FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+] Widget Drawer

4,564 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,418

By Zacharee1, Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 13th November 2018, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th November 2018, 06:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
OMG! You are fast, bro! As a suggestion, aesthetically would be better if bottom toolbar only appears when the app is open (so widgets aspect can only be edited by acessing the app), and make it go away when the drawer is being accessed either by triggers or shortcuts.

Also the transition from opened drawer to closed drawer when tapping and empty space, has some lag.

Would be possible an option to remove padding?

Thanks for this app!

------ edited --------

Landscape mode not working here
15th November 2018, 11:44 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharee1

Widget Drawer v2:

Cool man, thanks for the fast update!

Another suggestion, please allow 4 icon widgets (shortcuts) in a row.

As you can see one icon is taking up 2 columns at the moment, that's wasting space if you ask me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181116-074001_XDA Labs.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	4643816  
16th November 2018, 12:19 AM |#13  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMG

OMG! You are fast, bro! As a suggestion, aesthetically would be better if bottom toolbar only appears when the app is open (so widgets aspect can only be edited by acessing the app), and make it go away when the drawer is being accessed either by triggers or shortcuts.

Also the transition from opened drawer to closed drawer when tapping and empty space, has some lag.

Would be possible an option to remove padding?

Thanks for this app!

------ edited --------

Landscape mode not working here

Nice idea, this will give the app a cleaner look.

As for landscape mode, if it gets supported, please make it optional.
16th November 2018, 01:47 AM |#14  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

Cool man, thanks for the fast update!

Another suggestion, please allow 4 icon widgets (shortcuts) in a row.

As you can see one icon is taking up 2 columns at the moment, that's wasting space if you ask me.

I can either make each widget span a single column or span all of them. So if the division were four, it would be 1/4 width or full width. Intermediates aren't possible.
16th November 2018, 08:57 AM |#15  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 372

More
First of all, thanks for this useful app, it was exactly what I was looking for, tried a few other before this 1 but they didn't quite work how I wanted.

I have a few suggestions I hope you would consider adding as options in the settings.

1. A scroll bar, I have a few scrolling widgets (e.g. flamingo for twitter), so I need to make sure I use the widget header to scroll through your app.

2. A full immersive setting or a way to minimise/toggle your bottom bar.

3. This ones not essential but would be nice to swipe left or right to close your widget drawer.

On a final note, even though it's working great, I really hope you continue to develope this app, and if it helps to motivate development I think you should consider adding a donate option, since the app price is so low.

Many thanks

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
16th November 2018, 10:34 AM |#16  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam333

First of all, thanks for this useful app, it was exactly what I was looking for, tried a few other before this 1 but they didn't quite work how I wanted.

I have a few suggestions I hope you would consider adding as options in the settings.

1. A scroll bar, I have a few scrolling widgets (e.g. flamingo for twitter), so I need to make sure I use the widget header to scroll through your app.

2. A full immersive setting or a way to minimise/toggle your bottom bar.

3. This ones not essential but would be nice to swipe left or right to close your widget drawer.

On a final note, even though it's working great, I really hope you continue to develope this app, and if it helps to motivate development I think you should consider adding a donate option, since the app price is so low.

Many thanks

1. A persistent scrollbar is a good idea.

2. I've been thinking of ways to allow hiding the toolbar. I guess a small trigger button in the bottom right that is pulled or tapped could work.

3. I'm not sure how well this would work. I'm already doing a lot of hacky stuff just to have scrolling work properly (normally, even non-scrollable widgets would block the overall scroll).

I don't have any plans to stop development for the time being. The price is actually more of a "stop and think sort of thing." I don't want people blindly downloading the app and then getting mad at me because they didn't read the description and thought it was something else.

I'm glad you like the app so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2018, 06:17 PM |#17  
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This app is great and has amazing utility! I bought it right away when I seen this thread. So far everything is working great except I can't resize the Google keep widget. My other widgets resize perfectly but keep will move up or down instead of resizing. Thank you for the awesome app!
17th November 2018, 06:27 PM |#18  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chxnugs

This app is great and has amazing utility! I bought it right away when I seen this thread. So far everything is working great except I can't resize the Google keep widget. My other widgets resize perfectly but keep will move up or down instead of resizing. Thank you for the awesome app!

It might have a max height set in the widget. I can't force it.
18th November 2018, 02:34 AM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharee1

It might have a max height set in the widget. I can't force it.

Somehow I can't have the app run at boot complete. I have white listed the app from all battery saving apps and doze. I don't know if it's just me or someone else is also having this issue, but please check. Thanks.
18th November 2018, 09:42 AM |#20  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 372

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

Somehow I can't have the app run at boot complete. I have white listed the app from all battery saving apps and doze. I don't know if it's just me or someone else is also having this issue, but please check. Thanks.

No problems here, using Android 8.0

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
21st November 2018, 01:40 PM |#21  

Donate to Me
More
Version 3 is rolling out. See OP for changelog.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)