258 posts
Thanks Meter: 534

By fgnm, Senior Member on 20th November 2015, 02:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2015, 07:09 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
I've just discovered some very interesting things that I must share: This camera might be compatible not only with OnePlus One but with many other smartphones.. Quite sure that it will works on: OnePlus X, Lenovo Zuk Z1, Xiami Mi3W. Actually I've no idea how many smartphone share the same spec I will try to find somewhere another Chinese phone to test it
If someone can make some tests feel free to contact me

@paulissimo I will start working on jpeg preview
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fgnm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fgnm Ad-Free

22nd November 2015, 07:51 PM |#22  
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgnm

I've just discovered some very interesting things that I must share: This camera might be compatible not only with OnePlus One but with many other smartphones.. Quite sure that it will works on: OnePlus X, Lenovo Zuk Z1, Xiami Mi3W. Actually I've no idea how many smartphone share the same spec I will try to find somewhere another Chinese phone to test it
If someone can make some tests feel free to contact me

@paulissimo I will start working on jpeg preview

Well that's good news for you and for me

Took some pictures this weekend to compare with other apps, I posted them on a oneplus forum thread

Edit: ah, and a changelog would be nice too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulissimo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulissimo Ad-Free
23rd November 2015, 10:01 AM |#23  
Flag Čakovec
Thanks Meter: 261

More
nice app all in all, but what is the blue line in the view finder ??
i tried zooming but it does not move, and i can't figure it out for what it's being used, or does it have some use ??
thnx in advance
23rd November 2015, 10:57 AM |#24  
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev0lver

i tried zooming but it does not move, and i can't figure it out for what it's being used, or does it have some use ??
thnx in advance

Try the volume keys. I think it's for exposure.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulissimo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulissimo Ad-Free
23rd November 2015, 11:22 AM |#25  
Flag Čakovec
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulissimo

Try the volume keys. I think it's for exposure.

yup, that's the use
never thought about that
23rd November 2015, 11:39 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev0lver

thnx in advance

That "blue line" is a vertical progress bar and indicate the Luma-adaptation or brightness , it's very helpful in some situation combined with manual exposure compensation , you can control it with volume keys if in settings "volume shutter" is off
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fgnm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fgnm Ad-Free
23rd November 2015, 07:38 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:

Just pushed a new update to solve the bug reported by @paulissimo with some other improvements especially for slow shutter speed, It will be available in a few hours.
@tigobrata CAF ROMs has always some problems with slow shutter speed because it's limited only up to 2sec, if you are on CAF is better to use "accurate shutter speed" by pressing the "ms" button under Exposure time slider

P.S.
I'm really fighting to keep this app online.. First Google, then yesterday a cracker tried to brake my Google Play dev account.. 30sec more and I would have lost everything.. Someone from Yemen.. I've his phone number now

~

FC when selecting "ms" :s
23rd November 2015, 08:31 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigobrata

~

FC when selecting "ms" :s

Finally get CAF working on MultiROM, I'm going to officially support CAF build too I apologize for the inconvenience ..
Next update will come this week with as much as possible bug fixes for at least official Sultan CM12.1 build
24th November 2015, 09:25 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I didn't test the app very much yet - but I looked into the menu. I need a description!!!
- I didn't know, what "Bayer" means (in German it's a Bavarian) and searched it on Wikipedia. Now I know a little bit about it but don't know the function of those three different choices - and I don't know which one should choose.
- What does "Lens Shade"?
- I can choose HDR in scene menu and I can choose it in the settings. What is the difference? What does "HDR need 1x frame"?
- What means "AR" in scene menu?
And so on and on...

Why do I see some parts in German and some (most) in English?
It would be nice to see a sign on the screen that a scene mode is active.

... As I said: I need a description!

Edit: A "Sounds off" option would be nice, too.
Edit2: There should be a button in "manual white balance" hemisphere to set it back to a default or automatic. Or it should be automatic when the red point is at the left end.
Edit3: Did you think about a multilingual version? I would try to help with translation.
24th November 2015, 12:58 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo

I didn't test the app very much yet - but I looked into the menu. I need a description!!!
- I didn't know, what "Bayer" means (in German it's a Bavarian) and searched it on Wikipedia. Now I know a little bit about it but don't know the function of those three different choices - and I don't know which one should choose.
- What does "Lens Shade"?
- I can choose HDR in scene menu and I can choose it in the settings. What is the difference? What does "HDR need 1x frame"?
- What means "AR" in scene menu?
And so on and on...

Why do I see some parts in German and some (most) in English?
It would be nice to see a sign on the screen that a scene mode is active.

... As I said: I need a description!

Edit: A "Sounds off" option would be nice, too.
Edit2: There should be a button in "manual white balance" hemisphere to set it back to a default or automatic. Or it should be automatic when the red point is at the left end.
Edit3: Did you think about a multilingual version? I would try to help with translation.

You're right , there are really too many options to choose and I'm already working on a official web site where I explain all features and options . Anyway I will try to answer to your questions:
- Lens Shade is a digital algorithm to reduce light interferences (it should do that since it's a camera parameter, the difference can be noticed only in some light conditions)
- if you set HDR in scene you will always get an HDR shot, "Auto HDR" should active HDR only in particular condition. HDR need 1x instead generate 2 picture when HDR is on. One with and one without.
- AR is a scene.. Honestly I don't know it's written in camera driver I think that is another type of auto settings like auto scene detect
- some part are in German because derived from official Google translation.. Part in English are features added by me

To switch between auto and manual (in focus , white balance and exposure time) long tap manual icon
I will add your suggestions , and it will be nice have a multilingual (I'm finishing Italian translation)
The Following User Says Thank You to fgnm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fgnm Ad-Free
24th November 2015, 05:08 PM |#31  
Flag Iași
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:

Again my bad, apologize me. I should post this thread in "Paid Software Announcement and Discussion " right?
Sorry again, please can some moderators change it to correct section, or I've to close this and open a new one?

hi, I honestly admire your work, and thank you for such a powerful camera.
but can I request a thing, not that much important but still, technically speaking a Trial Version means time-based limitations, like 14 days of use or a month,
what you have there is actually a Demo Version of the main app, as it has functionality limitations and not time based.
If you consider that functional limitations should go on for trying, please rename it to Demo Version and not Trial,
but if you think that a Full Functionality for a limited amount of time is better for testing the app and later buying it than, could you reconsider removing functional limitations and add just a time based limit to some amount of days, or may be a month of use.

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to funCrash93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift funCrash93 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)