[APP][Android 4.4+][ROOT] EX Kernel Manager

Search This thread

gatlinnewhouse

Oct 22, 2019
Can Klapse be added to the app? Or is it there only if the kernel version supports it?

Sent from my Google Pixel XL using XDA Labs

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Attachments

• klapse_resize_62.jpg
    klapse_resize_62.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 480
Reactions: gatlinnewhouse

Be4st187

Sep 24, 2018
OnePlus 6
Before I go ahead and make a Tasker profile, does the kernel manager turn on power save automatically when the screen goes off?

Meepaco

Apr 3, 2019
I changed "cpu sets" and now I can't input the default value (which is 4-7) did I do something bad

nicodinus

Dec 7, 2019
1. Is it possible to enter a log with fixing an event - when the OS does not start due to settings?
2. Is it possible to make a scheduler of operating modes on time? So that in normal times there was a telephone, and when the “game time” came, it gave maximum performance? Well, or to recognize the home Wi-Fi network and turn on the desired mode (after all, there is a power outlet at home and the phone will be where to recharge)
3. Can I make a password? For example, it’s very convenient for the child to set the maximum energy saving

subhamshaw

Jan 6, 2019
Hello i am on oneplus 6t android 10.0.1

I bought the app , it showed kernel available for my version

I downloaded it

It rebooted into recovery

I selected the kernel and installed

At this step it should show aroma installer , but it showed me Nothing .

It just simply finished installation and showed me reboot .

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
Hello i am on oneplus 6t android 10.0.1

I bought the app , it showed kernel available for my version

I downloaded it

It rebooted into recovery

I selected the kernel and installed

At this step it should show aroma installer , but it showed me Nothing .

It just simply finished installation and showed me reboot .
To my knowledge, aroma hasn't worked since the beginning of Pie.

jeremyafrank

Dec 20, 2010
UP FRONT: Most recent Tasker and EXKernel app, Nov. 2019 kernel, Pixel 4 XL

And those intents/package names/code would be

flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.ENABLE_PERFORMANCE, flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.DISABLE_PERFORMANCE or flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.TOGGLE_PERFORMANCE

and

flar2.exkernelmanager.powersaver.ENABLE_POWERSAVE, , flar2.exkernelmanager.powersaver.DISABLE_POWERSAVE, or , flar2.exkernelmanager.powersaver.TOGGLE_POWERSAVE?

They don't seem to working, even with root

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

And those intents/package names/code would be

flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.ENABLE_PERFORMANCE, flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.DISABLE_PERFORMANCE or flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.TOGGLE_PERFORMANCE

and

flar2.exkernelmanager.powersaver.ENABLE_POWERSAVE, , flar2.exkernelmanager.powersaver.DISABLE_POWERSAVE, or , flar2.exkernelmanager.powersaver.TOGGLE_POWERSAVE?

They don't seem to working, even with root. Maybe I can try to pull a log

On what system?
Most disable all kind of immersive pwr save?

I get this error when attempting to execute Performance mode via shell

[Note: XDA looks like it's adding a space in PERFORMANCE but there isn't one in the code, screenshot added]

09.31.54/E Run Shell: ->
09.31.54/Shell runBackground flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.ENABLE_PERFORMANCE root: true timeout: -1
09.31.54/Shell start process-thread ID 2143
09.31.54/E add wait type Shell1 time 2147483647
09.31.54/E add wait type Shell1 done
09.31.54/E add wait task
09.31.54/E Error: 127

0eYiqEQ.png

UPDATE: Same issue happens for TOGGLE_PERFORMANCE

G9ln1HW.png

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
UP FRONT: Most recent Tasker and EXKernel app, Nov. 2019 kernel, Pixel 4 XL

I get this error when attempting to execute Performance mode via shell

[Note: XDA looks like it's adding a space in PERFORMANCE but there isn't one in the code, screenshot added]

09.31.54/Shell runBackground flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.ENABLE_PERFORMANCE root: true timeout: -1
09.31.54/E add wait task

0eYiqEQ.png

UPDATE: Same issue happens for TOGGLE_PERFORMANCE

G9ln1HW.png

Make sure you specify the package name as part of the intent

flar2.exkernelmanager

Reactions: nouse1981

jeremyafrank

Dec 20, 2010
Make sure you specify the package name as part of the intent

flar2.exkernelmanager

09.31.54/E add wait task

So would that command be:

flar2.exkernelmanager flar2.exkernelmanager.performance.ENABLE_PERFORMANCE

JakeDHS07

Dec 15, 2010
North Salem NY
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is there anything on support for the December update? I'm on Pixel 4 XL and from what I've been able to gather the update breaks face unlock if you try and use the current released kernel? Haven't tested myself but just curious if anyone knows of a fix or confirmation.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Is there anything on support for the December update? I'm on Pixel 4 XL and from what I've been able to gather the update breaks face unlock if you try and use the current released kernel? Haven't tested myself but just curious if anyone knows of a fix or confirmation.

New release should be out today

tcchuin

Dec 25, 2008
@flar2 do you mind explaining more about the update for oneplus? did you simply add the auto kill for oneplus brain service or is there anything that you did to fix it?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

[/COLOR @flar2 do you mind explaining more about the update for oneplus? did you simply add the auto kill for oneplus brain service or is there anything that you did to fix it?

rohmbd

Jul 14, 2010
@flar2

With software update 10.0.7 for the OP7T Version 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 of ElementalX causes battery drain. I think that it might be because cluster 3 appears to stay maxed out at 2956 mhz. Whenever I flash the stock kernel the drain goes away. Maybe it's a coincidence, I don't know. Any ideas?

