FORUMS

False success with KingRoot

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By DMXrated, Junior Member on 5th July 2019, 05:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just tried to root my Redmi Note 5 with Kingroot. The option "Try root" is there, I tap that, the percentage rises all the way to 100 while below reads "Acquiring Root". A checkmark appears when it reaches 100, and it then says:

Root successful
Scanning Root security

Then I see a new percentage rise, entitled "Security index". It reaches 93 and shows an "Optimize" option, I tap that, it makes the rest of its way to 100, and then says "Optimize" again, displays a loading screen, and gives me three different versions of Kingroot to choose from. Whichever one I choose, it then urges me to either leave 5 stars or share with a friend. The former leads to a screen that just says "Item not found."

I go all the way back to the first screen, and it once again says "Device is not Root yet".

Even Root Checker confirms that it had in fact failed to root.

What am I doing wrong here?
6th July 2019, 03:30 AM |#2  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,605

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMXrated

I just tried to root my Redmi Note 5 with Kingroot..........

I don't have this device myself but, I had performed a quick search regarding KingRoot and your specific device.

It looks like KingRoot doesn't play well with many of the Redmi devices reflecting allot of issues (with little/no success). To be honest, I personally am not a fan of KingRoot specifically.

I just wanted to point out that the following Device Dedicated Area of the Forum is specific to your device (& it's 5 Plus cousin).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5

I also see that @SubwayChamp is an active member there who may be able to chime in here and provide you with a little guidance as well (not to put My Friend in the spotlight... LOL! ).

This is the best guidance I can provide you and I do wish you the best of luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
6th July 2019, 07:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 878

More
Quote:

I just tried to root my Redmi Note 5 with Kingroot. The option "Try root" is there, I tap that, the percentage rises all the way to 100 while below reads "Acquiring Root". A checkmark appears when it reaches 100, and it then says:

Root successful
Scanning Root security

Then I see a new percentage rise, entitled "Security index". It reaches 93 and shows an "Optimize" option, I tap that, it makes the rest of its way to 100, and then says "Optimize" again, displays a loading screen, and gives me three different versions of Kingroot to choose from. Whichever one I choose, it then urges me to either leave 5 stars or share with a friend. The former leads to a screen that just says "Item not found."

I go all the way back to the first screen, and it once again says "Device is not Root yet".

I´m in the same wagon with @Ibuprophen, KingRoot, KingoRoot and similar are not of my like at all and I wont recommend them.

The procedure to root this device is pretty easy with the lot of development around it either Vince or Whyred you have to follow the next:
- Unlock bootloader.
- Install/flash a custom recovery of your preference.
- Flash Magisk through it.

In the case you have Whyred an additional step must be required; don´t flash recovery directly from fastboot but boot on it and flash the zip or image once you booted to recovery.

To can boot up to system for first time you might need to format data or flash a sort or DM-Verity to avoid integrity control at boot process but most of custom recovery have this feature in-built.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
6th July 2019, 11:23 PM |#4  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 88

More
KingRoot
Quote:

Root successful
Scanning Root security

There are times when Kingrooot/Kingoroot is breeze there are times when it might even corrupt your device. Kingroot is most suitable with MTK , Rockchip, Amlogic chip of yesteryears. MTK devices before are "open" never heard of bootlock on MTK of yesteryears (2-3 years ago) , that is where Kingroot/Kingoroot is most suitable. But the MTK Pxx series it is a no go and for any Kirin(Huawei), Snapdragon, Exynos powered devices. Your problem is not unique "reports a successful root" but is actually not rooted after reboot (I presume). All I can offer my opinion is that your bootloader is "locked". You need to "fastboot" a "modified bootloader" before attempting to root even with SuperSU/Magisk. On my devices out the 11 deices I owned only 2 are on Kingroot the rest are on SuperSU and I never touch Magisk.
22nd May 2020, 04:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Root
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)