FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,632 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,115

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th January 2018, 05:16 PM |#1101  
Flag Nice
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbike

French translation is done (in your mail). Take a look

Do you think that when the bug will be fixed and the b7 online, it will be possible after installing the new app, to preserve configuration... or there is another solution (my S7 is not rooted...)

God saves the conf!
14th January 2018, 05:19 PM |#1102  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Do you think that when the bug will be fixed and the b7 online, it will be possible after installing the new app, to preserve configuration... or there is another solution (my S7 is not rooted...)

God saves the conf!

I think the problem is related to the fact that recently I have changed the minimum/max value types from integer to float, but I haven't considered any potential impact on import/export functionality.

I'm going to check it.

Oh and usually I do try to make the changes in a way that it doesn't brake previous setup
14th January 2018, 05:36 PM |#1103  
Flag Nice

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

I think the problem is related to the fact that recently I have changed the minimum/max value types from integer to float, but I haven't considered any potential impact on import/export functionality.

I'm going to check it.

Oh and usually I do try to make the changes in a way that it doesn't brake previous setup

Oh I understand your "little bug => Floating point exception core dumped !". Translation has been done quickly, it's rainy in Nice today !.... so...
14th January 2018, 05:59 PM |#1104  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh I understand your "little bug => Floating point exception core dumped !". Translation has been done quickly, it's rainy in Nice today !.... so...

Today???? Try England it's forever. I will try to update the APK with the translation tonight, just helping a friend moving house and now I need to become an electrician and fix the lighting.... Let's hope I won't fix my hair instead
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2018, 06:11 PM |#1105  
Flag Nice

More
Quote:

Today???? Try England it's forever. I will try to update the APK with the translation tonight, just helping a friend moving house and now I need to become an electrician and fix the lighting.... Let's hope I won't fix my hair instead

Don't forget to unplug the fuse !!!! I remember that fuses are directly on sockets in england.

one "phase" is missing.... Neutral is rare beware of neutral !
The Following User Says Thank You to fbike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fbike Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 07:32 PM |#1106  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Don't forget to unplug the fuse !!!! I remember that fuses are directly on sockets in england.

one "phase" is missing.... Neutral is rare beware of neutral !

Unplug the fuse??? Are you kidding if you are to unplug all the fuse you can find in a typical British home one day won't be enough you have a fuse in every appliances cable, you have a fuse in every socket, you have a some more fuse in the fuse box, than you have the main fuse..... And if you are lucky some more hidden ))
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2018, 08:02 PM |#1107  
Flag Nice

More
Quote:

Unplug the fuse??? Are you kidding if you are to unplug all the fuse you can find in a typical British home one day won't be enough you have a fuse in every appliances cable, you have a fuse in every socket, you have a some more fuse in the fuse box, than you have the main fuse..... And if you are lucky some more hidden ))

Why make it simple when you can make it complicated
14th January 2018, 08:40 PM |#1108  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Why make it simple when you can make it complicated

I ask that question many times why use simple metrics when you can use complicated imperial, why drive on the right when you can on the left, why use the same plug as the continent when you can have a different one, why have one tap with cold&hot water when you can have 2 of them one with freezing cold and one with boiling hot, and the list can probably go on
14th January 2018, 08:57 PM |#1109  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Updated beta version, changelog:
- Fix for min/max values being ignored by the import/export
- Added French translation thanks to @fbike for the very quick turn-around and for providing it!

Some notes, the JSON file CAN include line breaks as well in case you want to edit it manually also order of the elements can be altered in the JSON in case you want to make it more humanly readable, the format of the JSON is a 2d array. Each setting is exported as an array with the following 3 fields:
- Field name
- Field value
- Type of field (S=String, I=Integer, B=Boolean, F=Float)
Therefore this is how each setting will look in the JSON:
Code:
["showscale_1","false","B"]
Each gauge has the following settings (where X is the gauge number):
  • gauge_orig_name_X (S)
  • use_custom_bg_X (B)
  • showscale_X (B)
  • gaugeunit_X (S)
  • gaugepid_X (S)
  • maxval_X (F)
  • minval_X (F)
  • arch_startpos_X (I)
  • showunit_X (B)
  • showdecimal_X (B)
  • warn2level_X (S)
  • warn1level_X (S)
  • arch_length_X (I)
  • arch_indent_X (I)
  • use_custom_needle_X (B)
  • gaugestyle_X (I)
  • custom_bg_path_X (S)
  • isreversed_X (B)
  • locked_X (B)
  • showtext_X (B)
  • usegradienttext_X (B)
  • custom_needle_path_X (B)
  • gaugename_X (S)
  • showneedle_X (B)

Beside this there are all other general settings (TPMS, Speed camera, etc) but they follow the same rule/structure

Hope this helps in case you want/need to manually edit the JSON files.
14th January 2018, 09:32 PM |#1110  
Flag Nice

More
Quote:

Updated beta version, changelog:
- Fix for min/max values being ignored by the import/export
- Added French translation thanks to @fbike for the very quick turn-around and for providing it!

Some notes, the JSON file CAN include line breaks as well in case you want to edit it manually also order of the elements can be altered in the JSON in case you want to make it more humanly readable, the format of the JSON is a 2d array. Each setting is exported as an array with the following 3 fields:
- Field name
- Field value
- Type of field (S=String, I=Integer, B=Boolean, F=Float)
Therefore this is how each setting will look in the JSON:

Each gauge has the following settings (where X is the gauge number):
gauge_orig_name_X (S)
use_custom_bg_X (B)
showscale_X (B)
gaugeunit_X (S)
gaugepid_X (S)
maxval_X (F)
minval_X (F)
arch_startpos_X (I)
showunit_X (B)
showdecimal_X (B)
warn2level_X (S)
warn1level_X (S)
arch_length_X (I)
arch_indent_X (I)
use_custom_needle_X (B)
gaugestyle_X (I)
custom_bg_path_X (S)
isreversed_X (B)
locked_X (B)
showtext_X (B)
usegradienttext_X (B)
custom_needle_path_X (B)
gaugename_X (S)
showneedle_X (B)

Beside this there are all other general settings (TPMS, Speed camera, etc) but they follow the same rule/structure

Hope this helps in case you want/need to manually edit the JSON files.

Just installée. Some lines are too long. I Will translate only these lines with odb2aa open. I think that tomorrow i send new translations for update. Préférences item is concerned.
I Will see the json tomorrow before work

Thanks for the work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fbike Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 09:39 PM |#1111  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Thanks again Emil. Checked the new beta and will test tomorrow.
I've just seen a typo in the German strings.

Own Needle means "Eigene Nadel" not "Eigener nadel"
The Following User Says Thank You to FormelLMS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FormelLMS Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)