FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,638 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,129

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th August 2017, 01:31 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Hi.

That's not good sorry for your poor experience. If the app crashes that is probably on me, values not updated correctly that might be me or might be Torque. That being said Oreo Beta might still have small bug residues, so in order to get to the bottom of this I will need to see some logcats for both app crashes and gauge data. Please enable the debugging option inside the app before capturing the reports.

This is how you can get a logcat:

1. Enabling Developer Mode
1. Open Settings > About phone.
2. Scroll down to the Build number.
3. Tap the Build number 7 times in quick succession until "You're now a developer" appears.
4. Return to the Settings menu and select Developer options.
5. At the top of the screen, make sure 'Developer options' is set to On (green).
6. Scroll down to Debugging and enable both USB debugging and Bug Report Shortcut on (green).
7. Tab on Logger buffer sizes: Default setting is 256K. Select 16M to help capture more information for debugging. Of note, it can affect the apps performance especially with lower spec phone, so change it back after you have finished submitting bug reports.

2. Capturing a Bug Report
It's very important to do this right after you experience the issue again, so your device can log at least one occurrence of the issue.
1. Hold the Power button down until the menu appears.
2. Select Take bug report. and wait for the device to capture the bug report.
3. Tap the 'Bug report captured' notification when it appears.
4. Share the bug report. (I recommend to email it to yourself.)
5. Download the bug report to your computer.
6. Send the bug report by email to [email protected]
@Pyrres if you can please update to the latest version from XDA Labs and use above instructions to send me over some debug data it will be appreciated.

Bug report sent, along with some supporting explanations...

Thanks!
24th August 2017, 02:36 PM |#112  
Quote:

I will add it to the list, you're the second person requesting this and I know that list is bloody long, so will do.

Actually add me to the list. Alphabet order helped a lot but search would be great.

And about the overlay. What about using the same type of thing as music players? When you select certain selection it keeps "changing the song" constantly and showing mini version of that data at the upper part or the screen? Would that work even in theory? Considering Spotify and Waze can show custom data like album covers and song names up there.
24th August 2017, 03:19 PM |#113  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrres

Actually add me to the list. Alphabet order helped a lot but search would be great.

And about the overlay. What about using the same type of thing as music players? When you select certain selection it keeps "changing the song" constantly and showing mini version of that data at the upper part or the screen? Would that work even in theory? Considering Spotify and Waze can show custom data like album covers and song names up there.

- Do you mean heads-up notification or do you mean the cards on the home screen?

I'm trying to work out the headsup notifications but I don't think I can work out the cards. The problem there is absolutely NO documentation on this, it's a closed product not available to 3rd parties, no SDK, no nothing so what ever I do is done by spending a huge amount of time trying to reverse the APK existing out there and understanding how they work. The APK's are all obstructed so function names and variables are replaced with letters like a, aa, ab, b, etc making the code reading very very difficult. Some things I might be able to decode others not, it's a game of patience and virtue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2017, 03:28 PM |#114  
Quote:

- Do you mean heads-up notification or do you mean the cards on the home screen?

I'm trying to work out the headsup notifications but I don't think I can work out the cards. The problem there is absolutely NO documentation on this, it's a closed product not available to 3rd parties, no SDK, no nothing so what ever I do is done by spending a huge amount of time trying to reverse the APK existing out there and understanding how they work. The APK's are all obstructed so function names and variables are replaced with letters like a, aa, ab, b, etc making the code reading very very difficult. Some things I might be able to decode others not, it's a game of patience and virtue.

I mean the part of the overlay that comes over when you for example look at the map and song changes it shows you song info etc. And no surprise that the code is what it is. They don't want it poked around by other people.
24th August 2017, 03:46 PM |#115  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I mean the part of the overlay that comes over when you for example look at the map and song changes it shows you song info etc. And no surprise that the code is what it is. They don't want it poked around by other people.

That's the heads up notification, that's what I'm trying to decode now, but that should be used for short notifications not to constantly display info.
So yeah my idea is if I can decode that, we can set alarms to display there, for example (Low fuel level, boiling coolant, etc).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2017, 05:00 PM |#116  
Quote:

That's the heads up notification, that's what I'm trying to decode now, but that should be used for short notifications not to constantly display info.
So yeah my idea is if I can decode that, we can set alarms to display there, for example (Low fuel level, boiling coolant, etc).

Could it be possible to have a notification when for example oil is warm enough and then another if it's too hot. I for one never drive my car hard until oil is over 70celsius. But now I might not notice when it's warm enough to push the car a bit harder so it would be really nice to have notification that says OK I'm ready to go.
24th August 2017, 05:07 PM |#117  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Could it be possible to have a notification when for example oil is warm enough and then another if it's too hot. I for one never drive my car hard until oil is over 70celsius. But now I might not notice when it's warm enough to push the car a bit harder so it would be really nice to have notification that says OK I'm ready to go.

If I manage to figure out on how to implement the heads up then yes, although with a different logic, you can set an alarm in Torque, so you can set the alarm to show when the oil temp reaches X degrees, than torque app will trigger the alarm which will display a notification.

But all this hinges on the fact that I am able to decode the heads up notifications.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2017, 10:03 AM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have installed latest version and cleaned data from AA and Google play services, it works very good.

I think that more features should be implemented:

1) PID search textfield
2) Preview of gauges with realtime info
3) More gauges type and styles, example: a gauges that include more than one data (arch RPM style with speed in bottom), graphs, histogram, bars etc..)
4) Multiple pages
The Following User Says Thank You to mobot95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mobot95 Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 11:32 AM |#119  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

If I manage to figure out on how to implement the heads up then yes, although with a different logic, you can set an alarm in Torque, so you can set the alarm to show when the oil temp reaches X degrees, than torque app will trigger the alarm which will display a notification.

But all this hinges on the fact that I am able to decode the heads up notifications.

Emil, Cannot configure PID for Coolent or air temp to display in Fahrenheit, always shows in celsius. Tried resetting the torque app units to reset celsius but no luck. All temp setting in your app appear to always be in celsius. Using V1.2, on 2017 VW jetta gli head unit, with latest version of torque app. Is it something I'm doing wrong.. Thanks for any insight on my issue. Other than this great app..
25th August 2017, 11:36 AM |#120  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawatch

Emil, Cannot configure PID for Coolent or air temp to display in Fahrenheit, always shows in celsius. Tried resetting the torque app units to reset celsius but no luck. All temp setting in your app appear to always be in celsius. Using V1.2, on 2017 VW jetta gli head unit, with latest version of torque app. Is it something I'm doing wrong.. Thanks for any insight on my issue. Other than this great app..

Hi.

No all it should be is the units settings from Torque, so if torque is set to F it should display F. I will check them tonight once I'm home to see if I can reproduce. Any chance you send me a printscreen of you Torque Units settings?
25th August 2017, 12:40 PM |#121  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Hi.

No all it should be is the units settings from Torque, so if torque is set to F it should display F. I will check them tonight once I'm home to see if I can reproduce. Any chance you send me a printscreen of you Torque Units settings?

Thanks, the only setting that I have in the torque app under units for Temps is a Check box that says use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. This is unchecked! There is no check box to use Fahrenheit

this is the only conversion that is not working for me.. All others following native Torque unit settings, mph.. pound,... display correctly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)