AGM x2- [ Is there any support/interest for this model ?]

Search This thread

1candydick

Sep 19, 2010
Hello awesome XDA community?
I was hoping to find info on upgrading this model to Oreo and information on getting root access also?
Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this in.

:confused:

Thank you ...

crusht

Jul 4, 2017
The only thing keeping me from buying this phone is first the price and second the fact that it will never get an update. Battery life looks really good.

calfax

Oct 2, 2017
Houston
Forum for AGM X1, X2 and other devices.

Hello awesome....Thank you ...

We don't have a large enough user base to merit our own forum yet. I think there are enough of us to begin development on the AGM devices. In the coming months I will petition XDA to give us our own forum....but I have to have something developed to justify that.

Right now, I am working on getting TWRP to install and porting Android N to the X1.
Next, I will then work on getting TWRP to run on the X2 and then try to port oreo.

I am using my X2 as my daily driver so I can't mess it up yet.

Since the X2 is the only phone with a nose, developing out software for the VOC sensor is also something I am exploring.

calfax

Oct 2, 2017
Houston
Wow. Are u liking the phone? Can u tell what sucks and what's great?

Yes, I am liking this phone. On the whole, I am very happy with it

What's great: I finally have a phone with a battery that does not run out. I average 30 to 40 percent battery drain in my daily use. Whereas for my old phone...I'd have to charge it after 8 hours of regular use. It's built like a brick - really solid construction. Supposedly waterproof but I have not tested that. 6G of memory and 128 G of storage. I can load a ton of apps on there and open a lot of them. 2 sims. It works on T-mobile in the US but it works on damn near every band in the world so I can use it when I travel. Reception is decent. Bluetooth behaves with all my peripherals. You can record 4k video using the Opencamera app. It has an FM radio you can use with headphones. The VOC sensor works.

What sucks: They made the back out of glass. I am afraid that if I drop it it will crack. So I covered mine with heavy sign vinyl to protect it. Audio volume is a bit low through the audio jack. The dual lense camera is kind of gimicky and the default app is not that great. It gives the background a kind of dreamy look...but that feature in the default camera app is a little hard to use.

tukes

Jan 15, 2010
root

I just ordered my AGM X2 6GB/128GB, looking forward.
Is there already know how to root?

Westwind76

Sep 8, 2013
I'm thinking of buying this phone for use in Canada on the Telus network and for world travel/work. It will be replacing my HTC one M9. I need something water prof that is reliable and will connect most places world wide. Also need a good camera and a good GPS and i love the floating cover. Dose anyone know if the model from chinavision includes the floating cover? Also are there any issues with the phone to consider before buying?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

How secure is the floating case? is it likely to fall off if dropped from a boat?

crusht

Jul 4, 2017

What's great: I finally have a phone with a battery that does not run out. I average 30 to 40 percent battery drain in my daily use. Whereas for my old phone...I'd have to charge it after 8 hours of regular use. It's built like a brick - really solid construction. Supposedly waterproof but I have not tested that. 6G of memory and 128 G of storage. I can load a ton of apps on there and open a lot of them. 2 sims. It works on T-mobile in the US but it works on damn near every band in the world so I can use it when I travel. Reception is decent. Bluetooth behaves with all my peripherals. You can record 4k video using the Opencamera app. It has an FM radio you can use with headphones. The VOC sensor works.

What sucks: They made the back out of glass. I am afraid that if I drop it it will crack. So I covered mine with heavy sign vinyl to protect it. Audio volume is a bit low through the audio jack. The dual lense camera is kind of gimicky and the default app is not that great. It gives the background a kind of dreamy look...but that feature in the default camera app is a little hard to use.

Thanks a lot. I so wanted to get this phone but I need an above average to pretty good camera and good GPS for work. I may still get it if the price goes down a little.

Last edited:

Thebrynn

Dec 9, 2017
Getting this phone on Monday. I played around with the 64 GB version and I really like it.

Surprised there is not more interest in it. It has to be one of the best (if not the best) rugged phones out there.
And having some extra sensors and a big battery is really a plus in the field.

reading up on installing TWRP and Magisk on this phone, but not having much luck so far.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

What sucks: They made the back out of glass. I am afraid that if I drop it it will crack. So I covered mine with heavy sign vinyl to protect it. A

They have MIL-STD-810G , so not sure why this would crack? Wouldn't that mean that certification would be worthless?

Just to be sure, what kind of heavy sign vinyl did you protect it with?

I was going for this phone to prevent to get additional protection, but now you have me worried. :)

Westwind76

Sep 8, 2013
Just ordered mine from Tomtop.com hoping to have it by Christmas.

They have MIL-STD-810G , so not sure why this would crack? Wouldn't that mean that certification would be worthless?

