FORUMS

[APP][5.0+]AndroidAuto carNotifier (Multi-language and Email support)

3,070 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,563
 
By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 18th November 2018, 02:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2018, 03:33 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 279
 
More
Very good stuff!
I use it with the now playing feature - basically phone picks up music on the radio,.detects the song and artist and throws a notification. This app picks that up and shows it as a notification on the car screen! I have disabled read out. So it stays as a simple notification.
Quick question - haven't been able to try it - if I set zero seconds as the duration, will it leave the notification forever?
28th November 2018, 12:15 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Tested but not working as expected. Line is an application which doesn't support Android Auto.
Positive: Yes, Car Notifier shows there is a message on Line.
Negative: Can't do anything, it won't read the message, the notification stays in grey color and nothing happens when I click on the message.

Cheers
Tom
28th November 2018, 02:57 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1807

Tested but not working as expected. Line is an application which doesn't support Android Auto.
Positive: Yes, Car Notifier shows there is a message on Line.
Negative: Can't do anything, it won't read the message, the notification stays in grey color and nothing happens when I click on the message.

Cheers
Tom

You can't click the notification to have it read at this time. If you want them read to you enable the read option.
29th November 2018, 02:09 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
"Read out notifications" is enabled in the settings, my Honda headunit is hacked and I have root access, so I don't think this is related to that.

Cheers
Tom
29th November 2018, 02:30 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1807

"Read out notifications" is enabled in the settings, my Honda headunit is hacked and I have root access, so I don't think this is related to that.

Cheers
Tom

I'm sure you have but have you checked all the permissions?
29th November 2018, 06:17 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Flag Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
CarNotifier asks only permissions to Microphone and Phone, both are granted.
Wondering now whether it has something to do with the new Android Auto v3.8.584554 where some on Reddit claim, that notification is broken

Cheers
Tom

Edit: Maybe the the new AA version interferes with CarNotifier, because AA can show now also message preview

More edit: My friend tested on the Samsung S7 (I have a OnePlus 3T). Also on his mobile nothing happens with Line.
Can't read out and nothing happens in AA when click on it
29th November 2018, 01:29 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag Bodensee
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Is there an app for Speed cams like in your obd2aa app, to have only the speed cam notification?
The Following User Says Thank You to Psy87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Psy87 Ad-Free
29th November 2018, 03:13 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1807

CarNotifier asks only permissions to Microphone and Phone, both are granted.
Wondering now whether it has something to do with the new Android Auto v3.8.584554 where some on Reddit claim, that notification is broken

Cheers
Tom

Edit: Maybe the the new AA version interferes with CarNotifier, because AA can show now also message preview

More edit: My friend tested on the Samsung S7 (I have a OnePlus 3T). Also on his mobile nothing happens with Line.
Can't read out and nothing happens in AA when click on it

I am running the new aa and it is working. Get Emil a bug report right after it happens.

The only thing you can do at this time is swip away the notifications. Clicking them will not do anything.

Thanks
29th November 2018, 06:14 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Flag Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
After more testing, I do believe the culprit is Line. Gmail works as expected, Facebook also (just for test).
However, Line refuses, which is actually the reason to install the program in the first place.
Probably one of the few programs which won't work.
Great program though.

Cheers
Tom
18th December 2018, 12:38 PM |#20  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely
Thanks Meter: 2,563
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys.

I'm finally back in the UK and in front of my PC, I've also managed to tied up quiet a few of my loose ends and I have no big project starting this year. I will dedicated the last 2 weeks of this years to the following:

1) Looking into fixing some of the FC for obd2aa, also try to find a solution for non-standard PIDs
2) Get AA GateWay to Beta/Stable version (most work needs to be done on this app)
3) Fix some issues and FC with HUR (including Waze sound cut off).
4) Get the carNotifier to a stable version.

January and February are again fully booked so I will focus on stability rather then adding new features especially because obd2aa and HUR and fairly mature apps with most of the functions already covered.

For some reason I'm not really getting any notifications from XDA and being a lot on the road I don't visit the site too often lately, therefore I will kindly ask you if you need support, please email me directly to [email protected].
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2018, 05:54 PM |#21  
Jackos's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 945
 
More
Hi Emil,
Is it possible to get a button to turn all toggles on, off, toggle all? This would be helpful, as the list of packages/applications is very very very long.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
androidauto, multilanguage, notification, tts

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes