[APP][5.0+]AndroidAuto carNotifier (Multi-language and Email support)

Search This thread

whiteonrice04

Mar 26, 2015
I am not sure if I downloaded the right one but it doesn't work properly for me.
When I get an alert while connected to car using AA it gets caught in an endless loop alerting me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Raph191919

Dec 16, 2018
Hi Emil

The App has a fantastic behavior.
What about long emails, is there a way to interrupt the in progress reading : sometimes email senders have long, long, very long signatures xD

Last edited:

Blazerman

Dec 11, 2008
Hamburg
Hello,

i think the app ist working, but since a few hours Gmail wont display new emails and all selected apps in Android Auto?
Cache from affected apps are deleted.

If everthig working fine and stable i would donate!

Blazerman

Dec 11, 2008
Hamburg
Thanks it's done unforrunately actual i have the Problem that Android Auto disconnecting my BT when it's connected to the USB cable.
It's the known Problem [emoji849]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

chuppito

Jun 29, 2014
Hello are you getting to reproduce the same notification as obd2aa and camsam? I can't do it. Thank you

chuppito

Jun 29, 2014
Hello
Yes I have the notifications though
Indeed, only the application camsam by putting in the notification options on smartwatch, I have a notification that says: "camsam more alert on the D12" while on obd2aa, we happen to have the radar at some distance and especially the mileage of this radar.
Thank you

bggold

Sep 13, 2013
Hello
Yes I have the notifications though
Indeed, only the application camsam by putting in the notification options on smartwatch, I have a notification that says: "camsam more alert on the D12" while on obd2aa, we happen to have the radar at some distance and especially the mileage of this radar.
Thank you
Does it work for other apps? Try email and send a message.

peejayw

Jan 19, 2010
Wish I could get this working, sounds like just what I need. I have AA v4.3.591854 running on Pixel XLand a JVC car radio that is AA-enabled. I have set AA permissions and have "unknown sources" on in Developer options.
In CarNotifer I have selected Gmail, Messages and Messenger but the notifications appear on my phone, not the car radio screen.
What else do I need to set up to get it working?
Thanks.

bggold

Sep 13, 2013
If anyone get the new Android auto that is starting to roll out by server side switch let us know how it's working with carNotifier.

Thanks

Correction Google announced today it has not started to roll out.

Last edited:

Shayne_b

Jul 3, 2019
AA Developer Mode

I'm having issues getting AA 4.4.592343 into developer mode. Tapping About Android Auto does nothing.

Shayne_b

Jul 3, 2019
I'm having issues getting AA 4.4.592343 into developer mode. Tapping About Android Auto does nothing.
I figured it out. Need to open AA, select about. On the window that opens, select the options gear. Scroll down to the bottom to the version. Tap it until the developer mode popup appears.

nbraunstein

Nov 17, 2013
Very good stuff!
I use it with the now playing feature - basically phone picks up music on the radio,.detects the song and artist and throws a notification. This app picks that up and shows it as a notification on the car screen! I have disabled read out. So it stays as a simple notification.
Quick question - haven't been able to try it - if I set zero seconds as the duration, will it leave the notification forever?

What is the now playing feature listed under? I cannot seem to find it on my Pixel 2XL.

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

What if I was doing GrubHub and wanted to accept trip offers from the AA screen? I can see the notifcations but I still cannot click on them. It shows the available notification and updating location but the offer doesn't come through as a notification.

strangedata

Apr 23, 2012
This app is a great idea and solves a problema that I would've thought trivial for Google.

For some reason though it's not working for me. Asus Zenfone 5z (ASUS_Z01RD), AA 4.5.592854-release, carNotifier downloaded yesterday, Android 9, Chevrolet/GM MyLink 2.

First thing I noticed was that the app list inside carNotifier shows the apps three or four times (i.e. a-z, a-z, a-z, a-z...), but when I select WhatsApp to be notified, all WhatsApp entries in the list are toggled to on at the same time.

The UI in my car has definitely changed, and is better looking than pure Android Auto. When I get a message, carNotifier pops-up a notification, which looks different from that AA usually show, and gives me the option to play or mute the message.

If I select play on a new notification, it switches to Google Assistant and the message is read in English, instead of in Portuguese.

I've rebooted the phone after installing carNotifier.

Anything I can do to get it to work?

Thanks for taking time to create such a promising app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 1.0 released

I will like to start saying a very big thank you to @bggold who asked me to consider this in the first place :)

While there isn't any way to use the nice Google Assistant voice, and it's still rough around the edges, this demonstrates how we can use Android Auto in a multi-lingual environment as well as how to read out and reply emails.

The concept is very simple, instead of relaying on Android Auto to read out the notifications I have created a small app which mimics that behaviour, with some extras:

1) It try to do a language detection for each test, and use the appropriate TextToSpeech
    2) It allows the user to select which app notification does he/she want's to read
    3) If the content is really long (like a lengthy email) the app will prompt the user if it want's to go ahead with the message readout or not
    4) If notification supports quick-reply the app will prompt the user for a reply (in the same language as the the original message)

Planning to support a lot of languages but there I will need user input, I have translated the basic strings to around 70 languages using Google translator, but I can tell it's not quite right (I can see with the languages I do speak)

Best part, app won't be affected by 3rd party restriction at all and it won't require root either, however I'm pretty sure Google will not allow it on the PlayStore :)

Beta version available now on XDA Labs.

App will be payable, however current beta is free so grab a copy while you can :)

To use the app you will need to enable unknown sources in Android Auto, simply open Android Auto, go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times till you become a developer, then from the 3 dotted right menu select developer options and enable "Unknown sources"
    I looked into updating the app to make it work with current Android versions - and ended up with a complete rewrite.
    Download at https://github.com/ztNFny/AANotificationForwarder
    Compared to carNotifier it's missing the "read notification" functionality - but that is covered by Android Auto itself, so I don't see the need for it.
    If there was source code for this project maybe we developers could help out on fixing it
    @eula1977

Greetings. As a "last time" courtesy, I have translated your last 3 posts. Just a reminder to please be respectful and observant of XDA Rule #4 for all of your future posts.
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
    Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

-Regards: Badger50
    unfortunately, it's true, have you found any already?

Nope, but that's the latest version I have downloaded last year. I think has several bug with latest A11