FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android TV stuck on black bootloader

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By bergahisense, Junior Member on 13th June 2018, 04:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was trying to root a Hisense Android TV with 8.0, however, when I ran adb reboot bootloader, the TV is now stuck on a black screen and won't show on fast boot or adb devices.

Any ideas?

Tried connecting through USB (the TV only has two USB ports, and a mini jack service port). I was using a USB-A to USB-C cable for it, however, I never got it to work. I only got ADB through networking.

I have tried connecting through Ethernet.

13th June 2018, 06:13 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,342

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergahisense

I was trying to root a Hisense Android TV with 8.0,...

I've never done this before on a TV but, I believe that the following thread may be your best bet in obtaining some member guidance within it for your specific TV.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3150281

There's conversations within that thread regarding the Hisense TV's and seems to be fairly active as well.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
11th August 2019, 08:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergahisense

I was trying to root a Hisense Android TV with 8.0, however, when I ran adb reboot bootloader, the TV is now stuck on a black screen and won't show on fast boot or adb devices.

Any ideas?

Tried connecting through USB (the TV only has two USB ports, and a mini jack service port). I was using a USB-A to USB-C cable for it, however, I never got it to work. I only got ADB through networking.

I have tried connecting through Ethernet.

Did you try a USB A Male to USB A Male cable?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)