How To Unlock Bootloader Of Vivo Phones ?

Search This thread

Naveen Singh

May 15, 2016
Lucknow
Hi!
maxresdefault-e1507640029694.jpg

I’ve seen a lot of users struggling around the internet to find out the way to root vivo phones.
And, Yeah, There are a lot of tutorials available explaining how to unlock bootloader and root vivo phones, but , nearly all of them do not work.

So, After a bit of research, here’s what I got :-

Vivo developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for bootloader unlock/relock than the the stock android commands.

Also, On some phones like vivo y51l (Upgrade to PDF1510_2.6.7), you'll need to upgrade to the latest version available.

And That’s Why we need a modified fastboot binary to unlock bootloader of vivo.
vivo_fastboot on Github
WARNING! It’ll void your warranty.

Follow the below steps to unlock bootloader of vivo phones :-
I've compiled fastboot binary with necessary modifications which you can download from below

Download vivo_fastboot For Windows
Downloadvivo_fastboot For Linux

Download : Vivo_fastboot_v2 :- Linux Windows
Extract the downloaded files on your Computer and open Terminal/Command Prompt in the extracted directory

Now power off your vivo phone and enter fastboot mode by pressing power+ vol – buttons simultaneously.

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

If you are using linux then type

sudo ./fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

blunlock.png

If you are using Windows then type

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

Voila ! Your Vivo Phone is now Unlocked.

unlock-e1507644058674.jpg

If You Want to lock it again then just type

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

sudo ./fastboot bbk lock_vivo

UPDATE :- I discovered a new command for some Vivo phones, it isn't working for me but many user asked to make a fastboot binary with that command.
The new command is fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo (Type fastboot help to get list of supported commands.) If this method isn't working for you, don't worry, I have another working method ( posting soon...)

Now you can port and flash twrp recovery and Custom Roms on your vivo devices.

YouTube Video for unlocking vivo bootloader :
Bingo......
UNOFFICIAL CM 12.1 for Vivo y51l is out, Have a look :
Original Thread Here

UPDATE :-
[/
I discovered a new method few months ago, & it works well on new vivo devices:-
This method is unofficial & may brick your device (in 1% cases)
I'm not responsible for any loss or harm done to your device, sdcard, PC, home, ferrari etc.
If You are using this method to unlock bootloader, use at your own risk !

Downloads :-
BLUnlocker_v1.zip
QDLoader_HS_USB_Driver.7z
Steps to unlock bootloader :-

1. Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip (You have done this already, trust me, i know you did it :)
2. Install Qualcomm USB Driver for Qdloader 9008 mode.
3. Get your phone, press vol up & down buttons together & connect USB at the same time.
4. Extract your firehose file from your stock firmware (It's usually named like 'prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn') & place it in the current directory.
5. Check the port number your device is connected to in WIndows Device Manager. (Looks like COM*)
6. Double Click the 'dump_devinfo.bat' file.
7. Enter the port number (from step 5) & press enter
8. Edit your devinfo.img using HxD Hex Editor as shown in my video (Or you can comment on my channel with a link to your devinfo.img)
9. Double click 'unlock.bat'

-:Video:-
If all went good, your bootloader is unlocked now!
Thanks me later, go break some eggs !
Peace !

vivo fastboot binary sources ( My GitHub ) :- https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/vivo_fastboot

! GIVE CREDITS IF YOU ARE USING MY WORK !

Last edited:

abhijeet415

Oct 18, 2017
unknown command or device is lock

when i try to unlock bootloader on Vivo v5 Plus(1611) error comes unknown command or device is lock
please help me.
Hi!

I’ve seen a lot of users struggling around the internet to find out the way to root vivo phones.
And, Yeah, There are a lot of tutorials available explaining how to unlock bootloader and root vivo phones, but , nearly all of them do not work.

Vivo developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for bootloader unlock/relock than the the stock android commands.

I've compiled fastboot binary with necessary modifications which you can download from below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwcKR-Av9XBcVGRRYTJkWXAzcUU

Download vivo_fastboot For Linux
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwcKR-Av9XBcc0VKd3JKai1oQnM

(I'm a new member so i can not post links :eek::eek::laugh::laugh: )

Extract the downloaded files on your Computer and open Terminal/Command Prompt in the extracted directory

Now power off your vivo phone and enter fastboot mode by pressing power+ vol – buttons simultaneously.

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

If You have any confusion or question, leave a comment.

Reactions: aryanrai256

amangupta711

Oct 12, 2017
Doesn't work on my vivo 1611. [VIVO V5 PLUS]

Hi!

Also, On some phones like vivo y51l (Upgrade to PDF1510_2.6.7), you'll need to upgrade to the latest version available.

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Unknown error comes. And all fastboot options come up.???

Naveen Singh

May 15, 2016
Lucknow
Now I got a new error..

See this...
https://ibb.co/kNbpwR

It looks like something is wrong with the bootloader or the firmware version installed in your phone is not supported (unlocking) yet.
As mentioned in the post some phones need to be upgraded (like vivo y51l).
If you have time and patience, try using different software version from vivoglobal or just reflash the current one.
Is oem unlock enabled from developer options ?

