Blackview BV9000 Pro-F ROOT SUCCESS [TWRP + Magisk v16 + Stock Rom]

Search This thread
May 10, 2018
Osala
EDIT: included rough procedures for OEM unlocking, and updated link to recovery-verified.img (Sorry for uploading the wrong file ><)

Hi all bv9000 pro Users!

Recently I went on a journey to root this awesome rugged phone with one purspose: to remove that F*@(#&$ god awful loud annoying sound triggered by the OS when you use a camera app to take a picture + the boot startup sound (A bug blackview hasn't gotten around to fixing).

I successfully managed to port TWRP 3.1.1 from the Blackview bv8000 Pro and run it on the Blackview bv9000 Pro-f!
I've then managed to flash in Magisk to gain root access.

DISCLAIMER: I do not take responsibility for any bricked phones caused by the process, do so at your own risk (yadayadayada).

NOTE 1: Although I've got it running on the bv9000 Pro-F, this image should also work for the non-fullHD version, if someone can test this I'd be happy.
The link to the stock ROM (with the modified recovery img) can be found in the post below.
NOTE 2: No need to download anything other than what I've listed, Magisk is included in my custom recovery to circumvent the need to load the devices encrypted storage (or any other external storage) nothing stops you from mounting external usb storage.

What you'll need:
- USB Mouse (As there is no touchscreen input support, your device should have come with a usb-c otg cable so there's no problem here!)
- MediaTek SP Flash tools (I'd recommend the latest version) https://spflashtool.com/
- unlocked bootloader (You should be able to do this via the developer settings -> unlock OEM Bootloader)
EDIT: To unlock the boot loader, do the following:
1) Go to settings -> unlock OEM Bootloader (tick)
2) plug your device in (assuming you have ADB installed), use adb to access fastboot via. command prompt:
"adb reboot bootloader"
Then once the device is rebooted into fastboot mode
"fastboot oem unlock"
KEEP IN MIND THIS WILL REMOVE ANY FILES, so back them up :D

- I've done this with windows, but you should be able to repeat with linux no problems!
- A little patience

Pre-preparation:
First install any updates and back up your data (it's just easiest to use the google cloud backup as restoring becomes easy as pie, updating also fixes the setup wizard crashing on first setup). This is necessary because OTA updates cannot be performed with TWRP recovery, and flashing TWRP before doing OTA updates will flick the device into a recovery boot loop.

Install the SP Flash tools, and the MediaTek VCOM Drivers
(I won't link the specifics here, a quick google search should be able to help you, just note you might need to disable driver signature enforcement)

Two options for flashing:
1)
My Full Stock ROM already pre-prepared for flashing:
Patched ROM
No need for extra prep here! you should just be able to load the scatter

2)
My custom patched TWRP stock rom: recovery-verified.img
Blackiew's stock rom: stock rom

- Download the stock rom, backup the recovery-verified.img in the R06 folder, and then replace it with my custom patched TWRP stock rom (file name should be the same).
- Run "CheckSum_Gen.exe" once you replaced the file, it will generate the necessary checksum to allow SP flash tools to successfully flash recovery.

Once you've done with the pre-prep, switch off your device, take a deep breath and you're ready to go!

Steps!

1) Load up SP Flash Tools, select the android scatter file you've downloaded in the R06 folder
2) Select Download Only (I MEAN IT, FORMATTING WILL REMOVE YOUR IMEI AND RENDER THE PHONE USELESS)
3) Deselect everything but recovery (You only want to flash this)
4) Hit download
https://pasteboard.co/HkufwZZ.png

5) Hold volume up + power and plug in your phone, keep the volume up button held
6) very quickly the flash should be complete, and you should be greeted with a big ol' green tick to verify
https://pasteboard.co/HkuiTBB.png

7) Once you're done, remove your USB cable, plug in the OTG then we proceed to flash magisk
8) Hold power + volume up until you reach the bootloader, then use the menu to select recovery
9) You *should* be greeted with the TWRP recovery screen (Which is great success! :D)
DON'T PANIC IF YOU CANNOT USE THE TOUCH SCREEN, the kernel I've patched is missing this, seems the driver is different between touch screens, just plug in your OTG mouse to continue from here!
10) Use your mouse to first hit cancel, we don't need to decrypt the user data storage.
11) But oh no! it's all in Russian (no problem, Next step sorts that)
12) Use your mouse to navigate the menus as shown here to change to English! (or your preferred language) Change Language
13) Click install, then navigate up folder levels until you are in the root directory
14) scroll down and click on Magisk.zip, install it, allow it to install any apps as system apps (because this will then install to the system image, not the userdata)
15) reboot the phone (if it hasn't rebooted already)
16) You should be able to boot into your usual phones OS, if you don't see Magisk listed in your phone apps, just download it from here:
Magisk Manager
17) Congratulations! You should have complete root access :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Feel free to express your thanks, or list any problems you have, but keep in mind my studies take all my life, so I may not be able to help with all the problems you have :)

Last edited:
May 10, 2018
Osala
Hi!

From what I've seen they both run the helio p25 chip
(Just a difference in RAM size) so it should.

You're more than welcome to try.

Just keep a backup of the original ROMs recovery. If something goes wrong during the boot to recovery you can easily re flash :)

zlatkomas

Oct 31, 2013
Huawei P40 Pro
hi i tried both optinos but they didn't work for me

I tried the first and the second options and it was showed me same error:
ERROR: STATUS INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER(0XC0010007)
I tried download only, format all and download, if i install original ROM its installing without problems!
In settings-> developer options -> OEM unlocking is enabled
can someone give me tips if I'm doing something wrong. thanks
My phone is Blackview BV9000PRO-F

Last edited:

dingsje

Aug 24, 2015
Brughe
Hello,
i have the blackview 9000 pro Hd (not full hd)
i first tried your prepared patched rom = not working (get erorrers in step 6)
then i chose step 2 and i was thinking to use the stock rom from the NOT full hd rom
now i get a green screen from the flashing: but after rebooting in recovery nothing happens, just normal reboot then

perhaps this is not so clair for me:

- Download the stock rom, backup the recovery-verified.img in the R06 folder, and then replace it with my custom patched TWRP stock rom (file name should be the same).
- Run "CheckSum_Gen.exe" once you replaced the file, it will generate the necessary checksum to allow SP flash tools to successfully flash recovery.

the file name you posted here " My custom patched TWRP stock rom: recovery-verified.img" is ramdisk-recovery.img
i replaced the ramdisk-recovery.img... it is not clair need to replace recovery-verified.img to?

May 10, 2018
Osala
>I tried the first and the second options and it was >showed me same error:
>ERROR: STATUS INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER(0XC0010007)
> tried download only, format all and download, if i install >original ROM its installing without problems!
>can someone give me tips if I'm doing something wrong. >thanks
>My phone is Blackview BV9000PRO-F

Hi, you need to unlock the OEM bootloader, if this is still locked it will prevent the flashing of custom ROMS.

I might've missed this step, will update post as necessary.

May 10, 2018
Osala
>
Hello,
>i have the blackview 9000 pro Hd (not full hd)
>i first tried your prepared patched rom = not working >(get erorrers in step 6)
>then i chose step 2 and i was thinking to use the stock >rom from the NOT full hd rom
>now i get a green screen from the flashing: but after >rebooting in recovery nothing happens, just normal >reboot then

>perhaps this is not so clair for me:

>- Download the stock rom, backup the recovery->verified.img in the R06 folder, and then replace it with >my custom patched TWRP stock rom (file name should >be the same).
>- Run "CheckSum_Gen.exe" once you replaced the file, >it will generate the necessary checksum to allow SP >flash tools to successfully flash recovery.

>the file name you posted here " My custom patched >TWRP stock rom: recovery-verified.img" is ramdisk->recovery.img
>i replaced the ramdisk-recovery.img... it is not clair >need to replace recovery-verified.img to?

Hi,

I've uploaded the wrong file, the uploaded file should be recovery-verified.img.
I'm uploading a new file and will correct the link now,
Please accept my apologies ><

zlatkomas

Oct 31, 2013
Huawei P40 Pro
>I tried the first and the second options and it was >showed me same error:
>ERROR: STATUS INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER(0XC0010007)
> tried download only, format all and download, if i install >original ROM its installing without problems!
>can someone give me tips if I'm doing something wrong. >thanks
>My phone is Blackview BV9000PRO-F

Hi, you need to unlock the OEM bootloader, if this is still locked it will prevent the flashing of custom ROMS.

I might've missed this step, will update post as necessary.
I already did this step:
Enable developer options-> OEM unlocking is enabled
Is that enough for this MTK phone to be unlocked the bootloader ?
And tried the both options but the results are same.
I have been unlocking bootloaders on many phones but first time MTK phones. If i try with adb commands it recognize when is in the android with command adb devices and show my device but if I try reboot bootloader and check in device manager in windows its show its connected and drives are correct but if i try to show the devices, it doesn't show any device connected

Last edited:
May 10, 2018
Osala
Hi,

You need to install fastboot drivers once it's in bootloader mode,
then use fastboot, not adb.

"fastboot oem unlock"

Then follow instructions.

simply doing settings -> oem unlock won't unlock the bootloader, it allows you to do so later via. fastboot

Check the original post, I've added the extra instructions :) sorry about the confusion!

zlatkomas

Oct 31, 2013
Huawei P40 Pro
Thanks a lot. I finally succeeded to unlock the bootloader and root my phone and install the magisk.. I did without use your rom just I unlocked the bootloader and install your twrp file and after in the recovery mode i format the data and istall magic and i still have the last updated android.
I hope this it ill help to other people. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180523-001702.png
    Screenshot_20180523-001702.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 754
  • Screenshot_20180523-001748.png
    Screenshot_20180523-001748.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 744
May 10, 2018
Osala
Thanks a lot. I finally succeeded to unlock the bootloader and root my phone and install the magisk.. I did without use your rom just I unlocked the bootloader and install your twrp file and after in the recovery mode i format the data and istall magic and i still have the last updated android.

I'm glad ^______^

Enjoy your rooted phone :D

Reactions: zlatkomas

IzidroMartins

Jun 19, 2018
Congratulations .... I need a tip,.

And, brother, thank you very much. Worked perfectly.
But first I would like to get you a tip ..
One of the main reasons I have done all this complicated process was to be able to disable the crap of the loud music that plays when the device is started.
I want complete silence at startup.
How do I disable this ****?
;)

Osteve

Jun 19, 2018
Code for Huawei mobile Wi-Fi e5577s-321

Pls help unlock my Huawei mobile Wi-Fi e5577s-321
Imei

IzidroMartins

Jun 19, 2018
TWRP looping after OTA update

My dear, the procedure worked very well, until an OTA update was downloaded.
You are now looping on TWRP. How do I get out of this?
:crying:

May 10, 2018
Osala
help!
i missed to run wireless software update,so ROM clashed.
How can i re-install custom ROM?

Hi guys, lemme apologize for disappearing, life and whatnot!

For those stuck in a TWRP boot loop, simply restoring the original recovery then restarting the phone will be enough to fix the problem.

(Actually you really don't need TWRP after the phone is rooted, maybe I should update the guide?)

seym78

Dec 19, 2010
Many Thanks

First off, thank you for your hard work. Loved the "**** it we have an OTG cable let's use it" haha. It works fine for me.
Second, do you happen to know if someone has ported Oreo on our bv9000 ? Or do you know of any ETA ?

Thanks again,
Cheers

smfwiz

Jul 20, 2011
Anyone tried on the BV9000 Pro? Don't think mine is 'F' OR 'Fhd'.... I must have first model brought out...

CharlieK0031

Jan 20, 2018
Ugh.. Windows and Drivers?!?!

I keep getting Driver not Recognized in Windows 7 Pro X86.

I installed the latest vcom/usb drivers, in legacy also. No Go.
I installed from several other sources the drivers, including the Automatic Mediatek driver install. No Go.

So if anyone has a tip for me, please let me know because once more Windows is proving itself ridiculous. I can't even get to the storage of my phone. Did something change with a Windows Update that it's not allowed anymore?

I put my BV9000 Pro in OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. I backupped everything. My phone is ready for it. It's as ready as Amy having coitus with Sheldon for the first time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: included rough procedures for OEM unlocking, and updated link to recovery-verified.img (Sorry for uploading the wrong file ><)

Hi all bv9000 pro Users!

Recently I went on a journey to root this awesome rugged phone with one purspose: to remove that F*@(#&$ god awful loud annoying sound triggered by the OS when you use a camera app to take a picture + the boot startup sound (A bug blackview hasn't gotten around to fixing).

I successfully managed to port TWRP 3.1.1 from the Blackview bv8000 Pro and run it on the Blackview bv9000 Pro-f!
    I've then managed to flash in Magisk to gain root access.

DISCLAIMER: I do not take responsibility for any bricked phones caused by the process, do so at your own risk (yadayadayada).

NOTE 1: Although I've got it running on the bv9000 Pro-F, this image should also work for the non-fullHD version, if someone can test this I'd be happy.
    The link to the stock ROM (with the modified recovery img) can be found in the post below.
    NOTE 2: No need to download anything other than what I've listed, Magisk is included in my custom recovery to circumvent the need to load the devices encrypted storage (or any other external storage) nothing stops you from mounting external usb storage.

