AGM x2- [ Is there any support/interest for this model ?]

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By 1candydick, Member on 3rd November 2017, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2017, 10:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just ordered mine from Tomtop.com hoping to have it by Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrynn

They have MIL-STD-810G , so not sure why this would crack? Wouldn't that mean that certification would be worthless?

Just to be sure, what kind of heavy sign vinyl did you protect it with?

I was going for this phone to prevent to get additional protection, but now you have me worried.

I have read of one or two back glass screens cracking, I've also read that as per AGM the phone is still waterproof and dust proof with the back panel cracked. I think the mil spec is still good for the operation and gust of the phone just not the ascetic rear panel glass. I will be putting a layer of clear vinyl tape on my rear panel to help prevent a crack
9th December 2017, 11:55 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwind76

I have read of one or two back glass screens cracking, I've also read that as per AGM the phone is still waterproof and dust proof with the back panel cracked. I think the mil spec is still good for the operation and gust of the phone just not the ascetic rear panel glass. I will be putting a layer of clear vinyl tape on my rear panel to help prevent a crack

where did you read that? I have read only positive reviews so far, so I have missed those with the cracked glass.
will look into securing the back cover as well then if this is really a weak spot. Thanks for pointing it out!
The Following User Says Thank You to Thebrynn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebrynn Ad-Free
9th December 2017, 12:25 PM |#13  

More
Quote:

Getting this phone on Monday. I played around with the 64 GB version and I really like it.

Surprised there is not more interest in it. It has to be one of the best (if not the best) rugged phones out there.
And having some extra sensors and a big battery is really a plus in the field.

reading up on installing TWRP and Magisk on this phone, but not having much luck so far.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

They have MIL-STD-810G , so not sure why this would crack? Wouldn't that mean that certification would be worthless?

Just to be sure, what kind of heavy sign vinyl did you protect it with?

I was going for this phone to prevent to get additional protection, but now you have me worried.

I read it on the AGM fourm on facebook.
9th December 2017, 01:43 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

I read it on the AGM fourm on facebook.

I could not find any posts about this on the community page: can't post the link yet, but it is "facebookdotcom" and then "AGMphone/community"

What I have found is a bit more worrying though, complete lack of support and communication from AGM's side. :/
9th December 2017, 02:03 PM |#15  

More
Quote:

I could not find any posts about this on the community page: can't post the link yet, but it is "facebookdotcom" and then "AGMphone/community"

What I have found is a bit more worrying though, complete lack of support and communication from AGM's side. :/

The note on face book has a time stamp of Nov 14 at 9:27pm. I did notice all the comments about a lack of support, I also saw that AGM released a video of the testing for the X1 new operating system. In all I still bought the phone as it ticks all the right boxes. I dont relay need to have the latest and greatest updates, I just hope it will be reliable for the next few years.
9th December 2017, 02:10 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

The note on face book has a time stamp of Nov 14 at 9:27pm. I did notice all the comments about a lack of support, I also saw that AGM released a video of the testing for the X1 new operating system. In all I still bought the phone as it ticks all the right boxes. I dont relay need to have the latest and greatest updates, I just hope it will be reliable for the next few years.

Hear what you are saying, as I have never had to use phone support since my first mobile end of the 90's. We should be fine, and ideally Lineageos will be able to prolong the lifespan of this device.

on the page I have 'linked', there is no post dated November 14th. There is one from November 4th (Where's the X1 update?) and the next one is November 18th talking about supporting AGM as they seem to struggle.
9th December 2017, 02:17 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

Hear what you are saying, as I have never had to use phone support since my first mobile end of the 90's. We should be fine, and ideally Lineageos will be able to prolong the lifespan of this device.

on the page I have 'linked', there is no post dated November 14th. There is one from November 4th (Where's the X1 update?) and the next one is November 18th talking about supporting AGM as they seem to struggle.

this is the page is found it on https://www.facebook.com/AGMphone/

This is the post

Ulf Henriksen It seems to be a rugged phone, but the backside is shattered after two days in my pocket. I have been walking and in and out of my car. Not so impressed as my Sony xperia takes the same with no problems.
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · November 14 at 9:27pm

Its near the bottom of the second thread, right after some unboxing pics
10th December 2017, 03:46 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader? No way to install a recovery without doing so. The fastboot oem unlock command does not work.
Also, there's a video of a walnut breaking the back glass on youtube. Look up "AGM X2 Defeat walnut"
10th December 2017, 07:06 AM |#19  

More
Finally found a bit of a drop test. its in Chinese but you can watch the guy drop the phone several times from waist height
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCt7ipmOf7o
10th December 2017, 04:10 PM |#20  

More
Quote:

Finally found a bit of a drop test. its in Chinese but you can watch the guy drop the phone several times from waist height
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCt7ipmOf7o

and he actually put a water test with boiling water. Looks like a very hands on reviewer
11th December 2017, 09:46 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
+1 for the bootloader unlock!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agm x2, oreo, root, support, upgrade

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)