FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,630 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,087

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2017, 11:33 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Excited for updates, but I may have changed too much at once.
Installed the Oreo beta on my Nexus 6P this afternoon and then saw this update and installed it as well. I cleared data for OBD2AA. I had a ton of app crashes as I tried to configure the app for my PIDs. Torque app is acting flakey too (slow to respond, slow to connect to my adapter, etc). I eventually did get a connection to go through and had gauges displayed on my drive home, but only the first two were working (aux Batt voltage and MPG instant). The remaining gauges all showed the same value as my MPG gauge but had no labels.

I think the MPG gauge was the last one I had configured before a series of crashes in the OBD2AA app. Haven't had a chance to try connecting again, but I did get the remaining gauges configured in the app now.

24th August 2017, 01:27 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Really looking forward to giving this a shot, installed the xda labs app and went to install OBD2 but before I put down the money I have a question (not that it's much but with so many compatibility issues I'd love a way to trial)

Can I setup custom dials to overlay ON TOP of other android auto apps? An example of this would be using google maps or waze to navigate but with an overlay of a boost guage showing up where ever I move it to on the map.

Using android auto for navigation, a bluetooth OBD2 scanner, plus playing audio via bluetooth at the same time should work?

Cheers
24th August 2017, 06:46 AM |#103  
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72

Installed the Oreo beta on my Nexus 6P this afternoon and then saw this update and installed it as well. I cleared data for OBD2AA. I had a ton of app crashes as I tried to configure the app for my PIDs. Torque app is acting flakey too (slow to respond, slow to connect to my adapter, etc). I eventually did get a connection to go through and had gauges displayed on my drive home, but only the first two were working (aux Batt voltage and MPG instant). The remaining gauges all showed the same value as my MPG gauge but had no labels.

I think the MPG gauge was the last one I had configured before a series of crashes in the OBD2AA app. Haven't had a chance to try connecting again, but I did get the remaining gauges configured in the app now.

Do send an PM to the dev so he gets more data about the gauges showing the wrong data.
24th August 2017, 09:26 AM |#104  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 378

More
No overlay on Android Auto at this time
The Following User Says Thank You to FormelLMS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FormelLMS Ad-Free
24th August 2017, 09:28 AM |#105  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72

Hi.

That's not good sorry for your poor experience. If the app crashes that is probably on me, values not updated correctly that might be me or might be Torque. That being said Oreo Beta might still have small bug residues, so in order to get to the bottom of this I will need to see some logcats for both app crashes and gauge data. Please enable the debugging option inside the app before capturing the reports.

This is how you can get a logcat:

1. Enabling Developer Mode
1. Open Settings > About phone.
2. Scroll down to the Build number.
3. Tap the Build number 7 times in quick succession until "You're now a developer" appears.
4. Return to the Settings menu and select Developer options.
5. At the top of the screen, make sure 'Developer options' is set to On (green).
6. Scroll down to Debugging and enable both USB debugging and Bug Report Shortcut on (green).
7. Tab on Logger buffer sizes: Default setting is 256K. Select 16M to help capture more information for debugging. Of note, it can affect the apps performance especially with lower spec phone, so change it back after you have finished submitting bug reports.

2. Capturing a Bug Report
It's very important to do this right after you experience the issue again, so your device can log at least one occurrence of the issue.
1. Hold the Power button down until the menu appears.
2. Select Take bug report. and wait for the device to capture the bug report.
3. Tap the 'Bug report captured' notification when it appears.
4. Share the bug report. (I recommend to email it to yourself.)
5. Download the bug report to your computer.
6. Send the bug report by email to [email protected]
@Pyrres if you can please update to the latest version from XDA Labs and use above instructions to send me over some debug data it will be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2017, 09:31 AM |#106  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc13

Really looking forward to giving this a shot, installed the xda labs app and went to install OBD2 but before I put down the money I have a question (not that it's much but with so many compatibility issues I'd love a way to trial)

Can I setup custom dials to overlay ON TOP of other android auto apps? An example of this would be using google maps or waze to navigate but with an overlay of a boost guage showing up where ever I move it to on the map.

Using android auto for navigation, a bluetooth OBD2 scanner, plus playing audio via bluetooth at the same time should work?

Cheers

- I don't think overlays will ever be allowed on AA, so no.
- I do plan to release a trimmed down free version of the app as well, just haven't got the time to get around it, till than if you purchase and you are not happy feel free to contact me and I will refund you without hesitation.
- Android Auto uses the USB for the audio transport, unless you are using my HUR app which have the ability to disable the USB audio sink, on official Android Auto units all audio is played over USB.
24th August 2017, 10:20 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey Emil,

Not sure if this has been asked before, but do you think its possible for your app to add stuff onto the home screen of android auto? like a widget with a gauge there?
The Following User Says Thank You to m0tyrider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0tyrider Ad-Free
24th August 2017, 10:46 AM |#108  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Hi.

That's not good sorry for your poor experience. If the app crashes that is probably on me, values not updated correctly that might be me or might be Torque. That being said Oreo Beta might still have small bug residues, so in order to get to the bottom of this I will need to see some logcats for both app crashes and gauge data. Please enable the debugging option inside the app before capturing the reports.

3. Tap the Build number 7 times in quick succession until "You're now a developer" appears.
5. At the top of the screen, make sure 'Developer options' is set to On (green).
6. Scroll down to Debugging and enable both USB debugging and Bug Report Shortcut on (green).
7. Tab on Logger buffer sizes: Default setting is 256K. Select 16M to help capture more information for debugging. Of note, it can affect the apps performance especially with lower spec phone, so change it back after you have finished submitting bug reports.

It's very important to do this right after you experience the issue again, so your device can log at least one occurrence of the issue.
@Pyrres if you can please update to the latest version from XDA Labs and use above instructions to send me over some debug data it will be appreciated.

Will do when I get my car back. . App is already updated so Ill report back how the newest version works and will send you the logs if it still bugs out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pyrres For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pyrres Ad-Free
24th August 2017, 10:47 AM |#109  
I installed the version 1.2 at this morning. It's worked on my Sony with 7.1.1 . I meaning for a few seconds the app was freezing, but after a short time it's running again.
For the programming the pid, I would wish me a search function. I would like to search after the the words temperature or intake..
24th August 2017, 12:54 PM |#110  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon818

I installed the version 1.2 at this morning. It's worked on my Sony with 7.1.1 . I meaning for a few seconds the app was freezing, but after a short time it's running again.
For the programming the pid, I would wish me a search function. I would like to search after the the words temperature or intake..

I will add it to the list, you're the second person requesting this and I know that list is bloody long, so will do.
24th August 2017, 01:31 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Hi.

Bug report sent, along with some supporting explanations...

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)