Galaxy A3 FRP Unlock

Search This thread

Frank-95

Jul 29, 2017
Hello.

I've just discovered that I can't switch my phone on because it says "custom recovery block by frp lock". I know there are numerous threads on this forum and other websites describing this problem and ways to solve it, included mantaining data.

Every method requires the download of the same version firmware you had installed on your phone. The problem is that I cannot really remember if I kept my Galaxy A3 2016 to 5.1 or I upgraded it to 6.0. Obviously I cannot check it by phone since I cannot even boot, nor via adb since it isn't able to recognise the phone in the download mode.

So firstly: is there a way to retrieve the firware code, or at least, the android version of my phone? Can adb recognise the phone in downlaod mode?

Secondly. According to this link in xda, that user was able to solve the problem using some kind of firmware image (QB1), which seems to be an upgrade. Is that method valid for other samsung phones? For my A3, should I follow the same steps with the correct firmware version?

Thanks in advance

-Hope-

Oct 29, 2016
Hello.

I've just discovered that I can't switch my phone on because it says "custom recovery block by frp lock". I know there are numerous threads on this forum and other websites describing this problem and ways to solve it, included mantaining data.

Every method requires the download of the same version firmware you had installed on your phone. The problem is that I cannot really remember if I kept my Galaxy A3 2016 to 5.1 or I upgraded it to 6.0. Obviously I cannot check it by phone since I cannot even boot, nor via adb since it isn't able to recognise the phone in the download mode.

So firstly: is there a way to retrieve the firware code, or at least, the android version of my phone? Can adb recognise the phone in downlaod mode?

Secondly. According to this link in xda, that user was able to solve the problem using some kind of firmware image (QB1), which seems to be an upgrade. Is that method valid for other samsung phones? For my A3, should I follow the same steps with the correct firmware version?

Thanks in advance

1.install KIES
2.press tools
3.press frimware upgrade and installation
4.device id is your device model and serial number can be found under battery
5. allow kies to download and install the image
Video link for more help : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqoX7wNhotk
:eek::eek: good luck
Edit: please remember to enable OEM unlock in developer options next time ;)

Frank-95

Jul 29, 2017
So, I had already tried with Smartswitch, but it says device not supported and does not link at all.

Moreover yes, the computer could read the phone before the frp lock, and even now, odin can detect it in download mode.

Kies just loads for some minutes and then says "unable to link to the device"

EDIT: no sorry kies raises "the device does not respond"

Last edited:

-Hope-

Oct 29, 2016
ok we need to flash using odin , i assume you can't access recovery but if you tried and it worked, look at the top of the screen it must show a code like
<your A3 model> followed by <your country> followed by <frimware date>
If you couldnt, we can use an updated version for your model , please provide us with the model if u can.

Frank-95

Jul 29, 2017
I can only acces to odin mode. Via that, I have the following text:

Product name is: SM-A310F
Current binary: Custom (it was rooted)
System status: Custom
FRP LOCK: ON
Secure Download: Enabled
Knox Warranty Void: 1
RP SWREV: B:2 K:0 S:0

I am sure that the phone had Vodafone pre-installed applications, and looking at mrcrab.net there exist these possible stock firmware:

Android 5
Android 5
Android 6
Android 6

I only fear that if I mistaken the version I will obtain a wipe of my data, which are not vital but are important to me

-Hope-

Oct 29, 2016
Actually there is no way to avoid the reset as we don't know anything about the PDA version, install the drivers type in google "USB Samsung drivers"
It must show developer.Samsung.com/....
I'm on phone so I can't provide it as a link, install the drivers and try again, else we will get the latest version

Frank-95

Jul 29, 2017
I already have samsung usb drivers, and odin can succesfully detect the phone in download mode; Kies cannot, though

Anyway, if you open one of the links I posted, isn't the PDA shown in the line:
OS Version : A310FXXU1AOLE (chosen one as example)

In that website there is every stock firmware by model, android version, and mobile operator. I know two out of three, and those 4 links are the 4 possible choices regarding android version. If I picked the right one, would I avoid the data reset, wouldn't I?

EDIT: What, if I did how it is explained here with the latest version? I mean download android 6 last upgrade, extract it, rename .tar.md5 in .tar and flah it with odin? Would it be any risk of loosing data?

Last edited:

-Hope-

Oct 29, 2016
Hello,
.MD5 lets odin checksum the rom loaded to it to make sure it's not corrupted, however if you are sure of two main things:
that the frimware you are flashing isn't a downgrade as downgrading flashs a old bootloader which gets you in some kind of troubles possibly a brick, to avoid that, grab the latest version

and the second thing you must make sure of is that the file isn't anyway corrupted.

if you think it's all ok, then you can proceed as of i tried it once and it saved a device.

Reactions: Frank-95

Frank-95

Jul 29, 2017
Okay, I'm sure now that my android version was 6.0.1 because I read that 5.1 didn't have single app permissions manager, and I definetely remember that I had it.

According to this page, I have three possible choices.

1) I think the right version is the oldest one. In case I mistaked, would I risk a brick even if the major version is the same?
2) Also, if I mistaked, do I risk a data loss even though the major version is the same?

Thank you (we're almost there)

-Hope-

Oct 29, 2016
Okay, I'm sure now that my android version was 6.0.1 because I read that 5.1 didn't have single app permissions manager, and I definetely remember that I had it.

1) I think the right version is the oldest one. In case I mistaked, would I risk a brick even if the major version is the same?
2) Also, if I mistaked, do I risk a data loss even though the major version is the same?

The build number must be the same regarding the android version, so to keep the files it must be the same as the one in the phone, else a wipe will be performed.

The problem is that you want your data, that maybe lost if we don't have the exact same build.

Just grab the latest marshmallow or nougat -, but the data would be lost then.
Do a hard reset in case something went wrong.

Reactions: Frank-95

JohnB101

Jun 1, 2020
I have a special problem with an old Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 SM-A310F (Android 7.0 Nougat)
on which the correct combined file cannot be obtained
I have tried perhaps all FRP removal options without success

A310FXXS5CSH3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    .MD5 lets odin checksum the rom loaded to it to make sure it's not corrupted, however if you are sure of two main things:
    that the frimware you are flashing isn't a downgrade as downgrading flashs a old bootloader which gets you in some kind of troubles possibly a brick, to avoid that, grab the latest version

and the second thing you must make sure of is that the file isn't anyway corrupted.

if you think it's all ok, then you can proceed as of i tried it once and it saved a device.

The build number must be the same regarding the android version, so to keep the files it must be the same as the one in the phone, else a wipe will be performed.

The problem is that you want your data, that maybe lost if we don't have the exact same build.

Just grab the latest marshmallow or nougat -, but the data would be lost then.
    Do a hard reset in case something went wrong.