FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

Yes

18 Vote(s)
90.00%
No

2 Vote(s)
10.00%

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

3,079 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,589

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 17th August 2017, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2020, 11:23 AM |#3191  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OBD2AA not showing up in AA menu?
Hi,
after I finally got around to setting this up, I have the problem that the OBD2AA does not show up in the AA screen of the head unit ... if I select OBD2AA by default, it won't even connect successfully ... what am I missing here? HU-Server is active ... if I go into the settings of AA, the launcher doesn't list the OBD2AA app ...

AA Version 5.3.501634 from May 12th, Torque Pro Version 1.10.114 (which is working on its own just fine), Phone is a Oneplus 6 with 10.3.3 unlocked, not rooted (at the moment)

Tnx!
17th May 2020, 12:35 PM |#3192  
Flag Taranto
Thanks Meter: 140

More
good morning guys ...
I am Elio from Italy
I would buy this app OBD2 for AA but I would use only to see CamSam Plus warnings on the display of my Audi.
May I see these warnings also if I don't have torque pro installed but with only OBD2 for AA and (obviously) CamSam Plus?
I don't have even an OBD box on my car.
Thanks for the support
Elio
26th May 2020, 03:05 PM |#3193  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi guys, I'm having a hard time to make it work with a Samsung Note 9 and a Mitsubishi Lancer.

Have tried both methods, with stable and beta app (3.6b) versions. In both cases, Torque Pro works flawlessly. It connects to my odb2 adapter and reads sensors just fine. Problem seems to be OBD2AA not being able to start Android Auto. When I plug the USB cable and choose OBD2AA as default, I get a message in my infotainment system similar to the one displayed when you first plug your phone (something like "Check your phone screen to proceed with AA configuration"). A notification "Android Auto is connecting" is displayed in my phone, but it seems to be stuck there. AA never appears as available in the car system, nor any AA configuration screen is displayed in my phone.

Using the stable version, the OBD2AA does not even show up in app list on Android Auto (checked AA in my phone). With the beta version, I can at least see OBD2AA in the compatible apps displaying options. BTW, using the beta version it still shows the warning message "Head Unit Server is not started" for me. I thought this would not be necessary per OP instructions.

I'm running out of options and appreciate if anyone could chip-in with suggestions.

PS: Emil, congrats for your fine work.
27th May 2020, 01:48 PM |#3194  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely

Donate to Me
More
Hi guys.
Back in office and I'm starting a major rework of obd2aa, going to re-write it almost from scratch, what it's on the roadmap:

- Add possibility to have multiple screens
- Thinking of adding support for Torque Pro themes, but not sure how to go about it, because that will most probably conflict with current customisation possibility. While I know some will love to use Torque Pro themes, other users have set up their own graphics with obd2aa and will like to keep them. Having too many choices usually means users can get confused which is not something desirable.
- Will most probably add support for using obd2aa without Torque Pro (for some basic PIDs) but do not expect anything as complex with so many formulas as you can do now in Torque Pro
- I have contacted several other obd2 apps asking if they are willing to make a plugin interface so I can display data from other apps as well (sadly only on responded, but that did not went anywhere either)
- I will add possibility to read MIL on car screen as well.

If you have requests, suggestions please email them to me on [email protected] in the next week, so I can consider including them as well and give all of you a full overview on whats happening.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2020, 03:25 PM |#3195  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please add that this shows up in the Google Android Auto launcher, so that it can be selected from the same screen that lets you select maps or other apps
28th May 2020, 03:29 PM |#3196  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0okie

Please add that this shows up in the Google Android Auto launcher, so that it can be selected from the same screen that lets you select maps or other apps

It does (on the car screen)
28th May 2020, 09:04 PM |#3197  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Warning lights
Hiya,

Just got this running on my 2002 Lexus GS430 and it works great with my kenwood AA head unit, but I have an issue where when I use AA with obd2aa I get abs and vsc warning lights on the dash blinking and after a while it seems like VSC switches off completely.

I don't get that with torque pro or normal android auto...

Has anyone experienced it or got any suggestions?
28th May 2020, 09:34 PM |#3198  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Hello, What is MIL ?
Thank you
29th May 2020, 09:05 AM |#3199  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuppito

Hello, What is MIL ?
Thank you

malfunction indicator lamp (MIL):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_engine_light

I guess, Emil wants to add the ability to read the errors fromt the fault memory and display them, that would indeed be very nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingcraft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kingcraft Ad-Free
2nd June 2020, 10:08 PM |#3200  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Dear @Emil Borconi can you please make tpms work via the obd2 adapter so it works also with factory tpms?

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Dear @Emil Borconi can you please make tpms work via the obd2 adapter so it works also with factory tpms?
2nd June 2020, 10:14 PM |#3201  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixx1

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

My app doesn't read anything directly from the obd2 it uses Torque Pro for that, you need to find the right PID and set that up in Torque and then the app can display it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, obd2, torque pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)