FORUMS

[Android 4.2+][ROOT][2017.09.21] FlashFire v0.73

11,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,311

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 7th April 2015, 07:31 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
14th January 2017, 01:43 PM |#5001  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 9,254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fftorettol

Well, I flashed it via TWRP... It all worked, I didn't lose any data... But I've lost twrp and root... But anyway! Thank you so much both of you!

Ota's always revert your system to stock recovery. No biggie though. Just fire up fastboot and install TWRP again, then boot into that right away using the phone buttons and flash SU again

Sent from me
The Following User Says Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
14th January 2017, 05:46 PM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 710

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwchips

Tried to flash the latest ROM for my device (full zip not OTA so no checks) via 'flash zip' method but always get the same result - a black screen that hangs until I reboot. I've left it at least 15min in vain hope. If I try the 'flash firmware' option the archive scan fails to find the system.img or at least doesn't offer it as an option to flash. It finds the boot/logo/recovery/modem etc files though.

I'm running xiaomi Mi5Pro, bootloader unlocked, supersu pro 2.79sr2, twrp recovery

http://pastebin.com/KH2dvP1f

You tried with FlashFire v0.54-pre?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...3/post70380896

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwchips

Here's another failed flash attempt, this time flashing magisk uninstaller zip. Xiaomi mi5 pro android 7.0 unlocked BL/ TWRP/supersu

Supersu logs
http://imgur.com/a/R30V6

FlashFire log
http://pastebin.com/zvAy1hcZ

Seems to fail at at the same point as far as I can tell. Also no idea how to get the logs out of supersu!

From what I've seen so far, Magisk breaks FlashFire, so try installing stock boot.img, SuperSU and then try FlashFire again
14th January 2017, 11:10 PM |#5003  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thx @Chainfire for the work!

I have a Pixel (no verizon) with NMF26Q and i try to update to NMF26V.
I got the "OTA RESULT*!=*0"
I have not flash TWRP.
I checked the "Inject SuperSu" Box in "EverRoot".
SuperSu 2.79-SR2 is installed.

I don't flashing back manually the current stock boot image. is that required? And if yes, it also works with the future OTA's?
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt lastlog.txt - [Click for QR Code] (82.1 KB, 18 views)
15th January 2017, 01:03 AM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Just tried FlashFire pre,by flashing SuperSUsr3 and everything went fine, I'm on a n5 running a custom ROM through twrp3.03.
15th January 2017, 07:47 PM |#5005  

More
I tried with SuperSu 2.79 rc3 but still don't work.

I forgot to say that i tried with full OTA method.
16th January 2017, 12:00 AM |#5006  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,596

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njeri123

I tried with SuperSu 2.79 rc3 but still don't work.

I forgot to say that i tried with full OTA method.

What ROM/Android version? What device? Logs? If you want help you need to provide relevant information
16th January 2017, 02:26 AM |#5007  
Thanks Meter: 623

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkymack

Nexus 5x Marshmallow July Security Update - ElementalX kernel 1.20 - TWRP 3.0.2-0 - Xposed - Unlocked Bootloader

Got a notification for 7.1.1 OTA this morning and finally decided to give up my Xposed (for now) to upgrade:

1. Did my research, looked like I could use FlashFire to install the OTA with a custom recovery (this, of course, may be my problem...poor reading comprehension).
2. Opened FlashFire, used the OTA automated option to set up the commands.
3. Flashed
4. Got the red triangle "No Command" screen

If I power down and then launch into the bootloader, I can still get into TWRP, but FlashFire didn't seem to install the OTA.

Three Questions:
A. Did I do something wrong?
B. Can I fix what I did and still install 7.1.1 from the OTA?
C. If the answer to question B is "no", should I just flash a marshmallow zip via ADB sideload in TWRP and go about my business, or have I somehow messed things up and that would just exacerbate my problems?

With FlashFire you don't need to use custom recovery, FlashFire does that all on it's own.
So just download the full OTA zip and flash it with FlashFire, the incremental OTA zip is not working yet on Android 7.1.1 something about signed zip files, probably if you open the update.zip and remove the encryption it will work again in FlashFire but as of now with the encryption on FlashFire can not recognise the zip files as flashable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

Ota's always revert your system to stock recovery. No biggie though. Just fire up fastboot and install TWRP again, then boot into that right away using the phone buttons and flash SU again

Sent from me

That's why FlashFire is so handy it does that all for you, if you know how to get it working of course.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to grep_i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grep_i Ad-Free
16th January 2017, 02:42 AM |#5008  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I'm wanting to learn that now, I just rooted and installed FlashFire and want to know for next months update.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
16th January 2017, 04:22 AM |#5009  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is this able to downgrade os without problem and it is work with locked bootloader.
16th January 2017, 06:44 AM |#5010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

What ROM/Android version? What device? Logs? If you want help you need to provide relevant information

I wrote before all relevant information. The Logfile is in the attachment.
16th January 2017, 08:01 AM |#5011  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,596

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njeri123

I wrote before all relevant information. The Logfile is in the attachment.

So a link back to the post would work. Or are people supposed to go digging for your previous post? And know that you posted previously? Use a little common sense and make things easier for people willing to help you.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread