[APP][5.0+]AndroidAuto carNotifier (Multi-language and Email support)

Search This thread

Adi123456788

Aug 22, 2019
hi guys,

I have the new AA, but anyway on my phone i see the old AA. I have installed CarNotifier, gave access to WhatsApp, set up Developer in Android Auto, rebooted.
Now when i'm in AA on my phone and i get a new message, a CarNotifier card pops up and the message is STILL read in english by the Google Assistant.

Language i'm trying to get my messages read in is ROMANIAN. Does it not support that?

Thanks (sounds like a very good app if i could get it working)

airos4

Jun 9, 2010
Non Functioning New AA

Good evening.. had the app working like a charm under the older AA version. I received the new AA version, and no notifications except the "standard" ones appear anymore. I tried uninstalling CarNotifier and reinstalling, but nothing. I loved being able to get my Active911 and Gmail notifications through the AA face, so I hope it gets updated.

bggold

Sep 13, 2013
Good evening.. had the app working like a charm under the older AA version. I received the new AA version, and no notifications except the "standard" ones appear anymore. I tried uninstalling CarNotifier and reinstalling, but nothing. I loved being able to get my Active911 and Gmail notifications through the AA face, so I hope it gets updated.
It works fine for me. Give us a little more info like device, etc.

sumit0110

Apr 21, 2013
I recently purchased Android head unit.. which is basically running Android 6.0. I can install AA on my head unit through its play store, but I want AA which runs on my mobile to be projected on my head unit wirelessly. Any idea how to get this done? Is headunit reloaded solution here?

PhobicCarrot

May 16, 2018
CarNotifer was working great. When I updated my P3XL to A10, it just stopped working. Is CN not compatible w/ A10? Is there a setting somewhere to re-enable it?

PhobicCarrot

May 16, 2018
CarNotifer was working great. When I updated my P3XL to A10, it just stopped working. Is CN not compatible w/ A10? Is there a setting somewhere to re-enable it?

I discovered that when listening to podcasts through Google Podcasts or PocketCasts, the notifications do not come through. However, when listening to music through Spotify, they do.

mt11784

May 10, 2019
I discovered that when listening to podcasts through Google Podcasts or PocketCasts, the notifications do not come through. However, when listening to music through Spotify, they do.

After updating to A10 I'm not seeing any notifications while keeping Maps on while driving. Really miss this functionality let's hope it gets resolved soon.

mt11784

May 10, 2019
I have all 3 enabled forncarnotifier. Also did you do an upgrade to a10 or new install? If new install did you do a Google restore?

All of mine are enabled as well. I had to replace my Pixel 3 XL recently but I also hadn't used AA since I upgraded to A10 with my old phone. I'm just assuming it's an A10 issue.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

All of mine are enabled as well. I had to replace my Pixel 3 XL recently but I also hadn't used AA since I upgraded to A10 with my old phone. I'm just assuming it's an A10 issue.

Just realized (and probably why the question of upgrade vs new install was asked) that because it's a new phone and I didn't do a full restore I had to re-enable Dev mode for AA and enable unknown sources. I'm hoping that does the trick.

Stephanlabbe

Sep 11, 2019
Nice app Emil but I have a little issue

I love the idea of your app as this is really a nice add-on.

This being said I did all required steps on my Samsung Note 9 meaning :

"To use the app you will need to enable unknown sources in Android Auto, simply open Android Auto, go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times till you become a developer, then from the 3 dotted right menu select developer options and enable "Unknown sources".

After a fresh install or update please make sure you reboot the device, notifications won't work until a reboot is completed."

Everything worked as expected and I get my notice on the homepage of Android auto for the Gmail app as my goal is to be able to have my email to be read out loud as I drive but my issue is that if I click on the notice, nothing happens meaning it doesn't ask to readme the email and it's like if there was no action registered on the onclick event of the notice ... Any ideas why ?

adrs168

Oct 10, 2009
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Not work on Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Hi.
Used Huawei Mate 10 Pro with Android Auto in Alpine ILX207
Has download carnotifier but still not work.
I can see some apps in notification setting ( in carnotifier) has repeat or double
Need help how its works?
Its must rooted?
Thanks a lot

wumpscut1

May 8, 2017
The application is working correctly. I didn’t find any problems. It would be great if I didn’t immediately read the message, but notify from whom and only then I asked to read or not. And that’s how privacy is lost.

Redarmy23

Jul 29, 2018
Same here

Worked like charm till the AA update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 1.0 released

I will like to start saying a very big thank you to @bggold who asked me to consider this in the first place :)

While there isn't any way to use the nice Google Assistant voice, and it's still rough around the edges, this demonstrates how we can use Android Auto in a multi-lingual environment as well as how to read out and reply emails.

The concept is very simple, instead of relaying on Android Auto to read out the notifications I have created a small app which mimics that behaviour, with some extras:

1) It try to do a language detection for each test, and use the appropriate TextToSpeech
    2) It allows the user to select which app notification does he/she want's to read
    3) If the content is really long (like a lengthy email) the app will prompt the user if it want's to go ahead with the message readout or not
    4) If notification supports quick-reply the app will prompt the user for a reply (in the same language as the the original message)

Planning to support a lot of languages but there I will need user input, I have translated the basic strings to around 70 languages using Google translator, but I can tell it's not quite right (I can see with the languages I do speak)

Best part, app won't be affected by 3rd party restriction at all and it won't require root either, however I'm pretty sure Google will not allow it on the PlayStore :)

Beta version available now on XDA Labs.

App will be payable, however current beta is free so grab a copy while you can :)

To use the app you will need to enable unknown sources in Android Auto, simply open Android Auto, go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times till you become a developer, then from the 3 dotted right menu select developer options and enable "Unknown sources"
    I looked into updating the app to make it work with current Android versions - and ended up with a complete rewrite.
    Download at https://github.com/ztNFny/AANotificationForwarder
    Compared to carNotifier it's missing the "read notification" functionality - but that is covered by Android Auto itself, so I don't see the need for it.
    If there was source code for this project maybe we developers could help out on fixing it
    @eula1977

Greetings. As a "last time" courtesy, I have translated your last 3 posts. Just a reminder to please be respectful and observant of XDA Rule #4 for all of your future posts.
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
    Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

-Regards: Badger50
    unfortunately, it's true, have you found any already?

Nope, but that's the latest version I have downloaded last year. I think has several bug with latest A11