FORUMS

Blu Advance 4.0 L2 (A030U) - Custom Recovery TWRP and root

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By contrerasojuanc, Junior Member on 31st March 2017, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

First of all be carefull, Nobody will be responsible for bricking your device but yourself.

I compiled twrp 3.0 for blu advance 4.0 l2 (A030U) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...TRXVk84aWJTUjA here the sources https://github.com/contrerasojuanc/d...vance_l2_A030U, thanks to @Dees_Troy and its guide on https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625. So, in order to install it on this device, we will need to unlock bootloader (Factory reset needed), and flash TWRP recovery on recovery partition.
  • Settings -> About device -> Compilation number click multiple times to get new developer options menu.
  • Enable Unlock OEM.
  • On terminal:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  • On terminal:
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
  • On terminal:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp_a030u.img
  • On terminal:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    (Immediately press and hold Volumen + on device until custome recovery shows up.)

In order to achieve root on this device, we need to install from TWRP a Supersu system-mode, available thanks to @mauam, it can be get at https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...-mode-t3286120 (I used SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SYSTEMMODE.zip).
Note that maybe /system need to be mounted as writeable, so first mount System and then, on TRWP's terminal:
Code:
/system/bin/mount -o remount,rw /system

Hope, it can be useful somehow. Any questions, please let me know.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to contrerasojuanc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift contrerasojuanc Ad-Free
9th May 2017, 05:22 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I did everything right but I can not get root
9th May 2017, 08:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Could you give more detail on how you installed supersu in system mode? I used the command mount -o remount,rw /system (replacing /system with the actual system folder path I found using the mount command in twrp temrinal) BUT discovered system remained read-only and everywhere I searched says you need to have root access to mount it as re-writeable.
I installed the zip you used anyways but am now stuck at the BLU logo screen. What should I do now?
The Following User Says Thank You to 4mand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4mand Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 04:50 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by talesgs

I did everything right but I can not get root

Please give me more details of what was done, in order to try to help
10th May 2017, 04:56 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mand

Could you give more detail on how you installed supersu in system mode? I used the command mount -o remount,rw /system (replacing /system with the actual system folder path I found using the mount command in twrp temrinal) BUT discovered system remained read-only and everywhere I searched says you need to have root access to mount it as re-writeable.
I installed the zip you used anyways but am now stuck at the BLU logo screen. What should I do now?

The command I used for get writable /system was
Code:
exactly that one, remember that if you are in TWRP you have root access in recovery partition, so /system can be set as writeable from there. Probably you need to flash recovery and system partition again. I have those partitions from my stock device, let me know if want to give it a try.
10th May 2017, 06:17 PM |#6  

More
Did you type any commands before that? I get the error "sh: /system/bin/mount: not found".
It would be great if you could link the stock partitions.
10th May 2017, 08:44 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Did you type any commands before that? I get the error "sh: /system/bin/mount: not found".
It would be great if you could link the stock partitions.

No command before, this is what I did:
1. In TWRP tap Mount menu, then check "Mount system partition read-only" then check "System", then middle bottom button (Home). (So now we have /system partition mount but as RO)
2. Tap Advance menu, Terminal and type
Code:
3. Now if all goes alright, we should have /system writeable.
4. With /system writeable, tap on Install menu, select the Supersu file (Only this worked for me SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SYSTEMMODE.zip).
5. Deviced rooted.

Ok, I'll try to upload the partitions tonight, while you could search the rom in web.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to contrerasojuanc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift contrerasojuanc Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 11:01 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrerasojuanc

No command before, this is what I did:
1. In TWRP tap Mount menu, then check "Mount system partition read-only" then check "System", then middle bottom button (Home). (So now we have /system partition mount but as RO)
2. Tap Advance menu, Terminal and type

Code:
3. Now if all goes alright, we should have /system writeable.
4. With /system writeable, tap on Install menu, select the Supersu file (Only this worked for me SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SYSTEMMODE.zip).
5. Deviced rooted.

Ok, I'll try to upload the partitions tonight, while you could search the rom in web.

Yes, what you describe is exactly what I did on a previously stock device, but with the same issue on terminal I posted before. After ignoring that, and sideloading the supersu .zip you used, the device gets stuck on the second BLU logo screen on boot, no hope getting back to system. Hopefully it works the second time around with stock partitions...
The Following User Says Thank You to 4mand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4mand Ad-Free
11th May 2017, 12:49 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

Yes, what you describe is exactly what I did on a previously stock device, but with the same issue on terminal I posted before. After ignoring that, and sideloading the supersu .zip you used, the device gets stuck on the second BLU logo screen on boot, no hope getting back to system. Hopefully it works the second time around with stock partitions...

Also here
;-;
13th May 2017, 05:41 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

Donate to Me
More
Blu Advance 4.0 L2 (A030U) rom partitions
Blu Advance 4.0 L2 (A030U) stock rom partitions
HTML Code:
https://ufile.io/j6925
Inside there is a scatter file to use with flashtools
The Following User Says Thank You to contrerasojuanc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift contrerasojuanc Ad-Free
13th May 2017, 05:48 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrerasojuanc

Blu Advance 4.0 L2 (A030U) rom partitions

HTML Code:
https://ufile.io/j6925
Inside there is a scatter file to use with flashtools

rooted? or stock?
The Following User Says Thank You to talesgs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift talesgs Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)