14th April 2016, 05:57 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Moldava nad Bodvou
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfox99

First of all, thanks so much for the theme. Those ugly borders I have been loathing since the moment I got my P8 Lite (ALE-L04, now on 5.1). Got linked from an Android Central article today.

For icons still with white border, apart from the others already mentioned, I have: Google Photos, Play Games, Voice Search.

There seems to be a bug with the theme on my phone. The lockscreen wallpaper cannot be set independently from the homescreen wallpaper. From what I can tell, the theme has "styles" for Homescreen and the Lockscreen. Seems like the lockscreen portion may not be well defined enough and the system treats them as the same. The wallpaper settings allow me to change the lockscreen wallpaper with "Other", but once selected, it does not do anything.

Let me know if you need screenshots.

Keep up the good work!

Hi! Thanks for your feedback! Icons you mentioned for some reason can't be changed. I have the same problem with the wallpaper and don't know how to fix it I will add it to known issues and if I find something, I will let you know.
14th April 2016, 10:26 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdny

Hi! Thanks for your feedback! Icons you mentioned for some reason can't be changed. I have the same problem with the wallpaper and don't know how to fix it I will add it to known issues and if I find something, I will let you know.

I have found a workaround. Since the icons are one of the components of a theme, and the EMUI allows customizing each of the components (screen lock style, unlock animation, lockscreen, homescreen, icons, and font), we can use the stock themes and just switch the Icons to your theme. However, I could not do that because Themes -> Customize does not see your theme as a selectable Icons theme. I hacked the zip file around and looked at another theme that I downloaded (the Android N theme). Turns out I just need a preview_icons_1.png file under the preview folder for the theme to be selectable for just the icon. I created a 1x1 png just for that. Tried to put a nicer png but it does not render the picture. This worked without needing to reskin the lockscreen and fiddle with layout XML files and such.

One thing I do miss though, is that the incomplete theming seems to unhide additional functionality of the lockscreen. The default on mine is a swipe to unlock with a camera icon on the lower right (swiping that will go directly to Camera app). With yours set as the whole theme, I got a 4-way unlock slider thing (like stock Android?) and it was cool. I do want the individual wallpapers more than that "feature".

Repeating the specs of my device: P8 Lite (ALE-L04), Android 5.1 with EMUI 3.1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-14-12-29-43.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	3718839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-14-12-32-06.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	3718840  
The Following User Says Thank You to flyfox99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flyfox99 Ad-Free
15th April 2016, 05:03 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Version with "normal" System App Icons?
Hi!
First of all: awesome work! Was looking for that for ages. But is there a possibility that you can Upload a Version with less fancy music, telephone and Messaging Icon? And is it possible to switch the background colors of the Widgets to the style which is "Singularity" Theme is using? (Official Emui 4.0 p8 Theme)
If you could do such thing, that would be so awesome!!
Like I would even pay for that theme.
The Following User Says Thank You to TKGerrald For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TKGerrald Ad-Free
15th April 2016, 10:11 AM |#14  
OP Member
Flag Moldava nad Bodvou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sverik

Some other apps with ugly white boxes, in 2.2 version: Waze, Messenger (Facebook), Play Store.
Anyway, great job, thanks!

Hi, icons you mentioned have been successfully changed. Thanks for your feedback!
15th April 2016, 10:18 AM |#15  
OP Member
Flag Moldava nad Bodvou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

First of all, thanks so much for the theme. Those ugly borders I have been loathing since the moment I got my P8 Lite (ALE-L04, now on 5.1). Got linked from an Android Central article today.

For icons still with white border, apart from the others already mentioned, I have: Google Photos, Play Games, Voice Search.

There seems to be a bug with the theme on my phone. The lockscreen wallpaper cannot be set independently from the homescreen wallpaper. From what I can tell, the theme has "styles" for Homescreen and the Lockscreen. Seems like the lockscreen portion may not be well defined enough and the system treats them as the same. The wallpaper settings allow me to change the lockscreen wallpaper with "Other", but once selected, it does not do anything.

Let me know if you need screenshots.

Keep up the good work!

Hi, icons you mentioned except Google Photos should have been changed in 3.0 version. Also the wallpaper issue was solved (thanks to flyfox99). Thanks!
15th April 2016, 10:21 AM |#16  
OP Member
Flag Moldava nad Bodvou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have found a workaround. Since the icons are one of the components of a theme, and the EMUI allows customizing each of the components (screen lock style, unlock animation, lockscreen, homescreen, icons, and font), we can use the stock themes and just switch the Icons to your theme. However, I could not do that because Themes -> Customize does not see your theme as a selectable Icons theme. I hacked the zip file around and looked at another theme that I downloaded (the Android N theme). Turns out I just need a preview_icons_1.png file under the preview folder for the theme to be selectable for just the icon. I created a 1x1 png just for that. Tried to put a nicer png but it does not render the picture. This worked without needing to reskin the lockscreen and fiddle with layout XML files and such.

One thing I do miss though, is that the incomplete theming seems to unhide additional functionality of the lockscreen. The default on mine is a swipe to unlock with a camera icon on the lower right (swiping that will go directly to Camera app). With yours set as the whole theme, I got a 4-way unlock slider thing (like stock Android?) and it was cool. I do want the individual wallpapers more than that "feature".

Repeating the specs of my device: P8 Lite (ALE-L04), Android 5.1 with EMUI 3.1

Thank you so much for this! When you use original installation for V3.0 you will still have the lockscreen functions but if you use new installation, you can change the background independently.
15th April 2016, 10:31 AM |#17  
OP Member
Flag Moldava nad Bodvou

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKGerrald

Hi!
First of all: awesome work! Was looking for that for ages. But is there a possibility that you can Upload a Version with less fancy music, telephone and Messaging Icon? And is it possible to switch the background colors of the Widgets to the style which is "Singularity" Theme is using? (Official Emui 4.0 p8 Theme)
If you could do such thing, that would be so awesome!!
Like I would even pay for that theme.

Hi! Thanks for you feedback! Messaging and Telephone icons should be changed by now. Music (I think you mean ringtone) can be changed in future, if you sent me a music that you want to have there, that would be great. I don't know much about changing widget background but if you sent me the Singularity theme, I could try it.
15th April 2016, 04:16 PM |#18  
Flag Brieselang
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Awesome work!
Thanks for this great work! I was shocked when I saw the ugly iOS 'adapted' Icons on my new Mediapad and spend some hours to find out how to change this.
I want to let you know that also the Hangouts Icon still have the ugly backround.

Sincerely
Tina
15th April 2016, 05:24 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Hi! Thanks for you feedback! Messaging and Telephone icons should be changed by now. Music (I think you mean ringtone) can be changed in future, if you sent me a music that you want to have there, that would be great. I don't know much about changing widget background but if you sent me the Singularity theme, I could try it.

The original Singularity theme seems to be a stock one on the P8. Someone repacked it. Music may mean the music player app? On mine the icon just looks like Google Play Music. The widget thing may need deeper skinning of the respective app to set background colours, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comdraft

Thanks for this great work! I was shocked when I saw the ugly iOS 'adapted' Icons on my new Mediapad and spend some hours to find out how to change this.
I want to let you know that also the Hangouts Icon still have the ugly backround.

On my P8 Lite the Hangouts icon was already fixed even in v2.2. Attached is a screenshot for v3.0.

@MrAdny: also confirming that Play Games has been fixed.

Quote:

Thank you so much for this! When you use original installation for V3.0 you will still have the lockscreen functions but if you use new installation, you can change the background independently.

Unfortunately even after changing the screen lock style to V3.0 the 4-way unlock thing still did not re-surface. I think it was a fluke/bug that made it show up in the first place. To properly enable that may need to fully re-implement the lockscreen layout. Oh well, no big loss for me; or I learned to live with same wallpapers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-15-08-01-25.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	3719763  
16th April 2016, 12:43 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Google fit has a square white background
And Huawei magnifier is black you can't see the icon on black background.

Other than that it's a great thee thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA-Developers mobile app
16th April 2016, 12:45 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Hi There! I meant the Music Player App. The one where you can play the music that you saved on your SD Card and stuff like that
i would love to upload a screenshot of the icons i'm talking about but xda won't let me because i didn't posted 10 posts by now

+++ Found an icon set on the Play Store which i would loooooove to have in your design. It is called "Glyphsy Icon Pack". I would post a link but xda still won't let me+++
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)