Last edited:

amangupta711

Oct 12, 2017
YES OEM Unlocking is enabled....

It looks like something is wrong with the bootloader or the firmware version installed in your phone is not supported (unlocking) yet.
As mentioned in the post some phones need to be upgraded (like vivo y51l).
If you have time and patience, try using different software version from vivoglobal or just reflash the current one.
Is oem unlock enabled from developer options ?

Yes I also think it is unsupported.
Tried many s/w, nothing works.

No other option than waiting..

Shiki Shiori

Jul 13, 2016

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

Downloadvivo_fastboot For Linux

Download : Vivo_fastboot_v2 :- Linux Windows

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

UPDATE :- I discovered a new command for some Vivo phones, it isn't working for me but many user asked to make a fastboot binary with that command.
    The new command is fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo (Type fastboot help to get list of supported commands.) If this method isn't working for you, don't worry, I have another working method ( posting soon...)

YouTube Video for unlocking vivo bootloader :
    Bingo......
    UNOFFICIAL CM 12.1 for Vivo y51l is out, Have a look :
    Original Thread Here

UPDATE :-
    [/
    I discovered a new method few months ago, & it works well on new vivo devices:-
    This method is unofficial & may brick your device (in 1% cases)
    I'm not responsible for any loss or harm done to your device, sdcard, PC, home, ferrari etc.
    If You are using this method to unlock bootloader, use at your own risk !

Downloads :-
    BLUnlocker_v1.zip
    QDLoader_HS_USB_Driver.7z
    Steps to unlock bootloader :-

1. Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip (You have done this already, trust me, i know you did it :)
    2. Install Qualcomm USB Driver for Qdloader 9008 mode.
    3. Get your phone, press vol up & down buttons together & connect USB at the same time.
    4. Extract your firehose file from your stock firmware (It's usually named like 'prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn') & place it in the current directory.
    5. Check the port number your device is connected to in WIndows Device Manager. (Looks like COM*)
    6. Double Click the 'dump_devinfo.bat' file.
    7. Enter the port number (from step 5) & press enter
    8. Edit your devinfo.img using HxD Hex Editor as shown in my video (Or you can comment on my channel with a link to your devinfo.img)
    9. Double click 'unlock.bat'

-:Video:-
    If all went good, your bootloader is unlocked now!
    Thanks me later, go break some eggs !
    Peace !

vivo fastboot binary sources ( My GitHub ) :- https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/vivo_fastboot

! GIVE CREDITS IF YOU ARE USING MY WORK !
    Enable Oem unlock from developer options

First You have to enable oem unlock from developer options

screenshot_20171018_141830.jpg

Then download the vivo fastboot from the link above
    And follow the steps above.
    it is not working on my VIVO V19.

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

FAILED (remote: unlock fail)

is there any other solution...?
    if none of those cmd or fasboot commands worked, then why dont your try this method. this is my own personal idea to root vivo phones or your vivo v19.
    this method doesnt include unlocking the androids bootloader.
    this is done by downgrading your android to the lower version with a patched boot image and flashing it in edl mode. you must know and have the skills or knowledge to flash the firmware.
    1. You must have a pc or laptop to do so.
    then you have to install some flash tools and the appropriate drivers in your pc or laptop. For qualcomm chipsets you have to install qpst or qfil tool and qualcomm hs usb driver 9008 in your pc or laptop. For more and complete information about the tool and the drivers you just have to look it up online. Personally, i used the qfil tool and the qualcomm hs usb driver for my vivo y11 for its chipset is qualcomm.
    2. You download the lower version or stock rom for your phone, then extract that file and look for the boot image.
    3. Install the magisk app on you phone then look for that boot image and patch it.
    4. Now you transfer that patched boot image in your pc or laptop in the directory where you extracted the firmware.
    4. Assuming you have installed the qfil tool and the qualcomm hs usb driver on you laptop.
    5. Open qfil tool and select the select the flat build option and browse for the prog_emmc_firehose in the extracted firmware. then click on that. Then browse for the patch.xml and the raw.xml and select those.
    ---note you must have put the patched boot image in the folder where you extracted the firmware----
    6.now, turn off your phone. Press the vol+ and the vol- together while inserting the usb cable and once you see the qualcomm hs usb driver 9008 in the qfil tool then your good to go.
    7. click on the download button, and it should start flashing the firmware in your phone.
    8. Once it is finished, disconnect your phone from the pc.
    9. Open your phone, install the magisk app again
    10. Open the magisk app and there you will see the magisk is now installed.
    now you can install magisk modules.
    this method is "downgrading using a firmware with a magsik patched boot image"
    and for info and tutorial, you can PM me in facebook or telegram
    unknown command or device is lock

when i try to unlock bootloader on Vivo v5 Plus(1611) error comes unknown command or device is lock
    please help me.
    Hi!

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

you don't type ./ if fastboot was installed with apt. you don't need 9008 driver, linux kernel already provides it. the best tool is bkerler/edl (but you may get some basic linux skills first before messing around with phone?)