Search This thread

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
p3890301369-11.jpg

EX Kernel Manager

I get a lot of feature requests and questions for this app, so I've decided to make a thread here. Feel free to make feature requests, report bugs, ask questions or post useful information and feedback.

EX Kernel Manager (EXKM) is the ultimate tool for performance tuning, maximizing battery life, tweaking color, sound, gestures and other kernel settings. EXKM gives you total control over your hardware with premium features and a beautifully optimized material design user interface.

*** Your device must be ROOTED to fully use this app

*** Universal! Compatible with all kernels and all devices.

*** Works with stock kernel, however, some advanced features such as wake gestures, color and sound settings require a custom kernel

Fully supported on the Google Pixel, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, HTC One m7/m8/m9, HTC 10, OnePlus 3/3T, Asus ZenFone 2, Samsung Galaxy S6/S7, Moto G4/G4 Plus, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and many other devices.

Includes instant powersave mode and performance mode. Including widgets and quicksettings tiles (on Nougat)

Dashboard: your homepage within the app, Dashboard summarizes your current settings and shows real-time CPU and GPU frequencies, temperatures, memory usage, uptime, deep sleep, battery level and temperature, governors, and i/o settings.

Battery Monitor: the most accurate way to measure battery life. EXKM's Battery Monitor is designed to show battery statistics that you can use to improve battery life scientifically. EXKM Battery Monitor measures % battery use per hour and gives separate statistics for screen off (idle drain) and screen on (active drain). It automatically measures only when the battery is discharging so you never have to remember to reset the stats or create markers.

CPU Settings: easily create, share and load CPU governor profiles for maximum battery life. Adjust max frequency, min frequency, CPU governor, CPU boost, hotplugging, thermals and voltage (if supported by kernel or hardware)

Graphics Settings: Max frequency, min frequency, GPU governor and more.

Advanced Color Control: RGB controls, saturation, value, contrast and hue, Save, load and share custom profiles. (requires kernel support, most custom kernels for Qualcomm devices implement this driver)

Wake Gestures: sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, sweep2sleep, haptic feedback, camera gesture, wake timeout and more (requires kernel support). Asus ZenFone 2 gestures are fully supported.

Custom User Settings: This feature allows you to add any kernel setting you want. Kernel settings are located in the /proc and /sys directories. Simply navigate to the desired path and you can quickly and easily add the setting to the app where it can be changed on the fly or applied at boot. Plus you can easily import/export your custom settings and share with other users.

Memory Settings: adjust zRAM, KSM, lowmemorykiller, and virtual memory settings

Sound Control: adjust speaker, headphone and mic gain. Supports elementalx, fauxsound, fanco sound control, and others (requires kernel support).

CPU Times: Show CPU frequency usage and deep sleep, and optionally sort by most used frequencies.

Update or Install ElementalX: Get notified and quickly download and install the ElementalX Kernel on your Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, HTC One m7, HTC One m8, HTC One m9, HTC 10 and OnePlus 3.

Kernel Backup: save and restore kernel backups

Many other settings: i/o scheduler, readahead kb, fsync, zRAM, KSM, USB fastcharge, TCP congestion algorithm, last kernel log, magnetic cover control, memory settings, entropy settings and much more!

Other features: configurable, one-click Powersave mode and Performance modes, CPU temperature notification, language chooser (English, French, German, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Traditional and Simplified Chinese), theme chooser, auto-powersave mode and more!

Last edited:

Squall88uk

Jun 17, 2015
Manchester
Just got the new update from the Play Store. Liking the little visual differences, the graph behind the current frequencies, the little coloured wheels for battery and ram. Just finishes the look off a little bit better. Not noticed any functional differences yet but I've only had a quick glance through. Any specific functional differences between the new version and the previous?

grimmaniac

Dec 15, 2010
Neuss
The new EXKM beta from the store is working good. No unexpected behavior so far, running it for a couple of hours including some reboots for testing.
And the color values of my display profiles now stay as set. Before they tended to change one or two points every time the advanced color control menu was reopened.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Just got the new update from the Play Store. Liking the little visual differences, the graph behind the current frequencies, the little coloured wheels for battery and ram. Just finishes the look off a little bit better. Not noticed any functional differences yet but I've only had a quick glance through. Any specific functional differences between the new version and the previous?

I made a lot of changes under the hood, optimizing code and improving things like device detection, and showing more info on the updater screen. There is also the advanced and simple modes, for people who are overwhelmed by a lot of settings. I have a lot more changes planned over the coming weeks.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Is there a compatible device list posted somewhere, or should we just try it?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Just try it. You can always get an automatic refund from the Play Store within two hours.

It works with just about every device (especially Qualcomm SOCs) and supports just about every custom kernel feature out there. If you want me to add stuff, post the paths and settings and I will add it. Or add it yourself on the User Settings screen.

