FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,630 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,087

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2018, 04:03 PM |#1001  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgaspa

I thought that too.. but I don't understand the logic AA used to clip the string. It seems to be clipping at the 11th char regardless of the string length *and* regardless of the first line of text length. I tried to understand the limit by comparing the English strings and the fact that with them the street name in speed cameras notifications is longer without clipping.. but as of now I have no clue.

I'll try to shorten the speed camera notification strings in the next update to Italian translation, hoping this way the street name won't be cut at the 11th char

Yeah I wasn't able to understand the logic of clipping either.... I've sent you today the new strings by the way and a big thank you for your help.

2nd January 2018, 06:22 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Don't mention it, I'm glad to help
I sent the updated string file via mail, the italian translation should be on par now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilgaspa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilgaspa Ad-Free
3rd January 2018, 04:51 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi, Emil. So I downloaded the latest beta and found that all my gauges now just jump around all over the place.
No problem I thought I'd just go back to my previous beta that worked great before you went on holiday. However the only one I can download is the stable version which doesn't have the camera stuff that was in my stable beta. Appreciate if I could get back the old beta.
thanks.
3rd January 2018, 06:28 AM |#1004  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahpigsy

Hi, Emil. So I downloaded the latest beta and found that all my gauges now just jump around all over the place.
No problem I thought I'd just go back to my previous beta that worked great before you went on holiday. However the only one I can download is the stable version which doesn't have the camera stuff that was in my stable beta. Appreciate if I could get back the old beta.
thanks.

Send me an email and I can email you the APK, that being said nothing had been changed which would explain that behaviour, except the introduction of "demo" option in the preferences, please make sure you haven't accidentally enabled it.
3rd January 2018, 06:29 AM |#1005  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njozsef1

Hello.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ugffjmNDiYITmIxz1
Working good obd2aa on Suzuki swift 2017. But not working 6 gauges display. Only up to 5.
Thx.

Hi. Just tested with 6 and it works ok, can you please send me a bug report so I can investigate? Thank you.
3rd January 2018, 06:49 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Send me an email and I can email you the APK, that being said nothing had been changed which would explain that behaviour, except the introduction of "demo" option in the preferences, please make sure you haven't accidentally enabled it.

Just re-downloaded and looks to be working ok now. Maybe I did have the demo option active. Not sure. Thanks.

PS.
Looking forward to the day that you include the option of 'tell tale' (max/min) data values on the guages, like they have in Torque.
3rd January 2018, 09:43 AM |#1007  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi Emil. I just bought the app ( Transaction ID: 2BX42233D9424343W )but fails to download. Will you be able to check why?
3rd January 2018, 10:30 AM |#1008  
Flag Ioannina
Thanks Meter: 512

More
It still crash in car with last version. Although it run without crash in phone.. Only me?

Edit, formatted all app data still crash, uninstall, reinstall, the same. Went back to old version 1.6 if i remember version number, working..
Some bug should be in last versions..
Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
3rd January 2018, 11:25 AM |#1009  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptorx

Hi Emil. I just bought the app ( Transaction ID: 2BX42233D9424343W )but fails to download. Will you be able to check why?

Hi.

I cannot find the transaction, what's your email address please?
3rd January 2018, 11:25 AM |#1010  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

This app will have limited functionality if you are using Android Auto on a your phone, the only functions you will be able to use is to see are notification about the speed cameras and street card!
Gauges and torque data will NOT work!

I don't understand, there are screenshots of this app running in Android Auto displaying gauges at the bottom of your post?
3rd January 2018, 11:26 AM |#1011  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosimple

It still crash in car with last version. Although it run without crash in phone.. Only me?

Edit, formatted all app data still crash, uninstall, reinstall, the same. Went back to old version 1.6 if i remember version number, working..
Some bug should be in last versions..
Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Not good... can I have a bug report please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)