FORUMS

[APP][XPOSED][6.0+] XPrivacyLua Pro companion app

22,979 posts
Thanks Meter: 49,429

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 31st January 2018, 11:56 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
XPrivacyLua
XPrivacyLua Pro companion app

This thread is to discuss about the pro companion app of XPrivacyLua.

You can install the pro companion app for free and manage hook definitions and access the hook definition repository for free. You can see how the other features work, but using them requires a purchase:
  • backup and restore all settings
  • manage individual hooks per app
  • set/randomize custom identifiers globally/per app
  • allow (non) starred contacts globally/per app
  • set custom fake or coarse location globally/per app
  • view a global log of which restriction were applied and when
  • notify on applying an app restriction
  • dark theme

Although the pro companion app is stable, it will be forever published in the Play store as "testing" because I don't want to deal with unfair ratings/comments. Just too many people have unreasonable expectations.

If you value your privacy, please consider to support this project by purchasing pro features or with a donation.

If you want to install the pro companion app and activate the pro features without Google services, please contact me through this contact form: https://contact.faircode.eu (select "XPrivacyLua standalone").

The pro companion app is supported with Xposed only.

XDA:DevDB Information
XPrivacyLua pro companion app, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
M66B

Version Information

Created 2018-01-31
Last Updated 2018-01-31

XDA:DevDB Information
XPrivacyLua Pro companion app, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
M66B

Version Information

Created 2018-01-31
Last Updated 2019-04-17
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2018, 12:11 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

More
The just released version 0.24 allows for flashing up to five ROMs a week.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2018, 12:38 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Is there a reboot required after updating the Pro App, or are there dependencies to the XLua version installed?
I just updated the Pro App (not exactly sure from which version, but think from Monday). I then just wanted to doublechek if for Whatsapp the contact restriction is still set to "Allow starred" but there was no dropdown available when being in the Whatsapp Pro App contact section (was just an empty place). Nevertheless in ProApp global settings, the dropdown was available in contact section. I then updated XLua (from 1.11.3) to 1.11.4, rebooted and everything was fine again (so dropdown available for Whatsapp and also "Allow starred" was set.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs
31st January 2018, 12:50 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbv2005

Is there a reboot required after updating the Pro App, or are there dependencies to the XLua version installed?
I just updated the Pro App (not exactly sure from which version, but think from Monday). I then just wanted to doublechek if for Whatsapp the contact restriction is still set to "Allow starred" but there was no dropdown available when being in the Whatsapp Pro App contact section (was just an empty place). Nevertheless in ProApp global settings, the dropdown was available in contact section. I then updated XLua (from 1.11.3) to 1.11.4, rebooted and everything was fine again (so dropdown available for Whatsapp and also "Allow starred" was set.

Updating the pro companion app doesn't require a reboot.

The issue might be caused by updating.

Since it is fixed now I will leave it as it is, but don't hesitate to comment here if it occurs again and I will look into it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2018, 01:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

The just released version 0.24 allows for flashing up to five ROMs a week.

Sorry if I missed something Marcel,
What is this flashing ROM limit?
31st January 2018, 02:33 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing2003

Sorry if I missed something Marcel,
What is this flashing ROM limit?

Some people using the pro companion app without Google services installed are frequently flashing a new ROM, which resulted into the pro activation being deactivated. This was being solved by requesting a new activation until now, but this was both inconvenient for them and for me. This has been solved in version 0.24.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2018, 03:38 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello, and thank you for enhancing your work to allow for stable compatibility with 6.0+.

I purchased XPrivacy several years ago, and enabling pro entailed keeping my xprivacy_license.txt on my sdcard.

Will my existing license file enable pro for xprivacylua? Or is the pro xprivacylua a separate purchase for a separate product?

Thank you again for helping ensure our privacy.
31st January 2018, 03:47 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 784

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magisterludi

Hello, and thank you for enhancing your work to allow for stable compatibility with 6.0+.

I purchased XPrivacy several years ago, and enabling pro entailed keeping my xprivacy_license.txt on my sdcard.

Will my existing license file enable pro for xprivacylua? Or is the pro xprivacylua a separate purchase for a separate product?

Thank you again for helping ensure our privacy.

It is a separate purchase for a separate product.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orphee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Orphee Ad-Free
31st January 2018, 06:59 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Some people using the pro companion app without Google services installed are frequently flashing a new ROM, which resulted into the pro activation being deactivated. This was being solved by requesting a new activation until now, but this was both inconvenient for them and for me. This has been solved in version 0.24.

Thanks for clarification Marcel.
1st February 2018, 03:28 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Xlua Pro 0.24, Location: the Latitude and Longitude number range and negative number are now fixed, but found a new issue:
decimal point is not allowed.
1st February 2018, 09:00 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo

Xlua Pro 0.24, Location: the Latitude and Longitude number range and negative number are now fixed, but found a new issue:
decimal point is not allowed.

This problem has been solved in the just released version 0.25.

Changelog:
  • Fixed decimal point of latitude/longitude entry
  • Support for importing array of hook definitions
  • Added hook description and min/max APK version
  • Improved hook definition list layout
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread