FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,638 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,129

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2017, 03:35 PM |#201  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlNode

@Emil Borconi No problem. I definitely interested in what they say about that float array duplicating a return value in two indexes for different PIDs.

However this approach screws up the mpg for example. Mpg is reported between 0 and 100 but it can return value of 512 as well when in gear and not accelerating. If I adjust the max to 512 than normal mpg values will be very low on the gauge.... So it's a bit of a minefield
6th September 2017, 04:04 PM |#202  
Flag Eastern NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

However this approach screws up the mpg for example. Mpg is reported between 0 and 100 but it can return value of 512 as well when in gear and not accelerating. If I adjust the max to 512 than normal mpg values will be very low on the gauge.... So it's a bit of a minefield

Agreed. Actually in Torque when I use the MPG gauges I alway set the max to about 50 to prevent just that.
I'm going to test some more. I've added the fuel pressure to my Torque screen with a manually set max to 2000 for that gauge. Then in OBD2AA I changed to some other PID and then back to Fuel Rail. Hoping that maybe by having a gauge in Torque the manual max value will be pulled from it. Before picture above I had not set a Fuel Rail gauge up in Torque, only after seeing max at 9 did I add it. Maybe with the refresh in OBD2AA it gets better values now. Will let you know once I get back to the car to test results.
7th September 2017, 02:29 AM |#203  
Flag Eastern NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Nope, even after adding a fuel rail pressure gauge in torque and refreshing gauge in obd2aa showing 9psi.
7th September 2017, 03:52 AM |#204  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 853

More
Just to be clear, this is only for Android Auto headunits to have a Torque plugin? It won't work on a phone being used as a car's AA device to give an additional tab within AA which shows Torque data?

Thanks
7th September 2017, 04:37 AM |#205  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealtbh

Just to be clear, this is only for Android Auto headunits to have a Torque plugin? It won't work on a phone being used as a car's AA device to give an additional tab within AA which shows Torque data?

Thanks

You are correct, I think a previous post showed someone who tried showing the extra tab in the AA interface with their phone as the AA disolay, and it didn't work. A head unit is needed in the vehicle that supports Android Auto for this to work, PLUS torque pro app is needed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiff72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiff72 Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 04:45 AM |#206  
Thanks Meter: 765

More
Quote:

Thanks

Running Emil's other app on a phone will allow the use of this app.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...8/post73680628
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-09-06-23-50-49.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	4265095  
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adfurgerson Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 05:14 AM |#207  
Flag Belfast

More
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...spice.automate

I might just try this. It's not AA, but it has most of the same features with Torque already integrated
7th September 2017, 09:30 AM |#208  
Thanks Meter: 1,661

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...spice.automate

I might just try this. It's not AA, but it has most of the same features with Torque already integrated

these are 2 completely different applications, one is real android auto one is a fake version of android auto, not a problem but just saying.
7th September 2017, 10:01 AM |#209  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Automate is very nice and feature rich (and it does provide Torque support similar way I'm bringing it to Android Auto). I had 2 problems with Automate, which made me switch to Android Auto about 2 years ago, and they are not addressed till today.
1) Google maps ins't really integrated, not the Automate developer's fault, since there is no official or real way to do that unless you are google.
2) Cannot control your phone calls from a tablet (or any secondary device)

If you are planning to use only your phone and want all in one solution, and you are ok with using Google maps as it's displayed in AA or use Maps in full screen normally, then Automate might be a better solution. I think AutoMate have done a great job in what Android Auto should have done in the phone version, I was quite disappointed with the phone version of AA. The projection mode of AA still rocks
7th September 2017, 10:56 AM |#210  
Flag Belfast

More
I'd much rather use Headunit plus this app along with AA, but Headunit alone is £7 so it'd work out quite expensive for me

My PayPal is on lockdown atm due to a dispute anyway so I've no choice
7th September 2017, 11:20 AM |#211  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'd much rather use Headunit plus this app along with AA, but Headunit alone is £7 so it'd work out quite expensive for me

My PayPal is on lockdown atm due to a dispute anyway so I've no choice

It's only $7 if you purchase from XDA Labs rather than PlayStore. Sorry about the prices, I do try to keep them fair to the amount of work which goes into the apps, as well as the support which is sometimes needed for each app. If you are really short of cash shoot me an email and I'll see what can be done. However I do suggest that you first download the trial version of the HUR app and test it for phone calls. SelfMode (when you run everything on one device) and some call screens can be nasty together, for example the Asus callscreen does screw app HUR big time when in selfmode so it might not be a viable option in the first place.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)