FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,629 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,082

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th August 2017, 09:31 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Check your email The version you are mentioning is the Beta, the release version has all those sorted

Sorry I'm moving too fast

The Following User Says Thank You to MAJED.y For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MAJED.y Ad-Free

19th August 2017, 10:03 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Working with the Prius PIDs!
Just wanted to share that this is an amazing app! I got it installed and it "just works" with the [PRIUS] PIDs that are available in the Torque app, and I think they are all present. The Prius-specific PIDs don't appear unless I am connected to the OBD adapter. I am still working on tuning the gauge settings to my liking, but here is a shot of my current setup. I would like to show the arch for the MG1 and MG2 RPM values, but they can be positive or negative, so I haven't figured out if those work yet.

I initially had trouble getting torque to see my OBD adapter, but eventually got it working.

Finally, how are updates handled through the XDA labs app? Are there notifications when new release happens?

Thanks for your work on this! Amazing addition to AA!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170819_164418.jpg
Views:	1422
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	4246557  
20th August 2017, 12:07 AM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72

Just wanted to share that this is an amazing app! I got it installed and it "just works" with the [PRIUS] PIDs that are available in the Torque app, and I think they are all present. The Prius-specific PIDs don't appear unless I am connected to the OBD adapter. I am still working on tuning the gauge settings to my liking, but here is a shot of my current setup. I would like to show the arch for the MG1 and MG2 RPM values, but they can be positive or negative, so I haven't figured out if those work yet.

I initially had trouble getting torque to see my OBD adapter, but eventually got it working.

Finally, how are updates handled through the XDA labs app? Are there notifications when new release happens?

Thanks for your work on this! Amazing addition to AA!

Hi.

I never considered displaying negative values so will need to implement that in the next version.

As of keeping the app updated yes XDA labs should notify you of new version but usually I do post on the thread when a new version is released.
20th August 2017, 12:30 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey Emil, just to follow up on Google Play, was it an outright no, or that it was in the wrong category/something else and you may look at it after you've got it to stable?
20th August 2017, 12:39 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

Hi.

I never considered displaying negative values so will need to implement that in the next version.

As of keeping the app updated yes XDA labs should notify you of new version but usually I do post on the thread when a new version is released.

Honestly, the arches for negative values isn't that important to me. I will likely just leave those as just number displays. I haven't gone for a test ride with the gauges displayed yet to really exercise those positive and negative values yet. In the torque app realtime display i set them up with max/min values of 10000 and -10000 RPM.
20th August 2017, 07:06 AM |#26  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestride

Hey Emil, just to follow up on Google Play, was it an outright no, or that it was in the wrong category/something else and you may look at it after you've got it to stable?

It's an outright ban.
They say the only allowed category is s messaging app or media app.
20th August 2017, 07:08 AM |#27  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72

Honestly, the arches for negative values isn't that important to me. I will likely just leave those as just number displays. I haven't gone for a test ride with the gauges displayed yet to really exercise those positive and negative values yet. In the torque app realtime display i set them up with max/min values of 10000 and -10000 RPM.

The plugin should use the money/max values from torque.
20th August 2017, 07:14 AM |#28  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Hi Emil. Bought this app now. For now I'm on vacation, but after that I'll be really happy to try it out.
Nice to see someone working on AA.
Love your day/night solution on AA very much.
20th August 2017, 01:01 PM |#29  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:

It's an outright ban.
They say the only allowed category is s messaging app or media app.

Except if your a Google owned company like Waze...

(And to think Microsoft once got treated to an antitrust case because of private API's)
The Following User Says Thank You to leonkernan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leonkernan Ad-Free
20th August 2017, 01:24 PM |#30  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonkernan

Except if your a Google owned company like Waze...

(And to think Microsoft once got treated to an antitrust case because of private API's)

It's actually even worst because there is the seatdrive app does very similar things (actually even more than this plugin) and it is on plastore. It is currently limited to Spain only but it's officially launched. Of course it will work only with Seat as expected.

I opened an appeal case on why it was banned but I'm not putting to much hope in ever getting resolved in my favour.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2017, 10:34 PM |#31  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,445

Donate to Me
More
I enabled unknown sources but it's not appearing as a choice on the music app selection dialog.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)