Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

[Android 5.0+] Bacon Camera

258 posts
Thanks Meter: 534

By fgnm, Senior Member on 20th November 2015, 03:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Finally it's here! I'm so exited to open this thread
As I promised, I've worked very hard to give you the best camera experience, now it's ready (almost xD)

bacon camera" width="256" height="125

Today I present you Bacon Camera, the first camera app optimized for the OnePlus One!
It includes all features of my previous project with many other additions, bug fixes and a brand new UI for manual controls!

And it's on Google PlayStore too!

Bacon Camera now officially support LG G3 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Standard version

DEMO version

Quote:

First Camera app with almost full manual controls for OnePlus One and LG G3 (running stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
With Bacon Camera you will be able to see how powerful is your camera module, optimized with all possible features! (Without Lollipop Camera2 APIs, of course)

Manual Controls supported for OnePlus One are:
- Full Manual Focus
- Full Manual White Balance
- Full Manual Exposure Compensation
- Semi-Manual ISO speed
- Full Manual Exposure Time (up to 64sec!)
- Bayer RAW and DNG support

Manual Controls supported for LG G3 (>= Android 6.0 Marshmallow) are:
- Full Manual Focus
- Full Manual Exposure Compensation
- Semi-Manual ISO speed
- Bayer RAW and DNG support

*** (Only LG G3) Support for Laser Focus and DSLR Advanced Features: UbiFocus, ChromaFlash, OptiZoom ***

*** (OnePlus One) Support to ClearImage and 50Mpx shot. ***

A new exlusive algorithm tells you the distance between the camera and manual-focused objects.

Many other improvements and tweeks makes this app unique and perfect in any conditions!

Bacon Camera is designed for stock OnePlus One firmware (CyanogenOS 12.1), however people with custom ROMs can use it too but sometimes with some limitation (according to the driver inside your ROM), and LG G3 running stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

Since this app is still in beta state there are still some know bugs
- Sometimes the app can crash or freeze (in any case clear camera from recent apps).
- RAW format and slow shutter speed (> 2sec) causes a freeze. Reboot the phone -Camera Driver issue, only manufacturer can fix this-
- Flash needs "Zero Shutter Lag" always to be ON (Only OnePlus One)
- Video in HSR works only with a CAF based ROM (not the stock one)

For any question/bug report, or if you want to have a support to other divices, please refer here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...amera-t3253278

Enjoy

Open Source Licenses:
https://github.com/sultanxda/android...pdragonCamera/
https://github.com/troop/FreeDcam

If you are on stock CyanogenOS 12.1 you can still use my patched media_profile.xml to have a better video quality and replace the original file in "/system/etc/" folder (do a backup first).

As I wrote in the description, this app is designed for OPO with Cyanogen OS 12.1, but it will works also on stock CM or CM based on CAF (with some limitation: shutter speed up to 2sec, and no ClearImage, HD or SuperMacro)

That's all guys, hope you enjoy it! And of course leave a good PlayStore review

Before you ask: Yes the app itself is not free.. but consider this as a small support to an 18-years old student that want just follow his dreams
When I will find the time I will make two different versions, anyway are just few Euro so, Really Thank you for Understanding

All features (manual focus included) not require any modded/patched HAL, just stock one.

As always don't forget to report bugs and/or what you want to be implemented, I will do my best to continue to improve this experience

Current To-Do-List is:
- Triaxial Leveling
- Photosphere (harder than imagined)

OPO - CM13 Nightlies High Res image fix
According to new Cyanogen's decisions 50/32/24mpx image interpolation will not be available on stock CM13 Nightlies, I've prepared a temporary fix for this while waiting official CyanogenOS 13 for the OnePlus One:
- Flash HIGH_RES_TEMP_FIX_CM13.zip via recovery
- Reboot, and enjoy

No need to do a backup because if something goes wrong or you simply want revert this just flash the same ZIP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HIGH_RES_TEMP_FIX_CM13.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.1 KB, 3564 views)
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to fgnm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fgnm Ad-Free

20th November 2015, 04:12 PM |#2  
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 599

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgnm

As I promised, I've worked very hard to give you the best camera experience, now it's ready (almost xD)

Can't wait to try on OxygenOS.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Play Store says the app is incompatible with my device.
20th November 2015, 04:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergonzi

Can't wait to try on OxygenOS.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Play Store says the app is incompatible with my device.