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
Been using this app for many many years, such a beautiful kernel app, amazing, definitely the best, from years gone by till today it's still my number 1 kernel app.

When I read that there were going to major ui changes my instinct was "oh please no" only because in the past with other apps the changes have completely ruined the app. So anyway I take the plunge and install the update and I must say WOW!! Heavily impressed, looks much nicer now, with the little graphs n stats and all the tweaks you've done!!

Really great app, was the best for me and now it's even better!!

Even the current changes are perfect.

Good luck with all your development buddy

trawel

Aug 22, 2012
OnePlus 8T
I haven't found the option to change vibration intensity (blu_spark kernel). This option was available in the previous version of the app

EDIT:
After clearing app data, vibration slider appeared.
Thanks, very good app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p3890301369-11.jpg

EX Kernel Manager

I get a lot of feature requests and questions for this app, so I've decided to make a thread here. Feel free to make feature requests, report bugs, ask questions or post useful information and feedback.

EX Kernel Manager (EXKM) is the ultimate tool for performance tuning, maximizing battery life, tweaking color, sound, gestures and other kernel settings. EXKM gives you total control over your hardware with premium features and a beautifully optimized material design user interface.

*** Your device must be ROOTED to fully use this app

*** Universal! Compatible with all kernels and all devices.

*** Works with stock kernel, however, some advanced features such as wake gestures, color and sound settings require a custom kernel

Fully supported on the Google Pixel, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, HTC One m7/m8/m9, HTC 10, OnePlus 3/3T, Asus ZenFone 2, Samsung Galaxy S6/S7, Moto G4/G4 Plus, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and many other devices.

Includes instant powersave mode and performance mode. Including widgets and quicksettings tiles (on Nougat)

Dashboard: your homepage within the app, Dashboard summarizes your current settings and shows real-time CPU and GPU frequencies, temperatures, memory usage, uptime, deep sleep, battery level and temperature, governors, and i/o settings.

Battery Monitor: the most accurate way to measure battery life. EXKM's Battery Monitor is designed to show battery statistics that you can use to improve battery life scientifically. EXKM Battery Monitor measures % battery use per hour and gives separate statistics for screen off (idle drain) and screen on (active drain). It automatically measures only when the battery is discharging so you never have to remember to reset the stats or create markers.

CPU Settings: easily create, share and load CPU governor profiles for maximum battery life. Adjust max frequency, min frequency, CPU governor, CPU boost, hotplugging, thermals and voltage (if supported by kernel or hardware)

Graphics Settings: Max frequency, min frequency, GPU governor and more.

Advanced Color Control: RGB controls, saturation, value, contrast and hue, Save, load and share custom profiles. (requires kernel support, most custom kernels for Qualcomm devices implement this driver)

Wake Gestures: sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, sweep2sleep, haptic feedback, camera gesture, wake timeout and more (requires kernel support). Asus ZenFone 2 gestures are fully supported.

Custom User Settings: This feature allows you to add any kernel setting you want. Kernel settings are located in the /proc and /sys directories. Simply navigate to the desired path and you can quickly and easily add the setting to the app where it can be changed on the fly or applied at boot. Plus you can easily import/export your custom settings and share with other users.

Memory Settings: adjust zRAM, KSM, lowmemorykiller, and virtual memory settings

Sound Control: adjust speaker, headphone and mic gain. Supports elementalx, fauxsound, fanco sound control, and others (requires kernel support).

CPU Times: Show CPU frequency usage and deep sleep, and optionally sort by most used frequencies.

Update or Install ElementalX: Get notified and quickly download and install the ElementalX Kernel on your Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, HTC One m7, HTC One m8, HTC One m9, HTC 10 and OnePlus 3.

Kernel Backup: save and restore kernel backups

Many other settings: i/o scheduler, readahead kb, fsync, zRAM, KSM, USB fastcharge, TCP congestion algorithm, last kernel log, magnetic cover control, memory settings, entropy settings and much more!

Other features: configurable, one-click Powersave mode and Performance modes, CPU temperature notification, language chooser (English, French, German, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Traditional and Simplified Chinese), theme chooser, auto-powersave mode and more!

I made a lot of changes under the hood, optimizing code and improving things like device detection, and showing more info on the updater screen. There is also the advanced and simple modes, for people who are overwhelmed by a lot of settings. I have a lot more changes planned over the coming weeks.
    I built a bunch of kernels today, all now available through EX Kernel Manager

Pixel 4/4XL:
    -November security patches

Pixel 3/3XL:
    -restore sound settings

Pixel 3a/3aXL:
    -November Security patches

Pixel 2/2XL:

Essential PH1:

HTC U11:
    -initial release for Android Pie

Pixel/Pixel XL is now end-of-life from Google, so no updates
    Soon. Actually, 3.08 is the one you guys should be waiting for. It's way faster and has a really cool new feature.