What you'll need:
    - USB Mouse (As there is no touchscreen input support, your device should have come with a usb-c otg cable so there's no problem here!)
    - MediaTek SP Flash tools (I'd recommend the latest version) https://spflashtool.com/
    - unlocked bootloader (You should be able to do this via the developer settings -> unlock OEM Bootloader)
    EDIT: To unlock the boot loader, do the following:
    1) Go to settings -> unlock OEM Bootloader (tick)
    2) plug your device in (assuming you have ADB installed), use adb to access fastboot via. command prompt:
    "adb reboot bootloader"
    Then once the device is rebooted into fastboot mode
    "fastboot oem unlock"
    KEEP IN MIND THIS WILL REMOVE ANY FILES, so back them up :D

- I've done this with windows, but you should be able to repeat with linux no problems!
    - A little patience

Pre-preparation:
    First install any updates and back up your data (it's just easiest to use the google cloud backup as restoring becomes easy as pie, updating also fixes the setup wizard crashing on first setup). This is necessary because OTA updates cannot be performed with TWRP recovery, and flashing TWRP before doing OTA updates will flick the device into a recovery boot loop.

Install the SP Flash tools, and the MediaTek VCOM Drivers
    (I won't link the specifics here, a quick google search should be able to help you, just note you might need to disable driver signature enforcement)

Two options for flashing:
    1)
    My Full Stock ROM already pre-prepared for flashing:
    Patched ROM
    No need for extra prep here! you should just be able to load the scatter

2)
    My custom patched TWRP stock rom: recovery-verified.img
    Blackiew's stock rom: stock rom

Once you've done with the pre-prep, switch off your device, take a deep breath and you're ready to go!

Steps!

1) Load up SP Flash Tools, select the android scatter file you've downloaded in the R06 folder
    2) Select Download Only (I MEAN IT, FORMATTING WILL REMOVE YOUR IMEI AND RENDER THE PHONE USELESS)
    3) Deselect everything but recovery (You only want to flash this)
    4) Hit download
    https://pasteboard.co/HkufwZZ.png

5) Hold volume up + power and plug in your phone, keep the volume up button held
    6) very quickly the flash should be complete, and you should be greeted with a big ol' green tick to verify
    https://pasteboard.co/HkuiTBB.png

7) Once you're done, remove your USB cable, plug in the OTG then we proceed to flash magisk
    8) Hold power + volume up until you reach the bootloader, then use the menu to select recovery
    9) You *should* be greeted with the TWRP recovery screen (Which is great success! :D)
    DON'T PANIC IF YOU CANNOT USE THE TOUCH SCREEN, the kernel I've patched is missing this, seems the driver is different between touch screens, just plug in your OTG mouse to continue from here!
    10) Use your mouse to first hit cancel, we don't need to decrypt the user data storage.
    11) But oh no! it's all in Russian (no problem, Next step sorts that)
    12) Use your mouse to navigate the menus as shown here to change to English! (or your preferred language) Change Language
    13) Click install, then navigate up folder levels until you are in the root directory
    14) scroll down and click on Magisk.zip, install it, allow it to install any apps as system apps (because this will then install to the system image, not the userdata)
    15) reboot the phone (if it hasn't rebooted already)
    16) You should be able to boot into your usual phones OS, if you don't see Magisk listed in your phone apps, just download it from here:
    Magisk Manager
    17) Congratulations! You should have complete root access :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Feel free to express your thanks, or list any problems you have, but keep in mind my studies take all my life, so I may not be able to help with all the problems you have :)

I'm glad ^______^

Enjoy your rooted phone :D
    Hello, I have done all the steps and install the TWRP in recovery and when I tried to install the Magisk.zip with usb otg mouse there is a problem and says ''failed''.
    I have restarted my blackview pro 9000 and do not open appear the logo Blackview and stay there.
    What can I do to resolve it?
    Is there any solution?

Hi, please accept my apologies for coming in late.

Please download the latest ROM from the blackview website, flash it using sp_flash tools then try again!
    Hi mate, what i could tell u from my experience. I have same phone , bv9000pro-f, If u first try to root with those files from this forum. u will have rooted and u could install custom application or delete some system app but It won't update to the last version because it will be rooted. or it will be stuck in loop when it will start to boot.. what i did, it was first update the last version and after that I rooted with twrp and custom boot patch and it was working for me. If u are still interesting how to do it. i could upload my patches. and maybe i will make youtube instruction how to do it. for u. i hope i answered all your questions. if u need more info feel free and contact me...
    Please do you still have twrp? Link is no longer working. Thanks

Here is what I have:

TWRP 3.1.1 for Blackview BV9000 Pro (don't know what is this version)
    TWRP 3.1.1 for Blackview BV9000 Pro + Magisk 1.6
    TWRP 3.2.1 for Blackview BV9000 Pro
    [ROOT] [MAGISK] (Without Recovery) Root your device with MAGISK Without Recovery.html
    MT6757_Android_scatter.zip

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bqvy7t5tz3rvne/TWRP BV9000 Pro.rar?dl=0

;)