FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,638 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,128

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd August 2017, 02:48 PM |#91  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosimple

I have a corsa with intellilink system (android auto), so a dumbed version would be good if and whenever you could build it, because there are issues with intellilink which may create problems especially with obd2 bluetooth interface.
I have already posted your threat here, in a car forum i am writing making it known.
I will buy a obd2 bluetooth to try muself and i am writing the result in the forum there.
So perhaps you will have some interest for your app as it is beeing more known.
I believe is something many people waiting for.
Keep up the good work..

Sent from my SM-G9350 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Send me an email when you got your obd2 adapter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2017, 03:10 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

About the chinese units, now I;m not advocate of them don't get me wrong, but there are some decent ones out there. Getting an intel powered on plus my other app (see signature) will probably result in you spending half the money compared to a Pioneer/Sony/etc for the same experience.
Beside (and now here comes the advert part ) if you use HUR you have a few advantages over the original AndroidAuto unit:
- No tap limits
- Can search on map anytime not only when parked
- Can run it over Wifi as well if you wish to do so
- Can run it in 720p as well

Just saying...

I tried your HUR on my Nexus 7 tablet and it didn't work for me, it just basically broke Android auto on my phone. Now when I launch the Android auto app it just says "Google Play services are not available"

Worked before I tried your app, I just got communication error 7 when I tried it from memory
22nd August 2017, 03:16 PM |#93  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tyrider

I tried your HUR on my Nexus 7 tablet and it didn't work for me, it just basically broke Android auto on my phone. Now when I launch the Android auto app it just says "Google Play services are not available"

Worked before I tried your app, I just got communication error 7 when I tried it from memory

Try to:
1) Forget all cars in Android Auto (Open Android Auto, Go to Settings -> Connected cars -> Forget all cars)
2) Clear data for Android Auto and Google Play Services
22nd August 2017, 04:28 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks mate ! As Android auto would not launch due to the crash, I was able to get it working again by clearing the data from Google Play services
22nd August 2017, 04:36 PM |#95  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tyrider

Thanks mate ! As Android auto would not launch due to the crash, I was able to get it working again by clearing the data from Google Play services

I will be interested to figure out why have it crashed in the first place HUR shouldn't crash it. Contact me in private if you want to experiment with HUR please and I will try to guide/support as best as I can.
22nd August 2017, 07:09 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi Emil.
Good work with the app, have been using it for a few days now and so far so good. However that being said I did have a few issues yesterday.
When I hit 70mph the speed gauge just seems to start spinning until I slow back down. I tried it without the gauge and just the text but when I hit 70 it starts jumping around. Also with the speed I removed the warning levels and this made the app not work in HUR/AA. When trying to load the app it just goes back to the main page.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom792 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tom792 Ad-Free
22nd August 2017, 10:29 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 1,659

Donate to Me
More
I've got a 3-4 hour journey on Thursday so can test it out thoroughly then, so far it seems to work well enough though, would be good to have some things not update so often as it gets a little distracting seeing RPM change constantly (maybe have a option for it to be rounded to nearest 10 or 100 or something?
22nd August 2017, 11:34 PM |#98  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom792

Hi Emil.
Good work with the app, have been using it for a few days now and so far so good. However that being said I did have a few issues yesterday.
When I hit 70mph the speed gauge just seems to start spinning until I slow back down. I tried it without the gauge and just the text but when I hit 70 it starts jumping around. Also with the speed I removed the warning levels and this made the app not work in HUR/AA. When trying to load the app it just goes back to the main page.

The logic for disabling the warning is to set it to 100, but I see your point and I will add the change to make also disable it if you leave the box empty.
22nd August 2017, 11:35 PM |#99  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Possibly found and fixed the issue of jumping values, need to do some tests before I release the update.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2017, 09:48 PM |#100  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Version 1.2 release.

- After update it's STRONGLY recommended to clear the data for the app!!! You can do this from Settings -> Apps -> OBD2AA -> Storage

Changelog:
- Put PID list in ABC order
- Removed units (app will use units defined in Torque!)
- External PIDS should also show up in the list
- Fixes for jumping PID's values
- Better distribution of PIDs
- Better scalability when multiple pids are used
- Better rendering when using AA in HD mode
- Fixes for instant MPG and instant KPL
- Added debug option (please don't use unless I asked you to, it will flood your log with data!)

Possible outstanding issue:
- Was reported that on some occasions 2 gauges showed the same values, but till now I wasn't able to reproduce it, if anybody faces that problem please contact me.

RoadMap:
1) Figure out how to display Heads Up notification in Android Auto which are not (messaging or media type), similar way like navigation does. That will help display warnings even if on other tab (Low fuel, ecu fault, or any other alarm you might set in Torque)
2) Add multiple profiles & Figure out how to build custom menu
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2017, 11:33 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Excited for updates, but I may have changed too much at once.
Installed the Oreo beta on my Nexus 6P this afternoon and then saw this update and installed it as well. I cleared data for OBD2AA. I had a ton of app crashes as I tried to configure the app for my PIDs. Torque app is acting flakey too (slow to respond, slow to connect to my adapter, etc). I eventually did get a connection to go through and had gauges displayed on my drive home, but only the first two were working (aux Batt voltage and MPG instant). The remaining gauges all showed the same value as my MPG gauge but had no labels.

I think the MPG gauge was the last one I had configured before a series of crashes in the OBD2AA app. Haven't had a chance to try connecting again, but I did get the remaining gauges configured in the app now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)