[SAMSUNG PIE] #HEX Installer

698 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,014

By envy~, Recognized Themer on 2nd July 2019, 03:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2019, 11:25 PM |#761  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any 1 on android 10 beta that can test the latest update as it mentions an update to hexloaderflags for android 10.
7th November 2019, 12:18 AM |#762  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Battery drain does occur
I love this theme theming system so much. However I have found that if I use hex with no 3rd party app theming battery is great! With 3rd party app theming, not so much.

With 3rd party app theming and also hex+, I estimate a battery drain of about 10 percent extra per day. From what I see, it is standby drain with android system increase in drain. Its obvious as when I switch to a basic hex theme, the battery gradient when I don't use the phone is almost horizontal compared to with a 3rd party app theming.

So right now I just staying with the basic hex theme. Although I wish my WhatsApp had a night mode.

I'm using a note 10+ with oct patch.
7th November 2019, 03:03 AM |#763  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by envy~

HEXED PLUS RELEASED!!
New Base! go beyond and theme more 3rd party apps with it.
full list of currently supported apps here
Go to Hex app settings and set it up for free.

#INTRODUCTION:
The original theme bodhisattva_ is celebrating its 3 years now, from Nougat, Oreo and the present PIE android firmware.
The theme simply introduced advanced custom theming for Samsung since they release Samsung Experience UI and Theme Store, by providing more apps supported on a single theme, hundreds of apps on a single apk, 3rd party custom icons on Samsung's default launcher. Since then the theme became a good starting point base for other themers and influenced them a lot, open doors for overlay install method and other things.

Now on this Theme Installer App, A user can do whatever they want to theme bodhisattva_ design principles plus other cool mods and tweaks to make the theme experience more personal.

#FEATURES:
-Complete Theme Color Engine - change background, primary, accent, texts, Qicksettings and Notification colors to anything you like (dark mode base)
-Font files bundle feature - Include your own .ttf font to be included on the theme - No PC/adb needed.
-Tweaks and popular light Mods like navbar height, QS transparency, Rounded keyboard and many more.
-3rd party app theming support like making Instagram and WhatsApp dark? Twitter lights-out and Gapps themes that's made from scratch,
NOT RELYING TO BUILD NUMBER, no installer update required, update 3rd party apps and still use them without waiting for us to update.
-UI Plugins support- you don't like theme bodhisattva icons? simply choose Default Mode preference and you can theme with OneUI elements,
AOSP-Q (full aosp experience for Samsung - all first party apps) and other themers designs like Diliun, Paragus, Broly, ayos_dark Custom UI tagged as HEX UI plugins.

#INITIAL SETUP: FOR REGULAR HC BASE(only one time, unless you delete the theme base)
1. Apply default theme
2. Open Hex application and grant storage permissions, follow on-screen instructions.
3. Customize and Build your theme
4. Reboot and Apply your Hex theme from themestore.
*reboot is only a one time scenario, this is just to fix the statusbar icon colors, on your next theme build, no need to do anything else or apply default theme first, just build, install and apply.
*Please read the FAQ on app for more informations.

#TROUBLESHOOT:
Theme applied but all/some selected third party apps not working or didn't get dark.
-Restart device
-Apply default theme
-Download and apply High Contrast theme (yellow)
-Apply HEX theme (High Contrast theme II Sky Black)

Theme applied but some apps like Dialer and Settings are not fully themed
-Apply default theme and delete High Contrast Theme II
-Download again High Contrast Theme II and APPLY it.
-Open HEX and click Build button it will redirect you to apply Default Theme, apply Default theme.
-Build your HEX theme again, apply and check.

#FUTURE PLANS:
-Add more 3rd party apps to get themed with user color choices. - done but still work in progress to add more.
-Fully Implementation of UI PLUGINS to give limelight for other Custom Themers work. - done, but more ui mode plugins coming soon!
-Add 3rd party Icon pack support for Samsung default home launcher.
-Breaking 60 overlays limit. not relying to HC theme base anymore. Update To HEXED PLUS NOW
-Note 10 or OneUI 1.5 Hexed Plus activation and new ThemeKeeper service, (still on test phase)

#HEX LINK AND INFO:
-HEX is a joint project together with my partner @sathishtony and the Dark Zero Hands theme testers.
-HEX will work on ALL SAMUNG PIE PHONES, S8,S9,S10,N8,N9 some A and J series who got Android 9 Pie firmware.
-HEX is using High Contrast theme as base, a Samsung pre installed theme on all Pie devices.
-First uploaded on playstore since June 8, 2019
-Special thanks for a good friend @RomLord14495 for sponsoring all Hex giveaways promotions.