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
@flar2

With software update 10.0.7 for the OP7T Version 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 of ElementalX causes battery drain. I think that it might be because cluster 3 appears to stay maxed out at 2956 mhz. Whenever I flash the stock kernel the drain goes away. Maybe it's a coincidence, I don't know. Any ideas?

It's a known issue, i am going to look into it tonight. Some OnePlus bs

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It's a known issue, i am going to look into it tonight. Some OnePlus bs
ill just refer to @Mohammed779:
For your information,

This problem is because of the update 10.0.7. The frequency of cluster 3 is stuck at 2.9GHz. which is because of a OnePlus process running all the time.

You'd like to fix it? You need root then flash this module in magisk.

The module basically stops that process after few seconds of rebooting. Works fine on my 7T.

If root isn't your thing, you'd have to go back to 10.0.6.

so there is no real fix here other than killing this process (opbrain), which certainly isnt ideal.

but i heard, that the sources of 10.0.2 has been released, so perhaps this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p3890301369-11.jpg

EX Kernel Manager

I get a lot of feature requests and questions for this app, so I've decided to make a thread here. Feel free to make feature requests, report bugs, ask questions or post useful information and feedback.

EX Kernel Manager (EXKM) is the ultimate tool for performance tuning, maximizing battery life, tweaking color, sound, gestures and other kernel settings. EXKM gives you total control over your hardware with premium features and a beautifully optimized material design user interface.

*** Your device must be ROOTED to fully use this app

*** Universal! Compatible with all kernels and all devices.

*** Works with stock kernel, however, some advanced features such as wake gestures, color and sound settings require a custom kernel

Fully supported on the Google Pixel, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, HTC One m7/m8/m9, HTC 10, OnePlus 3/3T, Asus ZenFone 2, Samsung Galaxy S6/S7, Moto G4/G4 Plus, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and many other devices.

Includes instant powersave mode and performance mode. Including widgets and quicksettings tiles (on Nougat)

Dashboard: your homepage within the app, Dashboard summarizes your current settings and shows real-time CPU and GPU frequencies, temperatures, memory usage, uptime, deep sleep, battery level and temperature, governors, and i/o settings.

Battery Monitor: the most accurate way to measure battery life. EXKM's Battery Monitor is designed to show battery statistics that you can use to improve battery life scientifically. EXKM Battery Monitor measures % battery use per hour and gives separate statistics for screen off (idle drain) and screen on (active drain). It automatically measures only when the battery is discharging so you never have to remember to reset the stats or create markers.

CPU Settings: easily create, share and load CPU governor profiles for maximum battery life. Adjust max frequency, min frequency, CPU governor, CPU boost, hotplugging, thermals and voltage (if supported by kernel or hardware)

Graphics Settings: Max frequency, min frequency, GPU governor and more.

Advanced Color Control: RGB controls, saturation, value, contrast and hue, Save, load and share custom profiles. (requires kernel support, most custom kernels for Qualcomm devices implement this driver)

Wake Gestures: sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, sweep2sleep, haptic feedback, camera gesture, wake timeout and more (requires kernel support). Asus ZenFone 2 gestures are fully supported.

Custom User Settings: This feature allows you to add any kernel setting you want. Kernel settings are located in the /proc and /sys directories. Simply navigate to the desired path and you can quickly and easily add the setting to the app where it can be changed on the fly or applied at boot. Plus you can easily import/export your custom settings and share with other users.

Memory Settings: adjust zRAM, KSM, lowmemorykiller, and virtual memory settings

Sound Control: adjust speaker, headphone and mic gain. Supports elementalx, fauxsound, fanco sound control, and others (requires kernel support).

CPU Times: Show CPU frequency usage and deep sleep, and optionally sort by most used frequencies.

Update or Install ElementalX: Get notified and quickly download and install the ElementalX Kernel on your Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, HTC One m7, HTC One m8, HTC One m9, HTC 10 and OnePlus 3.

Kernel Backup: save and restore kernel backups

Many other settings: i/o scheduler, readahead kb, fsync, zRAM, KSM, USB fastcharge, TCP congestion algorithm, last kernel log, magnetic cover control, memory settings, entropy settings and much more!

Other features: configurable, one-click Powersave mode and Performance modes, CPU temperature notification, language chooser (English, French, German, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Traditional and Simplified Chinese), theme chooser, auto-powersave mode and more!
    Just got the new update from the Play Store. Liking the little visual differences, the graph behind the current frequencies, the little coloured wheels for battery and ram. Just finishes the look off a little bit better. Not noticed any functional differences yet but I've only had a quick glance through. Any specific functional differences between the new version and the previous?

I made a lot of changes under the hood, optimizing code and improving things like device detection, and showing more info on the updater screen. There is also the advanced and simple modes, for people who are overwhelmed by a lot of settings. I have a lot more changes planned over the coming weeks.
    I built a bunch of kernels today, all now available through EX Kernel Manager

Pixel 4/4XL:
    -November security patches

Pixel 3/3XL:
    -restore sound settings

Pixel 3a/3aXL:
    -November Security patches

Pixel 2/2XL:

Essential PH1:

HTC U11:
    -initial release for Android Pie

Pixel/Pixel XL is now end-of-life from Google, so no updates
    Soon. Actually, 3.08 is the one you guys should be waiting for. It's way faster and has a really cool new feature.