How to full backup any qualcomm phone (no root)

Search This thread

Demon_king18

Oct 5, 2016
Hi every body, I had reviced a lot of question about how to backup qualcomm devices. So today I will show you how! (test in Obi SF1)
Because if your phone is not root, you can't back up your rom in case brick when you play with the phone. So you will need this!!!
1: Download all necessary files (in my video description) put all of them in the same folder and extract out!
2: in stall the right driver (make sure your usb connect type is MTP)
When your phone and computer are connected and in devices manager you see some thing with a yellow triangle and the QFIL software show “no port available” that mean you need driver!
To install the driver, run qualcomm_Setup as administrator! Restart your computer. If success, no more yellow triangle in devices manager.
3: now put your phone into download mode by: install QPST.2.7.437 to your computer. Then run eMMC Software Download, chose switch device to DLOAD…> chose your phone >ok, now you will see several new hard disks in your computer , and in device manager you will see something like qualcomm emmc or qualcom mmc... in hard disk field! now close the eMMC Software Download software.
4: Run HDDRawCopy1.10Portable, chose Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device (your phone flash) then click continue > double click on file > browse to pale you want to save the backup file > name the file, in file type field, chose raw img file > save > click continue and wait to complete (it may took along time depend on your memory size)
To wake up the phone out of download mode, just press all three hard buttons same time in 2 minutes !!! (for Obi phone, may different in other phones).
Link to this document in description too!
Attention: this method no need root, and you will have the full rom back up. But be careful if you chose wrong field you may miss your hard disk’s data, and when you apply the back up again to your phone your phone will really hard brick if you break the process. So if you had rooted the phone, use another method for better!!!
Guide video and tool links here:

Last edited:

Suhi02

Jul 22, 2017
If read back gets interrupted in between will it brick ?

Hi every body, I had reviced a lot of question about how to backup qualcomm devices. So today I will show you how! (test in Obi SF1)
Because if your phone is not root, you can't back up your rom in case brick when you play with the phone. So you will need this!!!
1: Download all necessary files (in my video description) put all of them in the same folder and extract out!
When your phone and computer are connected and in devices manager you see some thing with a yellow triangle and the QFIL software show “no port available” that mean you need driver!
To install the driver, run qualcomm_Setup as administrator! Restart your computer. If success, no more yellow triangle in devices manager.
3: now put your phone into download mode by: install QPST.2.7.437 to your computer. Then run eMMC Software Download, chose switch device to DLOAD…> chose your phone >ok, now you will see several new hard disks in your computer , and in device manager you will see something like qualcomm emmc or qualcom mmc... in hard disk field! now close the eMMC Software Download software.
4: Run HDDRawCopy1.10Portable, chose Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device (your phone flash) then click continue > double click on file > browse to pale you want to save the backup file > name the file, in file type field, chose raw img file > save > click continue and wait to complete (it may took along time depend on your memory size)
To wake up the phone out of download mode, just press all three hard buttons same time in 2 minutes !!! (for Obi phone, may different in other phones).
Attention: this method no need root, and you will have the full rom back up. But be careful if you chose wrong field you may miss your hard disk’s data, and when you apply the back up again to your phone your phone will really hard brick if you break the process. So if you had rooted the phone, use another method for better!!!

Hi ,
Thanks for the video link. I want to use this so that I can get boot image and recovery image so that it can be ported . My phone is Gionee M6S plus Snapdragon chipset with locked boot loader. I would like to ask while In reading mode ,if by unforseen reason the readback gets interrupted ;is there any chance of hard bricking ?
Thanks

Reactions: koyoklanoza

Demon_king18

Oct 5, 2016
Hi ,
Thanks for the video link. I want to use this so that I can get boot image and recovery image so that it can be ported . My phone is Gionee M6S plus Snapdragon chipset with locked boot loader. I would like to ask while In reading mode ,if by unforseen reason the readback gets interrupted ;is there any chance of hard bricking ?
Thanks
Nope, in backup process just don't format or delete any any thing in your phone's internal memory, your phone will be ok. But when you restore the phone, if the process broke, your phone maybe brick depen on how many percen had complete!

Rempoiiii

Mar 2, 2018
Hi,

thanks for this tutorial but i have a question, my device is Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Lite ZB553KL (Sd425), i want to know how to wake my device from download mode before i start this tutorial as i dont want to brick my device

Demon_king18

Oct 5, 2016
Hi,

thanks for this tutorial but i have a question, my device is Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Lite ZB553KL (Sd425), i want to know how to wake my device from download mode before i start this tutorial as i dont want to brick my device
For my device (Obi Sf1) just long press (may up to 3 minutes) all of my 3 hard buttons to wake him up!

Provokuoji

Mar 20, 2019
Nice tutorial but eroor 0x80004005 when pressing download mode

Nice tutorial thanks, but I'm getting error code 0x80004005 after pressing download mode, trying to backup huawei scl-l01 in QC 9008 mode port is visible drivers are ok

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
Hi @Demon_king18, sorry for bringing this old thread back up but I am having the same problem as @Provokuoji is.

When I open emmc software download app, and I try to switch to DLOAD, I get this message :(
Error-for-Dload.jpg

This is the only thing stopping me for now. Might you know what is happening? :crying:

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
Hi @Demon_king18, sorry for bringing this old thread back up but I am having the same problem as @Provokuoji is.

When I open emmc software download app, and I try to switch to DLOAD, I get this message :(
Error-for-Dload.jpg

This is the only thing stopping me for now. Might you know what is happening? :crying:

Reactions: Gerogun

abuchison

Jan 22, 2011
Getting the 0x80004005 error also. Any suggestion? The phone shows up as qualcomm device just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If read back gets interrupted in between will it brick ?

Hi ,
    Thanks

Error-for-Dload.jpg

File Transfer = MTP
    you can backup raw partitions with this tool, but you cannot retrieve files (independently of storage type)