VIDEO FEATURE:
ENGLISH - Techylogy
SPANISH - Lexdroid
RUSSIAN - Kelumza
English(featured app) - HowToMen
English(NOTE 10 - featured app) - HowToMen

BLOG FEATURE ENTRIES:
Piunikaweb -link
AndroidPolice - link
AndroidAutorithy - link1link2

AVAILABLE PLUGIN RELEASED:
AOSP Q
Paragus UI - @srohit96 (original thread)
Broly - @PAIN (standalone theme)
Deliun - @carlosbalbuena_ (original thread)

HEX APP DOWNLOAD LINK

I wish they could add support to Google Phone and Google Messages app. I have mostly all HEX pluggings purchased.
7th November 2019, 04:40 AM |#764  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 4,289

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lramos_90

I wish they could add support to Google Phone and Google Messages app. I have mostly all HEX pluggings purchased.

Why are you quoting the whole OP?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamnotkurtcobain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamnotkurtcobain Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 11:53 AM |#765  
Lincoln, NE
Thanks Meter: 2

More
im getting hex to work on android 10 on my s10+ g975u. i cant use the hex+ theme, but i can disable + and use the base theme. it takes a couple tries. go to compile and it will say problem parsing package, just hit ok, hit the back button, and itll ask u if u want to retry, just keep doing that and it will eventually go through and compile the theme. also, when i go to apply the theme it hangs at 83% for a sec but it applies fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to BDog21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BDog21 Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 01:20 AM |#766  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotkurtcobain

Why are you quoting the whole OP?

Sorry, I didn't realize I was commenting there.
9th November 2019, 08:46 PM |#767  
@envy~ @sathishtony

Can I request a 3rd party app to be themed?

App: XMEye

Location: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.mobile.myeye

Reason: App aperates at 100% screen brightness and is all white. Would really like to see a amoled version if possible.

Thank you!
9th November 2019, 11:17 PM |#768  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
I have the latest version of hex installer in my galaxy s10+ with android 10 beta. Everything is working except about the fact that the theme installed will revert back after 10 minutes. There is any way to fix it?
10th November 2019, 11:53 AM |#769  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Any base APK for making our own themes?
Sometimes I like parts of one theme and parts of another I'd like to assemble QS icons from one theme and button switches from another
10th November 2019, 01:48 PM |#770  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo87

I have the latest version of hex installer in my galaxy s10+ with android 10 beta. Everything is working except about the fact that the theme installed will revert back after 10 minutes. There is any way to fix it?

Use hex instead of hex+
The Following User Says Thank You to rahulkheria For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rahulkheria Ad-Free
Yesterday, 01:13 AM |#771  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Here's a workaround for the major bugs on Android 10 till the devs release an update (please stop asking for eta):

1. Hex+ times out: use Hex for now.

2. Problem parsing package when compiling overlays and installing them: keep trying and it will eventually work.

3. Navigation bar overlay/space is present even if you have fullscreen gestures on which looks weird and ugly and wastes screen space: the solution is to set navbar height to 0, which is something Hex theme preferences do not allow you to do (lowest you can go is 24). You can work around that by opening the file for your recent edit (check datetime stamp) under internal storage/hex/projects/blahblah.hex using a text editor, copy the Base64 encoded string in there and decode it anywhere, you'll find it's just a JSON array of properties, find the key called navsi and change the value from 24 to 0, encode the string back into Base64, put the encoded string in the .hex file and replace what was there, save, and that's it. Go back to Hex, recent edits, latest one, click preferences, you'll find the navbar height is now 0, compile and apply.
The Following User Says Thank You to asheriif For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asheriif Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)