FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SuperSU Me Please !!! (Updated 01/28/2017)

1,877 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,081

Post Reply Email Thread
Super-SuMe Pro:

Disclaimer:
We nor XDA are responsible for anything that you choose to do with this program to your device or others. Modifying our code or redistributing it is not allowed without prior approval from us.

Donations:
"If this application helps you out, please consider a small monetary donation to further improve development of this application. You can Donate by clicking the "Donate to Me" button on your left, underneath my Profile picture. (The Team will divide it up..)

Developers / Contributors:
@Tomsgt (RootJunky)
@hsbadr
@Surge1223
@gatesjunior

Tester / Buddy:
@freddy0872

Background:
So after we gained root on the Note 4 everyone was excited, except that we all didn't like the KingRoot applications running
on our device and were not sure what it all was collecting. Also, many of our favorite programs we know work with SuperSU and
some even look for it. So we decided as a team to take on the challenge and come out with this script that will completely remove all of the KingRoot applications and put SuperSU on our device.

Requirements:

• KingRoot application on your device (There are known issues with certain versions of Kingroot, below is the version I use and know works well..)

Don't even try to run this if you have not just done a clean reboot and then rooted with KingRoot. Yes, you must do
this, otherwise you risk a reboot in the middle of the process and will have to do it anyway..

What does it do?:
• Removes KingRoot / Kingo Root applications
• Disables Knox
• Installs SuperSU
• It does NOT give you permanent root on the Note 4 (Update: The Pro version includes root protection, you will be surprised at how long you can retain root now.

What audience of device does it support?:

• AT&T Note 4
• Verizon Note 4
• Many, many other devices

It also will work on pretty much any other device that has KingRoot installed and you are looking at getting over to SuperSU..

This will work on any Android OS as long as you are rooted with KingRoot first.

Process if your device reboots / you lose root:

Uninstall Super-Sume Pro
Reboot
Root with KingRoot 5.x or newer
Install and run Super-Sume Pro

Here is a nice video that ours truly, RootJunky put together:

[YOUTUBE]Qxn3Wk_JE3A[/YOUTUBE]

Download Link:

APK now available to do all of this for you without a PC..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FcGNyATHrqmoCA
The Following 136 Users Say Thank You to gatesjunior For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th May 2015, 04:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Thank you Gates @ Team!! Awesome work you guys! Thank you very much your work is greatly appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DroidHelp101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DroidHelp101 Ad-Free
17th May 2015, 04:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks
Been waiting on this for soooo long thanks so much
17th May 2015, 04:29 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,664

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesjunior

SuperSUMe:

Disclaimer:
We nor XDA are responsible for anything that you choose to do with this program to your device or others. Modifying our code or redistributing it is not allowed without prior approval from us.

Donations:
"If this application helps you out, please consider a small monetary donation to further improve development of this application. You can Donate by clicking the "Donate to Me" button on your left, underneath my Profile picture. (The Team will divide it up..)

Developers / Contributors:
@Tomsgt (RootJunky)
@hsbadr
@Surge1223
@gatesjunior

Tester / Buddy:
@freddy0872

Background:
So after we gained root on the Note 4 everyone was excited, except that we all didn't like the KingRoot applications running
on our device and were not sure what it all was collecting. Also, many of our favorite programs we know work with SuperSU and
some even look for it. So we decided as a team to take on the challenge and come out with this script that will completely remove
all of the KingRoot applications and put SuperSU on our device.

Requirements:

The program requires that your manufacturer USB drivers are installed for your specific device as well as the following:
• Windows Operating System
• USB Debugging turned on for your device
• KingRoot application on your device

The process in the beginning will ask you to hard reboot your device and re-root the device with KingRoot. Yes, you must do
this, otherwise you risk a reboot in the middle of the process and will have to do it anyway..

We are also currently finishing up an on-device script for you as well as possibly an apk you could install to do the same thing. We are also
fine with anyone who wants to take this on and use our script as a guide. Just be fair and give us credit in the post..

What does it do?:
• Removes KingRoot applications
• Disables Knox
• Installs SuperSU
• Soft Reboot at the end

What audience of device does it support?:

• AT&T Note 4
• Verizon Note 4

All of the above require you to be running KitKat on the device as well. There currently is no root method available for the Lollipop release.

Here is a nice video that ours truly, RootJunky put together:

[YOUTUBE]WSlylaer3g[/YOUTUBE]

Download Link(s):

http://rootjunkysdl.com/?device=Gala...=Kitkat%20Root

Enjoy guys, we hope you like it..

Nice Work !!! Looking forward to DisableWriteProtection followed by custom ROMs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
17th May 2015, 04:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
custom stock rom
I know this won't allow custom roms but is it possible to have a modified stock rom? Awesome work will try this later today
17th May 2015, 04:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
As far as root is concerned is this method permanent, I know kingroot isn't and this just seems to replace kingroot jazz with supersu, which is awesome by the way, but I saw no mention of permanent root or temp root.
17th May 2015, 04:49 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 4,081

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanitos

As far as root is concerned is this method permanent, I know kingroot isn't and this just seems to replace kingroot jazz with supersu, which is awesome by the way, but I saw no mention of permanent root or temp root.

OP updated, no it does not yet. We are currently working on this.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gatesjunior For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2015, 05:00 PM |#8  
Flag hubei
Thanks Meter: 29

More
note edge work! thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to 彩色的风 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 彩色的风 Ad-Free
17th May 2015, 05:03 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesjunior

OP updated, no it does not yet. We are currently working on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 彩色的风

note edge work! thank you!

Nice going gates! And u got it rolling on note edge from the looks of it! Top notch as always!
17th May 2015, 05:21 PM |#10  
Grand Rapids
Thanks Meter: 58

More
So this is not working for me.

I have used odin to succesfully downgrade from lollipop to 4.4.4 via the Stock_Restore_NJ5.zip file. Everything upon reboot of that shows the phone is running fine.

I have enable USB Debugging. I have no versions of SuperSU installed previously. I have the usb drivers installed and running your script seems to work fine. Kingroot apps are cleaned out during the script and SuperSU is installed. I run it and update the binary but after a 10+ second wait I get an installation failed.

I have factory reset the phone and tried it all once again but still the same outcome. I have verified that NJ5 is my current build.

Any ideas?
17th May 2015, 05:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
made me check box in developer options "mock locations". is that normal? i dont remember seeing that in video. took me forever to figure out what it wanted me to check off

Edit: Root is on ATT variant. took a number of tries doing the whole process to get it to work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 4, root, supersu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)