Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[GUIDE] HISENSE A2 Flashing ( ROM-L1261.6.03.09.00 ) with QPST

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By baistan, Junior Member on 16th September 2017, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi
Because the full lack of information about this phone i've decide to post here a method to flash Hisense A2 using Qfil for those who have such format ROM.
So let's begin with preparation. What you will need
1. Universal android ADB driver http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
2. QPST version 2.7.438 https://archive.org/download/QPST.2.7.438
3. Appropriate ROM version for Hisense A2
(SPECIAL THANKS TO VEROWEED for it) here is link for ver 6.03.09.00 witch unclude multilanguage and Gapps. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6N...ew?usp=sharing
This is all. And we can begin process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Install QPST and ADB driver , Make sure phone is atleast 50% charged ,plug phone usb to PC or Laptop , enable usb debuging on pop up menu. Now you should see it in device manage as : Android Composite ADB interface.

2. On Usb menu sellect CD-ROM type of connection.

3. Open My computer check on cd roms and double click to install hisense drivers.

you should see in device manager now

4. Keep phone pluged and dial *1973461# it should open System info menu , enter in debug setting and check Auto load usb device.

5. Unplug and plug again usb to phone in device manager must be appered:

6. Now find QPST in start menu and start Qfil

7. Setup Qfil like that:

8. Press download button and wait flashing process (the phone reboot to EDL MODE black screen and flash the rom in qloader 9008 mode do not touch or unplug) .
When download succeed message appear unplug phone and reboot it mannually by pressing power button for around 10sec.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to baistan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baistan Ad-Free

19th September 2017, 04:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hi @all

Better do not believe www.needrom.com and other pages if they say you can download a multilingual update of the firmware there.
They muck around, cheating you. Cause they just have chinese-english versions without gapps anyhow they say it is multilingual firmware including all.
This firmware may be origin, but unfortunately no international version.
I did this mistake... and had a phone, I can't use anymore after the "upgrade".

For all who did same fault, here you can download the origin and really multilingual firmware 6.03.09.00 (with all known bugs) and gapps the Hisense A2 was delivered with.
With this, you can restore your Hisense A2 back to it's origin state.
Better having some bugs than a firmware with no Google Play Store on the device and no home language on it.

After following the manual in #1, my A2 works again finally like new bought.

Thanks a lot to the thread-opener for doing this fine work.

kind regards

Veronica
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veroweed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veroweed Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 02:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
Are gapps included in Qfil flashed? Also, need to reinstall all existing apps?
Kind regards,

Edward
20th September 2017, 04:02 PM |#4  

More
Hi,
QFil is just the application you need to install the ROM onto your Hisense A2.
The firmware (ROM) contains Google Play Store (with all needed components) and GMail.
After flashing your Smartphone is like bought new - empty. Just the ROM with included apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to veroweed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veroweed Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 04:38 PM |#5  

More
Thanks a lot indeed.
22nd September 2017, 01:22 AM |#6  

More
Hi,

glad, I could help.🙂

btw... having a big problem with this buggy multilingual firmware.

Beside the not opening App-Manager, the Doce-Manager won't open also (settings - battery- battery optimization), where I can exclude apps from deep sleep.
Since no app like my Whatsapp and Aquamail shows it's notifications after device is sleeping half an hour, I really need this setting-page or another option to avoid this problems by excluding this apps from doze.

Anyone a idea, what I could do? Any app availiable perhaps, to replace origin power-optimizing page or another way to open the doze-settings?

kind regards

Vero
The Following User Says Thank You to veroweed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veroweed Ad-Free
22nd September 2017, 05:04 PM |#7  

More
Thanks Baistan and Vero,
The rom with gapps work fine. BTW, shall I upgrade official fireware?
Regarding deep sleep issue, you may search "memory cleanup" in setting and turn it off. Alternatively, add those apps you don't want to be frozen into 'white list' on the same panel.
Kind regards,

Edward
22nd September 2017, 08:56 PM |#8  

More
Hi Edward,
Thanks, but I did the settings, you suggested already.
But "WhatsApp" won't give a notification nor receive messages after device is sleeping half an hour.
What you mean with "Upgrade official fireware"? I just had offer to upgrade the "Vision-Launcher". Since I did this, "Vision-Launcher" displays a message "Upgrading..." each start of the device.
Thinking cause Root is missing, the Upgrade is installed just temporary and not static. So better leave it. Found no way to remove this upgrade to avoid the message while booting.
23rd September 2017, 12:06 PM |#9  

More
Hi Veto,
Maybe, you just a full page widget foe WhatsApp as a temp solution.
I may follow to upgrade the Vision Launcher too. Because its reading mode could provide a clear and better view on eink monitor.
Kind regards,

Edward
23rd September 2017, 08:14 PM |#10  

More
Hi Edward,

I use the Nova-Launcher, cause I like 5 icons a row on screen instead of the Vision launcher with just having 4 of them.

For the Whatsapp notifications, it seems, I found a working solution.
Beside the Power-settings you have suggested, and I already did before, it was neccesary to open WhatsApp, then tip the lower square button and open the task-manager. Here I had to push the Whatsapp-task down out of the screen. Then a lock-symbol appeared in the upper right corner of WhatsApp-task in the task-manager.
By doing this, WhatsApp notifications, sound and vibratings appears every time, independently the time the Hisense was in DeepSleep-Mode.
Works as well with my prefered mail-app AquaMail and all other apps with notifications running in background.
Now I can live with the bugs of the A2.

As Hisense told, just the english-chinese Firmware is origin by Hisense. The multilingual version is from other developers and has no support by Hisense.
So may possible this firmware will get never an update, perhaps.

Kind regards and wish a nice weekend @all.

Vero
24th September 2017, 07:58 AM |#11  

More
Hi Vero,
That's great.
I have encountered another issue. Keyboard doesn't pop up when I use the eink panel, so I am only able to text on LED side. Any hints to solve this.
Have a nice weekend too!
Keep regards,

Edward
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)