FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root Elephone P11

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By vtdone, Junior Member on 21st July 2019, 09:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Using the various guides and how-to I've managed to root many Mediatek devices as well as Snapdragon 810 and 820 but I am unable to find any how-to for rooting this Elephone P11 which has a slightly aging Helio X25/MT6797T CPU running Android 8 Oreo.

Mtk_Droid_Tool can't create a scatter file for it. When I made one manually using WwR_MTK_2_51 and adb, I can't get SP_Flash_Tool-5.1916 to readback the rom.

Can anyone help please. No stock rom for me to extract boot.img and no TWRP for this device.

22nd July 2019, 02:54 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I got the P11 rooted! For those who want to root the elephone p11 themselves, here's how:

1. use step 2 of the [GUIDE] ROOT any Android Devices By Using Magisk Manager

with the boot.img/patched boot.img I created myself at
elephone_p11_boot.img-stock and magisked.rar

Note: the magisk version used on the patch boot.img is v 19.3 (19300) so if you don't have access to this version, you will need to create your own patched boot.img in Step 1 of the above guide.

I've included the scatter file for downloading boot.img with SP_Flash_tool.

Credit to the Hovatek forum guide that enabled me to dump the stock rom of the P11.
The Following User Says Thank You to vtdone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vtdone Ad-Free
7th August 2019, 03:30 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Brother, I also own a Elephone P11 phone. If possible could you share the Stock ROM backup of Elephone P11 you made? (will help me to restore the stock rom if something goes wrong in attempts to modify boot )

Thank you in advance

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Thank you, This is the only thread found so far for Elephone P11 rooting.

Could you please share the StockROM backup of ElephoneP11 in Megashare or other Filehosting websites?

This will help to restore stock rom if something goes corrupt during rooting attempt.

Thank you a lot in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
elephone p11, magisk, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)