects properly now but I cant seem to use it as it was intended to. When I go to connections and put HDMI to Mirror settings to disable Samsung Dex it looks like its on mirror mode only. But I can scroll left and right on my app radio (SPH-DA120). Not even on full screen on app radio even on landscape

anyone had issues with this before? any help will do. I really like this app. I had the rooted ARU on an old phone and it worked with my app radio 2 really well. Sold that car so dont have the unit any longer.

Anyway connection is wired. Type C mhl

Nevermind figured it out. Thought this app is just like the old one but I guess its not
18th February 2020, 11:50 AM |#676  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nevermind figured it out. Thought this app is just like the old one but I guess its not

Ok. What was the actual issue?
18th February 2020, 07:51 PM |#677  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51©

Ok. What was the actual issue?

I thought it works like the old ARU. When connected leave the phone in the glove compartment and control everything from the head unit even the phone is locked or is it supposed to?

But app still does not reconnect to BT after it turns it off and on. Have to manually connect. Then it will work
19th February 2020, 07:53 AM |#678  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I thought it works like the old ARU. When connected leave the phone in the glove compartment and control everything from the head unit even the phone is locked or is it supposed to?

But app still does not reconnect to BT after it turns it off and on. Have to manually connect. Then it will work

This app is still designed to be able to do that but somehow Bluetooth on the latest phones has become more quirky in connecting.
The best chance to get it working is to get the beta version (0.09). Just go the Play store entry for the app and join the beta.
Set 'Connection Trigger Method' to 'Bluetooth - Wired HDMI' and at 'Head unit bluetooth address' select the entry for your head unit.
19th February 2020, 08:57 AM |#679  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51©

This app is still designed to be able to do that but somehow Bluetooth on the latest phones has become more quirky in connecting.
The best chance to get it working is to get the beta version (0.09). Just go the Play store entry for the app and join the beta.
Set 'Connection Trigger Method' to 'Bluetooth - Wired HDMI' and at 'Head unit bluetooth address' select the entry for your head unit.

Got ya. Joined and waiting for the beta. Thanks again for the fast reply. Will try the settings once I get it
19th February 2020, 06:28 PM |#680  

More
I had tried to delete my pervious post regarding auto casting. All working perfectly with the beta now. My casting device had a full stop after it in the settings.
19th February 2020, 08:21 PM |#681  

More
Quote:

Got ya. Joined and waiting for the beta. Thanks again for the fast reply. Will try the settings once I get it

Sent you an email with some feed backs

Thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)