FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

2,720 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,208

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 04:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2019, 05:38 PM |#3011  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compnerd2k7

I recently migrated to Samsung Note 10 and can't get OBD2AA working on it. The basic Android Auto is working if I uninstall OBD2AA. It simply prompts OBD2AA keeps stopping when I try to use it

All thanks to @Emil got the app working again on the Samsung Note 10 with Android Auto 4.8
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to compnerd2k7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift compnerd2k7 Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 10:13 PM |#3012  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compnerd2k7

All thanks to @Emil got the app working again on the Samsung Note 10 with Android Auto 4.8

Having the same issue with note 10+. What did you do to get it working
9th November 2019, 03:54 AM |#3013  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymcp

Having the same issue with note 10+. What did you do to get it working

Just installed the Android Auto 4.8 via apk which stopped the app crash on connection. Once connected the phone with Android Auto as default which registered the phone with the car and completed the application setup on phone. Post this, switched to OBD2AA as default and it started to work. Only issue I see for now is the parameters are lagging and not realtime as they used to be with my previous phone but it's good to see the app running again.
The Following User Says Thank You to compnerd2k7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift compnerd2k7 Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 10:30 AM |#3014  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely

Donate to Me
More
Pushed a small update to address compatibility issues with Torque Pro Beta, in case you update Torque app to the beta channel make sure you also update obd2aa to beta, otherwise you will experience FC's
11th November 2019, 09:30 AM |#3015  
Yesterday was the new version of torque released. It is version 1.10.
The new version from OBD2AA is needed for everyone.
11th November 2019, 11:00 AM |#3016  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shineangelic

I was able to get it working on PC, with head unit emulator but sadly the same version doesn't work in my car. Consider that public repository has an old version and I don't think it's worth investing more time there at this point, because many things changed in AA too, as Emil reported.

I tried so many times i think i'll just stop and hope for a working version. 3.5 nor 3.6 works for me, with none of the two connecting options. I point out there are at least 3 different instructions on how to get it working, i think the most recent one mentions that placeholder thing, but that's pretty unclear to me also because i can't find obd2aa on public play store (only beta) but only on xda labs and I can't guess how they relate.

An unified doc with some troubleshooting faq would be of great help I imagine, but My issue in the end is always the same and still there: I can see obd2aa notifications on android auto but no gauge screen. The phone has the 'running' notification of obd2aa and torque looks fine, but i have no 5th screen on head unit.

Hi shineangelic, have you made some progress with the thing?
I see a new version on torque is out, and also AA got updated.
Hope there will be soon an obd2aa new version 🤞

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Pushed a small update to address compatibility issues with Torque Pro Beta, in case you update Torque app to the beta channel make sure you also update obd2aa to beta, otherwise you will experience FC's

Hi Emil, i bought your app a few months ago but i've not managed to get it work
Have you tried to fix the issues with "MZD-AIO headunit?" @shineangelic shared some developments and test in this regard. could you please have a look at those?

Thank you in advance.
11th November 2019, 01:28 PM |#3017  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider1982

Hi shineangelic, have you made some progress with the thing?
I see a new version on torque is out, and also AA got updated.
Hope there will be soon an obd2aa new version 🤞

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Hi Emil, i bought your app a few months ago but i've not managed to get it work
Have you tried to fix the issues with "MZD-AIO headunit?" @shineangelic shared some developments and test in this regard. could you please have a look at those?

Thank you in advance.

Can you give me more details please, feel free to email me directly
12th November 2019, 06:41 AM |#3018  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Can you give me more details please, feel free to email me directly

Hi Emil,
I'm currently stuck in that OBD2AA closes as soon as I attempt to open it. It closes its self almost instantaneously now. Do you know what I might do wrong?
12th November 2019, 07:31 AM |#3019  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin10

thanks man! now it works great

Can you share what you changed on your phone to stop the audio alerts coming through AA. I have the OBD cam alerts pinging through ok but the phone's notification Zi can't seem to be able to stop.
12th November 2019, 11:10 AM |#3020  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NU13

Hi Emil,
I'm currently stuck in that OBD2AA closes as soon as I attempt to open it. It closes its self almost instantaneously now. Do you know what I might do wrong?

Update to Beta
Edit
- Actually I moved the beta to production, since Torque Pro was updated now and without the update obd2aa will crash.
12th November 2019, 12:50 PM |#3021  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Update to Beta
Edit
- Actually I moved the beta to production, since Torque Pro was updated now and without the update obd2aa will crash.

Oh that will explain it then. Can you post a link to download again please.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)