Ops, first app on play store, my bad
Oxygen OS for OPO is based on android 5.0.2, I'm uploading new version with a smaller minSdk (current is 5.1), sorry.

EDIT:
Just pushed a new small update.. Please wait while google refresh new spec
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fgnm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fgnm Ad-Free
20th November 2015, 05:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
so sad that i'm in china and i cant fetch google server in my country
good work and wish you good luck~
20th November 2015, 05:22 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Asnieres-Sur-Seine
Thanks Meter: 8,232

More
Quote:

Today I present you Bacon Camera, the first camera app optimized for the OnePlus One!
It includes all features of my previous project with many other additions, bug fixes and a brand new UI for manual controls!

And it's on Google PlayStore too, get it now!

If you are on stock CyanogenOS 12.1 you can still use my patched media_profile.xml to have a better video quality and replace the original file in "/system/etc/" folder (do a backup first).

As I wrote in the description, this app is designed for OPO with Cyanogen OS 12.1, but it will works also on stock CM or CM based on CAF (with some limitation: shutter speed up to 2sec, and no ClearImage, HD or SuperMacro)

That's all guys, hope you enjoy it! And of course leave a good PlayStore review

Before you ask: Yes the app itself is not free.. but consider this as a small support to an 18-years old student that want just follow his dreams
When I will find the time I will make two different versions, anyway are just few Euro so, Really Thank you for Understanding

All features (manual focus included) not require any modded/patched HAL, just stock one.

As always don't forget to report bugs and/or what you want to be implemented, I will do my best to continue to improve this experience

Current To-Do-List is:
- Triaxial Leveling
- Tap to Shot
- Photosphere (harder than imagined)

Great to see, but XDA has a rule about paid apps.. You really need to look into the rules to keep this thread open..
20th November 2015, 05:29 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setting.Out

Great to see, but XDA has a rule about paid apps.. You really need to look into the rules to keep this thread open..

Again my bad, apologize me. I should post this thread in "Paid Software Announcement and Discussion " right?
Sorry again, please can some moderators change it to correct section, or I've to close this and open a new one?
20th November 2015, 07:46 PM |#7  
Flag Ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 56

More
What are the main differences between your app and camera fv5? I have paid for camera fv5 and would like to know the features which are better in this app.

Sent from Bacon (Oneplus One)
20th November 2015, 07:54 PM |#8  
Flag San Pedro

More
Quote:

Ops, first app on play store, my bad
Oxygen OS for OPO is based on android 5.0.2, I'm uploading new version with a smaller minSdk (current is 5.1), sorry.

EDIT:
Just pushed a new small update.. Please wait while google refresh new spec

Got it--thanks!
Not only was I the first post after the OP, but I was probably the first purchaser!
20th November 2015, 09:32 PM |#9  
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Nice to see another camera for our OPO
Just bought it and while making a little test, found a few bugs , I'll have more time tomorrow to test it outdoors and give more feedback then.

bug1: Preview a pic, zoom in and press back. Can only see half of the UI (can't take a screenshot for some reason), the other half is black. It's like the UI moved to the right.

bug2: I have automatic upload to my pc. and some pictures were uploaded in landscape. I took them in portrait while the OPO was on a dock. Don't know what I did, so I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow

bug3: RAW enabled and no dng file after taking a shot, or I can't find it

Can't find super macro as mentioned in description.
Volume keys (blue bar) do exactly what? just curious.

Loved the manual focus and slow shutter didn't worked for me.

Nice work so far
I'm on Resurrection Remix rom btw.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulissimo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulissimo Ad-Free
20th November 2015, 09:51 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Has it got api 2??

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to alijoregon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alijoregon Ad-Free
20th November 2015, 10:07 PM |#11  
Flag San Pedro

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alijoregon

Has it got api 2??

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Have the courtesy to read the original post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)