FORUMS

[APP][5.0+]AndroidAuto carNotifier (Multi-language and Email support)

3,038 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,456

By Emil Borconi, Recognized Developer on 18th November 2018, 03:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2020, 09:35 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt11784

I set this up about a year ago and it worked great. But for the last couple months less and less apps are working. My main reason for downloading this was to get Gmail and Outlook notifications on AA but now neither work. Anyone having these issues? Usuaijg Pixel XL3 A10 and AA 5.005

Still working fine on my p4xl a10 latest aa.
9th February 2020, 08:07 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed this today. Been looking for something like this for a while so thank you. I will gladly pay a few bucks when you take it off beta.

Some feedback:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Android v10. Fully updated.
- 2019 Ford F150 w/ Sync 3, also fully updated via wifi.
- Android Auto 5.0.5.
- CarNotifier v1.0, beta 14.

The app does everything I need. I.e., all I care about is getting a notification and popup of the basic email (sender, title). I get a lot of email some of which are urgent and I spend a lot of time on the road. Your app does this perfectly so if it did nothing else I'd be happy.

The audio playback is kludgy in my opinion. Here's my experience:

- Worked the first few times then when someone called me and a notification came in the background during the call, it seemed to break (sent myself a few test messages after the call and no audio playback). I played around a lot and I think rebooting the phone was needed to make it work again. Not 100% sure but I'll play more in the next few days.

- When audio read out was working, turning off the "Read out notification" setting didn't stop things from being read back. Maybe I have to reboot phone again. Dunno, again, I'll play some more.

- Not sure how I could ever reply to a message like your app summary says. Clicking on the notification does nothing (is it supposed to do something? I click on it and it clearly is clickable but nothing happens).

- Maybe related to my last comment, it would be nice if a text popup came up with some of the email body when I press the notification banner. Again, is that supposed to happen and it's just not working for me?

Just trying to help. As mentioned, of all it ever did was what I have now, I'll be grateful for the effort.
11th February 2020, 01:29 PM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt11784

I set this up about a year ago and it worked great. But for the last couple months less and less apps are working. My main reason for downloading this was to get Gmail and Outlook notifications on AA but now neither work. Anyone having these issues? Usuaijg Pixel XL3 A10 and AA 5.005

Just had a couple of days. All I wanted was an alert. I have "readout messages" disabled (unchecked), the app still tries ask me if I want the message read out. Doesn't matter if I say yes, no or nothing. It says it twice then says it is aborting.

Awesome app if I can figure this out.

Samsung S10+ Kenwood DDX9905s using wireless projection/bluetooth
15th February 2020, 02:05 PM |#104  

More
Just a follow to my post above after using this for a week. *Most importantly* is perfectly does the main thing I was looking for: email notification (Outlook in my case).

That said, here's some feedback on what doesn't work or works flaky:

- The voice playback just doesn't work. It worked at first but then stopped.

- This is a good thing however since the setting to disable voice readout doesn't seem to do anything. When it was working, turning off the readout did not stop it.

- Clicking the notification popup does nothing. Neither the main window or the "X" at the top right will either dismiss the notification or take any other action.

- I get zero prompts at all. My understanding is it's supposed to ask if I want it read out. Never once has this happened.

- The setting for how long the notification stays up does nothing. My notifications stay visible for 5 seconds no matter what I set it at.

Again, none of thee matter to me as it's working enough for me. Thanks for the effort.

My set up:

- 2019 Ford F150 w/ Sync3
- AndroidAuto 5.0.5
- Galaxy Note 10+ w/ Android 10
- Carnotifier 1.0 Beta v14
21st February 2020, 04:19 PM |#105  

More
After update to the latest android auto, notifications stay on screen until manually closed by clicking the X button on notification. Is this app still developed or not?
21st February 2020, 05:18 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumanizer77

After update to the latest android auto, notifications stay on screen until manually closed by clicking the X button on notification. Is this app still developed or not?

Turn off play notification sound in app. It is still being developed Emil has been busy with his other apps and hopefully soon work on this.

Personally it is working great for me I have no issues.
21st February 2020, 05:19 PM |#107  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bggold

Turn off play notification sound in app. It is still being developed Emil has been busy with his other apps and hopefully soon work on this.

Personally it is working great for me I have no issues.

I have the sound set to off from the beginning...
Yesterday, 01:21 PM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumanizer77

I have the sound set to off from the beginning...

I am still having the problem. I need to manually close every notification that pops up on screen, otherwise it will stay there forever.

Also, why does CarNotifier need Microphone and Phone permissions?
Yesterday, 05:53 PM |#109  

More
Problem with the notifications not disappearing is solved. It was probably an Android Auto bug, I have just upgraded to the latest version which was released yesterday and everything works as before.

But my question regarding the permissions is still valid.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
androidauto, multilanguage, notification, tts

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)