FORUMS

Will a custom rom interfere with WiFi Calling?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Grady03, Junior Member on 26th March 2020, 12:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My company have just given me a Samsung Galaxy A40. I’d like to put the Pixel Experience Rom on to it. However, if doing this will compromise WiFi Calling I may need to reconsider, as this feature is essential due to poor reception where I live.

So my question is: Will rooting and installing a custom rom interfere with WiFi Calling?

My companies network provider is BT OnePhone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grady03 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Grady03 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 12:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It can only be answer by your custom rom's devs. Try to read another users comments, about this specific ROM. But, in my experience in custom rom, i never face any problem like this. I used to have Xiaomi.Eu on my Mi 9T Pro.

Enviado de meu Mi 9T Pro usando o Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to neuhausmatheus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neuhausmatheus Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 12:24 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady03

My company have just given me a Samsung Galaxy A40. I’d like to put the Pixel Experience Rom on to it. However, if doing this will compromise WiFi Calling I may need to reconsider, as this feature is essential due to poor reception where I live.

So my question is: Will rooting and installing a custom rom interfere with WiFi Calling?

My companies network provider is BT OnePhone.

I'd say if the company you work for gave you a phone for work related stuff, it's still their property. You shouldn't even consider to unlock bootloader and void warranty.
But to answer your question, Samsung (exynos devices) have never had volte or wifi calling working on custom roms unless they're based on a samsung rom.
For Pixel Experience, no it won't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tys0n Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)