[App][Samsung][Android 9.0+] OneUI Tuner

Search This thread

Zacharee1

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
THIS IS NOT A THEME APP. IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE COLORS OF THE UI! For theming solutions, use Swift Installer or other Synergy-compatible apps.

If you have issues or need a refund, don't leave a review. Labs gives me no way to respond to reviewers. Either go to the forum thread or join the TG group, linked below.

Samsung's One UI got a lot of things right, but it isn't perfect. For example, you can no longer do things like enable seconds in the status bar clock or change the QS header count using Android's hidden settings.

OneUI Tuner aims to fix these problems by using Samsung's comprehensive theme engine. It's not a theme, though. Instead, OneUI Tuner allows you to do things like setting the QS header icon count, set your own custom clock format, or even restore the old Recents menu from Android Oreo.

The best part? This app doesn't need root access. It doesn't even need anything to be done through ADB.
- On 9th generation devices, applying the options from a section will prompt you to install an app. Install it again or reboot for the changes to fully apply.
- On 8th generation devices, if you aren't using Synergy, apply your options in each section and then hit the "Send" button (the middle one) to install the Samsung theme.
- On 8th generation devices, if you are using Synergy, applying your options will import that section's theme into Synergy.

If you're prompted for root access, go ahead and grant it. On 9th generation devices, it will make the installation process easier. Functionality will not be limited if you don't grant root access.

This app is not complete! Options are limited, and the UI is subject to change.

If you have questions, visit the TG group: http://bit.ly/ZachareeTG

Current features:
- Custom status bar clock format (color will not change automatically; there is a shadow around the text to make it visible on light backgrounds)
- Custom QS shade date format
- Custom QS header counts for portrait and landscape
- Custom QS row/column counts for portrait and landscape
- Toggle QS tile backgrounds
- Move system icons to the left of the status bar
- Hide the status bar carrier label
- Toggle lock screen rotation
- Toggle the old Android Oreo-style Recents menu (doesn't work with Samsung's gestures)
- Set the navigation bar height
- Set the status bar height

See the Labs listing for screenshots.

Get it here: https://patreon.com/zacharywander
Source code: https://github.com/zacharee/OneUITunerRedesign

Last edited:

Daeden

Aug 24, 2009
I'm getting an error when trying to install:
Do I need to do something different?

Attachments

• Install_Error.jpg
    Install_Error.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3,958
Reactions: sixa

Brendha

Feb 26, 2016
I get app not installed errors when trying to apply settings. Note 8 9.0

Aqui também não funcionou, note 8 Android 9.0

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Aqui eu modifico o que quero, quando ele pede pra instalar essas modificações, dá erro

Note 8, Android 9.0

Zacharee1

Aqui também não funcionou, note 8 Android 9.0

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Aqui eu modifico o que quero, quando ele pede pra instalar essas modificações, dá erro

Note 8, Android 9.0
Por favor, fala inglês em XDA.

Mas, qual modelo do Note8 tem você? (Responda em inglês)

Reactions: moaz93

rnexusv

May 7, 2016
Apps looks promising if it worked :/ when I try to apply a custom clock it's unable to install it...

fuzz_33594

Jan 29, 2012
Tampa
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Used Misc section to modify recents to rolodex vertical scroll, installed the mod, and restarted. Gestures swipe for recents did not work, home and back gesture worked. Swaped button order to rule out screen issue, back and home worked, recents did not. Swaped to navigation buttons and recents button then worked and rolodex cards functionednormally.

Opened the app, deselected the mod, and restarted but recents function retained rolodex format and gestures swipe to recents still did not work. Cleared data, but that did not return the stock recents or gesture. Had to uninstall the mod to restore stock recents and swipe gesture.

Zacharee1

Used Misc section to modify recents to rolodex vertical scroll, installed the mod, and restarted. Gestures swipe for recents did not work, home and back gesture worked. Swaped button order to rule out screen issue, back and home worked, recents did not. Swaped to navigation buttons and recents button then worked and rolodex cards functionednormally.

Opened the app, deselected the mod, and restarted but recents function retained rolodex format and gestures swipe to recents still did not work. Cleared data, but that did not return the stock recents or gesture. Had to uninstall the mod to restore stock recents and swipe gesture.
Every time you change an option to need to reapply.

Reactions: moaz93

fuzz_33594

Jan 29, 2012
Tampa
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Okay, but does that address the swipe gesture issue?

Additional note: In the early versions of the Pie beta, swipe to recents gesture did not work on third-party launchers (corrected in later versions). Since I was using Nova, I switched to Samsung launcher, but the swipe to recents gesture did not work there either with rolodex recents applied. Turned that feature off and applied the change, everything worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT A THEME APP. IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE COLORS OF THE UI! For theming solutions, use Swift Installer or other Synergy-compatible apps.

If you have issues or need a refund, don't leave a review. Labs gives me no way to respond to reviewers. Either go to the forum thread or join the TG group, linked below.

Samsung's One UI got a lot of things right, but it isn't perfect. For example, you can no longer do things like enable seconds in the status bar clock or change the QS header count using Android's hidden settings.

OneUI Tuner aims to fix these problems by using Samsung's comprehensive theme engine. It's not a theme, though. Instead, OneUI Tuner allows you to do things like setting the QS header icon count, set your own custom clock format, or even restore the old Recents menu from Android Oreo.

The best part? This app doesn't need root access. It doesn't even need anything to be done through ADB.
    - On 9th generation devices, applying the options from a section will prompt you to install an app. Install it again or reboot for the changes to fully apply.
    - On 8th generation devices, if you aren't using Synergy, apply your options in each section and then hit the "Send" button (the middle one) to install the Samsung theme.
    - On 8th generation devices, if you are using Synergy, applying your options will import that section's theme into Synergy.

If you're prompted for root access, go ahead and grant it. On 9th generation devices, it will make the installation process easier. Functionality will not be limited if you don't grant root access.

This app is not complete! Options are limited, and the UI is subject to change.

If you have questions, visit the TG group: http://bit.ly/ZachareeTG

Current features:
    - Custom status bar clock format (color will not change automatically; there is a shadow around the text to make it visible on light backgrounds)
    - Custom QS shade date format
    - Custom QS header counts for portrait and landscape
    - Custom QS row/column counts for portrait and landscape
    - Toggle QS tile backgrounds
    - Move system icons to the left of the status bar
    - Hide the status bar carrier label
    - Toggle lock screen rotation
    - Toggle the old Android Oreo-style Recents menu (doesn't work with Samsung's gestures)
    - Set the navigation bar height
    - Set the status bar height

See the Labs listing for screenshots.

Get it here: https://patreon.com/zacharywander
    Source code: https://github.com/zacharee/OneUITunerRedesign
    The app won't let me run it on note 8. It just splashes up that it needs root and closes. Yet the description clearly states root not required.
    It also clearly states that it may not work on 8th and 10th generation devices.

We're working on a way to install custom themes without root on these devices, but it's not done.
    Hi, where can I get the OneUI Tuner, because Labs was shut down at the beginning of the year?

How can I buy the app now?
    It needs to be the last installed or activated.
    So you want me to pay $1 to alpha test your app that ppl are having issues with ???