I was going for this phone to prevent to get additional protection, but now you have me worried. :)

I have read of one or two back glass screens cracking, I've also read that as per AGM the phone is still waterproof and dust proof with the back panel cracked. I think the mil spec is still good for the operation and gust of the phone just not the ascetic rear panel glass. I will be putting a layer of clear vinyl tape on my rear panel to help prevent a crack

Thebrynn

Dec 9, 2017
I have read of one or two back glass screens cracking, I've also read that as per AGM the phone is still waterproof and dust proof with the back panel cracked. I think the mil spec is still good for the operation and gust of the phone just not the ascetic rear panel glass. I will be putting a layer of clear vinyl tape on my rear panel to help prevent a crack

where did you read that? I have read only positive reviews so far, so I have missed those with the cracked glass.
will look into securing the back cover as well then if this is really a weak spot. Thanks for pointing it out!

Reactions: bakancs

Westwind76

Sep 8, 2013
Getting this phone on Monday. I played around with the 64 GB version and I really like it.

Surprised there is not more interest in it. It has to be one of the best (if not the best) rugged phones out there.
And having some extra sensors and a big battery is really a plus in the field.

reading up on installing TWRP and Magisk on this phone, but not having much luck so far.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I read it on the AGM fourm on facebook.

Westwind76

Sep 8, 2013
I could not find any posts about this on the community page: can't post the link yet, but it is "facebookdotcom" and then "AGMphone/community"

What I have found is a bit more worrying though, complete lack of support and communication from AGM's side. :/

The note on face book has a time stamp of Nov 14 at 9:27pm. I did notice all the comments about a lack of support, I also saw that AGM released a video of the testing for the X1 new operating system. In all I still bought the phone as it ticks all the right boxes. I dont relay need to have the latest and greatest updates, I just hope it will be reliable for the next few years.

Thebrynn

Dec 9, 2017
The note on face book has a time stamp of Nov 14 at 9:27pm. I did notice all the comments about a lack of support, I also saw that AGM released a video of the testing for the X1 new operating system. In all I still bought the phone as it ticks all the right boxes. I dont relay need to have the latest and greatest updates, I just hope it will be reliable for the next few years.

Hear what you are saying, as I have never had to use phone support since my first mobile end of the 90's. We should be fine, and ideally Lineageos will be able to prolong the lifespan of this device.

on the page I have 'linked', there is no post dated November 14th. There is one from November 4th (Where's the X1 update?) and the next one is November 18th talking about supporting AGM as they seem to struggle.

Westwind76

Sep 8, 2013
Hear what you are saying, as I have never had to use phone support since my first mobile end of the 90's. We should be fine, and ideally Lineageos will be able to prolong the lifespan of this device.

on the page I have 'linked', there is no post dated November 14th. There is one from November 4th (Where's the X1 update?) and the next one is November 18th talking about supporting AGM as they seem to struggle.

this is the page is found it on https://www.facebook.com/AGMphone/

This is the post

Ulf Henriksen It seems to be a rugged phone, but the backside is shattered after two days in my pocket. I have been walking and in and out of my car. Not so impressed as my Sony xperia takes the same with no problems.
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · November 14 at 9:27pm

Its near the bottom of the second thread, right after some unboxing pics

Alique01

Sep 25, 2013
Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader? No way to install a recovery without doing so. The fastboot oem unlock command does not work.
Also, there's a video of a walnut breaking the back glass on youtube. Look up "AGM X2 Defeat walnut"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Forum for AGM X1, X2 and other devices.

Hello awesome....Thank you ...

We don't have a large enough user base to merit our own forum yet. I think there are enough of us to begin development on the AGM devices. In the coming months I will petition XDA to give us our own forum....but I have to have something developed to justify that.

Right now, I am working on getting TWRP to install and porting Android N to the X1.
    Next, I will then work on getting TWRP to run on the X2 and then try to port oreo.

I am using my X2 as my daily driver so I can't mess it up yet.

Since the X2 is the only phone with a nose, developing out software for the VOC sensor is also something I am exploring.
    Wow. Are u liking the phone? Can u tell what sucks and what's great?

I managed to extract the boot img and patch it but it doesn't let me modify the one on the device. Were going to need to find out how to unlock the bootloader. Ill try bugging AGM on how to do it.
    No I'm referring to some posts that have been coming out in the past ~5 days or so. One of the website's called romzj and is in Chinese (requires a qq account to download though) said something about lineage 14.1 on AGM X2, has a screenshot of the settings page showing device being AGM X2, which could have obviously been photoshopped. Says LineageOS version is 14.1-20180424-UNOFFICIAL-T90.

The Romzj link worked for me, it put the phone into Chinese though. You have to navigate a bit then change the language over to English
    To get the boot.img ourselves we have to unlock the bootloader. If AGM provides the boot.img then its possible to patch it to install magisk without unlocking the bootloader.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I think I found the ROM:
    https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-nougat-7-1-firmware-agm-x2-phablet.html