FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,630 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,087

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2019, 01:14 PM |#2931  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Yes. I know what you mean. I've configured my car bt in that option so OBD2AA knows when it must be loaded. It works, and in Android 9 when car bt disconnected from my phone, OBD2AA closed with no problem.

But when I upgraded to Android 10, OBD2AA wasn't closing Ok. BUT... it seems to have fixed itself with no other intervention from my part. ¿? May be something got cleaned after Android 10 installation. I can't say.

Thanks anyway for your help.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeQuEsan

Just discovered this app after some weeks thinking that the only way to make Torque show something in my AA enabled HU was rooting my phone. So many thanks for this app. I just used method 1 with not even a problem. I'm happy.

Just one thing: I would like AA to show this app by default when connecting my phone to the HU. I see there's an option inside settings that seems doing what I want (default screen at launch). I've configured that to Obd2aa, but AA is still booting Maps by default.

Is that option working at all? Could it be that I'm running new AA layout?

Thanks a lot.

On the other hand, this is still something I haven't been able to make it work. Is there any way to make ODB2AA start as default screen in AA in the radio?

5th September 2019, 07:13 PM |#2932  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeQuEsan

Another little bug. I don't know how many people using this app has upgraded to Android 10. I've got a Pixel 3, and yesterday evening I got Android 10.

From that moment, when you jump out of the car and car bt disconnects, Obd2aa doesn't shutdown itself... Then, when you click the notification icon, Obd2aa shuts down.

Can anyone in Android 10 (beta for example) confirm if this is happeing also for him, or it's my fault?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Could it be that this setting only works if obd2aa installed using method 2? I've installed it using method 1, which I assume is recomended one, and I would like to mess it now...

Ok. I've narrowed down a little bit more what's happening. ODB2AA starts with car BT, and that's Ok. BUT, if you don't plug the phone to the radio afterwars (because you don't need Android Auto for that trip, for example), when you jump out of the car, ODB2AA doesn't seem to realize, and it keeps running. If you plug the phone to the radio, then yes, the moment you unplug it, OBD2AA closes Ok.

I don't know if that's a fault only in Android 10 because I've discovered ODB2AA the same afternoon I upgraded to Android 10... .

Can anyone confirm this behaviour in other phones/Android versions?

Thanks a lot.
10th September 2019, 10:06 PM |#2933  
Flag Hitchin
Thanks Meter: 28

More
@ Emil. AA wants to update today should I, really don't want to kill your app. Thanks.
11th September 2019, 01:27 AM |#2934  
Thanks Meter: 334

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb.traveller

@ Emil. AA wants to update today should I, really don't want to kill your app. Thanks.

Go for it. It works just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to bggold For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bggold Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 08:04 AM |#2935  
Flag Hitchin

More
bdgold How are you running OBD2AA. Rooted, Head unit? I have an AA compatible car and had real problems getting it working and don't want Google from screwing it up. Whats new in AA and is it worth the upgrade?
11th September 2019, 12:21 PM |#2936  
Flag Eastern NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb.traveller

bdgold How are you running OBD2AA. Rooted, Head unit? I have an AA compatible car and had real problems getting it working and don't want Google from screwing it up. Whats new in AA and is it worth the upgrade?

I can't answer for bdgold, but I can state how I'm using OBD2AA on Android 10.

I'm running OBD2 for AA ver. 3.6 on my Android 10 Pixel XL with Android Auto 4.6.593334-release in the new layout connected to my 2016 Focus running Sync3 ver 3. I love the new layout and it works fine for me using OBD2AA as the default app when connected to the headunit in my car (not rooted so I have to manual start the headunit server in AA), first time using the dpi feature and liking this as I can get the screen to feel more like the HD headunit in my old Civic.

I've not used the app in close to 2 years I think, my old S4 was failing and didn't really want to make my Pixel XL the "car phone" but got a new Pixel 3 XL now so Pixel is becoming the car phone. I really like the updated layout for AA while using OBD2AA due to the music player controls at the bottom of the screen even while OBD2AA is active, as long as you are not using navigation at the time. If you use navigation your next turn directions will show there instead of the music controls.

Some notes about using OBD2AA when using the Updated AA interface (changes for directions in first post): The button to access OBD2AA is no longer on the right bottom, it's now the left bottom and you have to locate it in the full list of supported apps now.

OBD2AA in new AA layout. Note(not using change dpi in this picture as I was testing)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ControlNode For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ControlNode Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 12:39 PM |#2937  
Flag Hitchin

More
Do I or not that is the question upgrade? I may wait awhile.
11th September 2019, 12:46 PM |#2938  

More
Hi,

When in Android 9 and also 10, if you go to notification settings for OBD2AA, you can see the ones for Headunit, and then another 3 categories with a generic name. What are each of they for? Can you tell me how do you have all of them configured?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)