FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

3,037 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,453

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 04:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2020, 05:01 PM |#3141  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Is it stock ROM you have on the Pixel? I have a Pixel 2 XL so I will try on that as well.

Hey Emil, I'm on stock rom.
28th January 2020, 05:05 PM |#3142  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely

Donate to Me
More
Yes looking and Pixel does not override the colors.
It looks to be a bug in Android.
Based on this: https://developer.android.com/refere...tNightMode(int) it should work, documentation nowhere says it won't work. It only says that with API 29, the original state will be reverted when the app exists the car mode.

Sadly it's a void function so no return, but after setting the value (to day or night as it should be) and checking the value with getNightMode() the value is not changed.

Question if the bug is in AA or somewhere in Android Auto....
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2020, 05:11 PM |#3143  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Ok I might have found why:
Code:
E/UiModeManager: Night mode locked, requires MODIFY_DAY_NIGHT_MODE permission
But that is a system only permission and documentation does not mention it anywhere....
28th January 2020, 05:24 PM |#3144  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Looking at the source code of Android: https://android.googlesource.com/pla...erService.java there is a new function there:
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...rvice.java#507 and it is used to check when you want to toggle day/night: https://android.googlesource.com/pla...rvice.java#452 however in the documentation of UIModeManager there is no mention of anything like this.

I will need to check if I can use reflection somehow to overcome this, or any other way to hack around it.

F*!KING GOOGLE, why do they keep messing things up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2020, 05:59 PM |#3145  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Wow, Emil. Thats hard to understand, why google is doing such a mess. I really often have asked if it could be changed, so that we have a bright screen at the day and a dimmed screen at night. All I heard is, that this is intended and now they block the workarounds there. They are trolling the users.
Much of what they do, doesn’t make the biggest sense.
1st February 2020, 07:14 PM |#3146  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm having trouble getting this to run. I've tapped AA 10 times to go into developer mode, started the AA header, went to open plug in the phone, selected OBD2 and nothing. Phone is not rooted Samsung Galaxy S10E. Idk what I'm doing wrong, but I don't have a android auto app in my apps list, I'm on Android 10, AA is built into the OS now. I can still search and find the app, I have to go to permission to get to the settings screen, but that's the only AA screen I have. Any help or advice?
6th February 2020, 11:07 AM |#3147  

More
Hi.

I noticed that for me tapping the header 10 times did not work.
I had to go to settings then tap version at the bottom 10 times.

Ran the server. selected OBD2AA(always) and I got an error on the car saying it could not run android auto.

Any tips?
15th February 2020, 11:42 PM |#3148  

More
Hello guys...

I can't see obd2AA when android auto is running in wireless mode, but I can see it if the phone is plugged by USB cable.

Can you help me to fix this issue?

Many thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)