FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,632 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,116

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd October 2019, 11:04 AM |#2951  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin10

First, all working great an fine. But i have a small sound problem with OBD2AA 3.6 and Android 10 on my Pixel 2 XL (non rooted). I got always two notifaction sounds at the same time, when i am near a "speed limiter/cam". So i get the normal notification sound from my phone AND the "speed limiter/cam" sound.
Anyone has a idea to fix it? I want only the "speed limiter/cam" sound alone, and not my notifaction sound from my phone.

Yo must "tweak" your Android 10 notifications for ODB2AA, and just set "no sound" for that specific notifications. I start having this behaviour some days ago, and had to do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeQuEsan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeQuEsan Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 05:12 AM |#2952  
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 1,101

Donate to Me
More
I am trying to install this on a mate 20 pro but from xda labs it tries to install and then says app not installed

Xda labs has permission to install apps but can't get it to happen
4th October 2019, 07:06 PM |#2953  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeQuEsan

Yo must "tweak" your Android 10 notifications for ODB2AA, and just set "no sound" for that specific notifications. I start having this behaviour some days ago, and had to do that.

thanks man! now it works great
The Following User Says Thank You to Sin10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sin10 Ad-Free
9th October 2019, 10:42 PM |#2954  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Has anyone noticed that if you go to do the TPMS data the app goes back to original screen?
I can't enter the PID'S for TPMS but they're there in torque pro.
Yesterday, 05:39 PM |#2955  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi there,

i bought the app and tried it but i didn't succeed.

Environment:
- Headunit Kenwood DMX8019DABS - AA Wireless capable
- Phone "Xiaomi Mi Max 3" BUT with AOSP / Pixel Experience ROM - NO MIUI!

After proceeding all the steps in the first post i connect the phone and i tried both regarding which app to use. OBD2AA and after it didn't work Android Auto.
I got the popup message regarding engine/water temperature but there is no screen with the gauges.
On the old AA design the last button only leads to a blank screen with "Return to Kenwood" Message.
But i think the connection is established via AA Wireless here. Because the select AA device screen on my radio just shows the wireless connection to choose from and the message "can't connect to usb device" after i connect the phone to the usb port.

1) Does it work with the new AA design?
2) Does it work with Xiaomi phones which don't use MIUI (AOSP, Pixel Experience in my case)?
3) Does it work when the Headunit is a AA wireless capable unit (using the cable to connect for OBD2AA)

What can i try to make it work?
Yesterday, 09:35 PM |#2956  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 204

More
My Sync3 seems to hang when connecting now. AA is 4.7.593824 release. I tried both 3.6 and 3.5 with the Same issue. I get:

SYNC is trying to initialize Android Auto. Please check device.

It doesn't seem to want to ever connect. When I select direct to AA it works but no 90dpi or gauges just normal AA. Running it on an LG V40 with Pie, no root.

Suggestions?
Today, 07:57 AM |#2957  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How does the demo mode work? I ckecked the box "demo mode" but nothing happens (tested on versions 3.5 and 3.6).
I need to test my custom gauges without connecting to the obd adapter (test with hdu on pc).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)