Thanks Meter: 36,966

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 31st January 2018, 10:56 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
5th February 2018, 12:04 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

The just released version 0.30 allows you to enable/disable individual hooks per app.

Wow, this is huge, such a fine grain control? Wow
Thanks

BB

5th February 2018, 12:18 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing2003

Wow, this is huge, such a fine grain control? Wow
Thanks

BB

It will allow you to disable individual hooks which are causing trouble for an app without disabling all hooks of a restrictions (which is in fact a group of hooks).

I will even add the group name and the last time the hook was used in the next release, but this was enough for today and already quite useful as it is.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2018, 12:59 PM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just released version 0.31 which fixes a display bug and adds displaying group hooks.

The last used time of a hook will be displayed after the next update of XPrivacyLua.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2018, 01:07 PM |#24  
OP Recognized Developer

More
These kind of Play store comments are the reason why the pro companion app will be a beta version forever:

Quote:

Ich weiß nicht wie es den anderes geht, aber ich hab mir durch diese s***** Teilnahme, so dermaßen die mächtige Malware eingefangen! Ich werde soweit es mir möglich ist definitiv Meldung bei Google erstatten! Das geht zu weit...! Ich hoffe das sich deine Aktion rechnet. Interessieren Gangsta sind halt immer noch die wahren! Weiteres spare ich mir!

(I do not know how it works the other way, but I got through this s ***** participation, so captured the mighty malware! As far as I can, I will definitely report to Google! This goes too far...! I hope that your action pays off. Interesting Gangsta are still the true ones! I save more!)

Quote:

Totally unusable, uninstalling

Quote:

Why is the real app not out on play store yet. Do you think that's fair taking money from people And not giving them the app to use or functions. Because they use **beep** they should get robbed right. Just put a warning on you're app on play store and I'm done. But you won't because they all have it you won't sell anything.

Quote:

Hi, how to be refund, I have buy pro for change IMEI, I'd ect and he dosent work. Thanks

Quote:

貌似无法对某些app进行欺骗,只要勾选了,感觉就跟其他其它权限管理软件一样,就是直白的拒绝,没有给一 个假数值当作欺

(Seemingly unable to deceive certain app, as long as check, just like other rights management software, it is straightforward to refuse, did not give a fake value as a fraud)

Quote:

14€ ... Nein danke!

(14 € ... no thanks!)

Quote:

Can i have promo code?

Some people ...
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2018, 01:15 PM |#25  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Some people ...

That's the important part. Some. Don't get discouraged. You're doing a great job

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gothicVI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gothicVI Ad-Free
5th February 2018, 01:35 PM |#26  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicVI

That's the important part. Some. Don't get discouraged. You're doing a great job

Don't worry, I won't get discouraged. I quoted a few of the comments just to make clear why the pro companion app is and will stay a beta version (beta versions of an app don't have an average rating).
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2018, 02:19 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Yeah, well. Remember saying that there is at least some basic intelligence to be expected from users? The description of the app literally says XPL is required, yet some people still don't get it. Sometimes I wonder how such people are able to even survive when they pay that little attention
The Following User Says Thank You to Namnodorel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Namnodorel Ad-Free
5th February 2018, 02:26 PM |#28  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namnodorel

Yeah, well. Remember saying that there is at least some basic intelligence to be expected from users? The description of the app literally says XPL is required, yet some people still don't get it. Sometimes I wonder how such people are able to even survive when they pay that little attention

The pro companion app even checks if XPrivacyLua is installed and displays a message / link to the instructions if this is not the case.
Some people just don't read and/or have unreasonable expectations.
I guess those same people are not aware about privacy issues.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2018, 03:53 PM |#29  
OP Recognized Developer

More
You know what is really disturbing about 'some people' ?

They don't ask and will therefore learn nothing.
They are not giving another a chance to answer as well.

I guess their IQ have a low, fake value, lol.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2018, 04:04 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
But then we also gotta be fair and ask questions ourselves, in this case especially "Why is this person behaving that way?" I think only in very rare cases it's blunt stupidit. Some are just (consciously or sub-consciously) searching for something to hate. My guess is that they're actually compensating for something completely different that's bothering them.
Or someone might be overwhelmed by the complexity of everything around them and, as a defensive measure label everything as "good" or "bad", so once they've got an opinion on something (often without investigating thoroughly) they stick to it and everything associated with that is [insert insulting word here].
Or someone has already made a few bad experiences with scams and is now scared and extremely quick with labeling something as a scam.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Namnodorel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Namnodorel Ad-Free
5th February 2018, 04:09 PM |#31  
OP Recognized Developer

More
@Namnodorel absolutely and maybe that can be summarized by time to grow up and act as an adult.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread