FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+] Bubble Cloud Widgets + Wear Mini Launcher alternative for smartwatches

286 posts
Thanks Meter: 73

By vgergo, Senior Member on 7th October 2014, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2015, 07:53 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Widget vs Wear user UI

Order of setting cards for Android Wear Bubble Cloud users: (portrait pro, portrait free, landscape pro, landscape free)

Order of setting cards for Bubble Cloud Widgets users:

2nd February 2015, 12:52 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Watch face launcher
Bubble Cloud Watch Face Launcher for Android Wear
Bubble Cloud Launcher for Android Wear now includes Watch Face Launcher

You can select "Bubble Cloud" as you would set any other watch face.

In watch face mode, the so called "Favorites cloud" will be displayed as the watchface. This includes the clock bubble, and optionally the date, the battery live-info bubbles, or the wifi, ringmode toggles, and the find-my-phone bubble. All app launcher bubbles work too as expected:
  1. tap once to open the corresponding app
  2. or double tap to "sticky" open the app pinned, which means it's going to be kept on screen
You can access your archive cloud by swiping either to the left or right, depending on how you configured it in settings. The contact cloud is also operational.

As long as you have the Bubble Cloud watchface, you the swipe-in gesture from the edge of the screen will not take you to the app tray. This saves you from all the interference with other apps. Now we have a much more convenient way to get to our apps: just go back to the home screen in any of the usual ways: by pressing the hardware button or by putting your palm on the screen.

This is still a watchface, and all the regular functions of watch faces are still accessible:
  • you can say "OK google" to invoke the voice search
  • incoming notifications show up at the bottom of the screen (covering some of the bubbles, until you swipe it down).
  • you can interact with the notifications in the usual manner: just make sure to swipe at them at the bottom of the screen
You can also access your older notifications and the swipe down menu. For this, you need to firsttap on the clock bubble:
  • the cloud changes color to let you know you cannot launch apps
  • swipe down for the settings
  • swipe up for the notificaton cards
  • you can effectively start the voice search by double tapping on the clock bubble
In the on-the-watch settings of Bubble Cloud Launcher, you can choose whether the ambient screen should display the special power-efficient hollow bubbles. Or, if you are using a watch with LCD screen (such as the Moto 360), I actually recommend to use the regular, filled bubbles even on the ambient screen, because here the number of active pixels has no effect on the power use of the display. We actually save power by not needing to draw two sets of bubble clouds, one regular and one hollow.

This is a crude first version. Power consumption is not fully optimized yet, although I designed it with battery efficiency in mind. In the few days I have tested it myself, I haven't had any accidental app launches, but still I am open to suggestions for an intuitive touch protection mechanism.

Finally, don't be alarmed, this is just an option, when you choose to keep using other watch-faces, Bubble Cloud Launcher will become accessible in the traditional manner: swiping in or double tapping on selected edge of the screen.
8th February 2015, 04:04 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
New version 2 released including new intro/orientation video
Bubble Cloud Watch Face Launcher for Android Wear is out of beta.

A new product / intro / orientation / tutorial video has been created (over 11 min!)

I replaced the video in the OP , but here is the old video for reference:
10th February 2015, 10:29 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
App Drawer mode animation with compatible watch faces
Here is how app-opening animation works in Bubble Cloud Launcher:
  1. when you tap an icon, the associated activity is called, and at the same time the zoom-in animation is started
  2. when the app gets fully loaded, a quick cross-fade transition reveals the app
When Bubble Cloud Launcher is used in watch-face mode, my app gets notified as soon as the running app appears on the screen (the watch face receives a visible=false call back). When used in app-drawer mode, my app no longer has access to this information, so the zoom-in animation needs to happen for the longest time to make sure the app in the background is fully loaded: http://youtu.be/Daa2hsanBhY?t=7m12s

Starting with version 2.10 app opening animation will work with compatible watch faces (if a watch face is not compatible, the starting animation will always last 4 seconds, no matter how quickly the app opens in the background) and Bubble Cloud Launcher will give you a reminder following the first animation.

So what are compatible watch faces?
I am currently in the talks with Facer dev Fodawim, so hopefully all your Facer creations will become compatible, but you can ask your favorite watch face dev to include the following two lines in their watchface:

in the public class Engine extends CanvasWatchFaceService.Engine definition:
PHP Code:
final private Intent bcIntent=new Intent("dynalogix.bubblecloud.WATCHFACE_HIDDEN"); 
in the onVisibilityChanged(boolean visible) callback:
PHP Code:
if(!visiblesendBroadcast(bcIntent); 
If you do, please let me know when it was updated, I would gladly list their apps in my Google+ pages.
Direct link to this post: http://goo.gl/niucmu
The Following User Says Thank You to vgergo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vgergo Ad-Free
14th February 2015, 06:26 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Bubble Cloud Launcher Feature summary diagram
Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ookmarkbubbles

New:
Non-dimming full screen clock with seconds hand!
12th March 2015, 09:19 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Cloud forming algorithm

I keep tweaking the core algorithm in the app, which is responsible for the layout of the bubble clouds.
Objectives:
  • include all bubbles
  • least amount of unused space
  • no bubbles cropped on the edges
  • bubbles should surround each other evenly
  • countinuous clouds
  • optimal execution speed
  • least number of backtracks
  • least number of floating point calculations
  • Keep distance of bubbles from the center between cloud re-generations
  • Keep bubbles in the same general area of the cloud after re-generation
12th March 2015, 09:26 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I love the idea and I have purchased the app, it just feels like something is missing. I wish the icons could be just floating without the bubble around them.
12th March 2015, 09:58 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Bubbles without bubbles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixMert

I love the idea and I have purchased the app, it just feels like something is missing. I wish the icons could be just floating without the bubble around them.

That's a new idea! Nobody thought of this before. So you would like different size icons floating around in space?
So here is a rough estimate of how it would look:
(I guess then the icons could be closer to each other.
Or did you mean on the Android Wear watch?)
12th March 2015, 10:04 PM |#19  

More
On Android wear, looks a little insane on a phone lol. Just like the idea of having all my apps just a click away but still looks stock ish
12th March 2015, 10:05 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixMert

On Android wear, looks a little insane on a phone lol. Just like the idea of having all my apps just a click away but still looks stock ish

I guess it simply would mean to set all bubble colors to match the background color. I am adding the option!
12th March 2015, 10:08 PM |#21  

More
That's awesome man, maybe if you swipe left or right you could add quick toggles or something similar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)