I installed this today. Been looking for something like this for a while so thank you. I will gladly pay a few bucks when you take it off beta.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Android v10. Fully updated.
- 2019 Ford F150 w/ Sync 3, also fully updated via wifi.
- Android Auto 5.0.5.
- CarNotifier v1.0, beta 14.
The app does everything I need. I.e., all I care about is getting a notification and popup of the basic email (sender, title). I get a lot of email some of which are urgent and I spend a lot of time on the road. Your app does this perfectly so if it did nothing else I'd be happy.
The audio playback is kludgy in my opinion. Here's my experience:
- Worked the first few times then when someone called me and a notification came in the background during the call, it seemed to break (sent myself a few test messages after the call and no audio playback). I played around a lot and I think rebooting the phone was needed to make it work again. Not 100% sure but I'll play more in the next few days.
- When audio read out was working, turning off the "Read out notification" setting didn't stop things from being read back. Maybe I have to reboot phone again. Dunno, again, I'll play some more.
- Not sure how I could ever reply to a message like your app summary says. Clicking on the notification does nothing (is it supposed to do something? I click on it and it clearly is clickable but nothing happens).
- Maybe related to my last comment, it would be nice if a text popup came up with some of the email body when I press the notification banner. Again, is that supposed to happen and it's just not working for me?
Just trying to help. As mentioned, of all it ever did was what I have now, I'll be grateful for the effort.