FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HTC S-OFF] - New Revolutionary website + patch backup

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By Tweak-Man, Junior Member on 29th November 2015, 10:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
As you may have noticed, the revolutionary.io's website is now down for a few months, letting owners of old HTC's devices unable to S-OFF their devices.

However, I've been able to patch the revolutionary tool to avoid the need of a beta key, required and delivered from the revolutionary.io website in the past, to use the tool.

This patched version has been tested on my own HTC Desire, but I don't guarantee that it works for every supported phone (but normaly it should).

I will *NOT* put this patched tool online until I have the permission from a member from AlphaRev/unrEVOked team (I tried to contact them directly but with no success).

When I'll have an answer, I'll upload my patched version online, but not before. Don't ask for ETA nor private messages before I have an official permission to do this.

Thanks for your understanding and hope to have an answer quickly, for all the old HTC devices to be unlocked.

EDIT
Waiting for an answer on their IRC channel, I've found their new website, available here: rev.alpharev.nl.
As the project is still up and running, I won't upload my patched version online. However, if AlphaRev or unrEVOked allow me to put this version online, I will.

Quick guide
  1. Go on rev.alpharev.nl - If you have any problem to access the website, please try to use a proxy or Tor to route from Germany, France or Switzerland. Thanks to @Robcr for finding this !
  2. Click on one of the download links (Windows or Linux, depending on your Operating System)
  3. (The tool will be downloaded - decompress it somewhere on your computer)
  4. Complete the form that appeared on rev.alpharev.nl with all the information (Operating System, your device, HBOOT version and Serial Number)
  5. This will generate the right beta key for your phone using the provided information (JavaScript needs to be enabled
  6. Launch the tool and enter the beta key received from the website when needed
  7. Here you go, the magic should happen

I would like to ask you not to send me PMs to send you the patched version. If I release the patched version one day, it will be released here, and only here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tweak-Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tweak-Man Ad-Free
25th December 2015, 12:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Chances are, to be completely honest, the project isn't up and running, since it redirects to a deprecated revolutionary site. You should just publish it. We, users of the HTC Desire/HTC Incredible, have no other means of rooting.

Thanks,

Miguel R.
25th December 2015, 03:24 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguemely

Chances are, to be completely honest, the project isn't up and running, since it redirects to a deprecated revolutionary site. You should just publish it. We, users of the HTC Desire/HTC Incredible, have no other means of rooting.

Thanks,

Miguel R.

I totally agree that the project is dead, however you can still have access to the tool and the beta key from rev.alpharev.nl.

When this website will be dead without any other solution, I'll post my patch.

However, I'll post as soon as possible all the other tools needed (HTC HBOOT USB drivers, etc) as well as a completed guide
1st January 2016, 08:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak-Man

I totally agree that the project is dead, however you can still have access to the tool and the beta key from rev.alpharev.nl.

When this website will be dead without any other solution, I'll post my patch.

However, I'll post as soon as possible all the other tools needed (HTC HBOOT USB drivers, etc) as well as a completed guide

How i could access a beta key on that site (rev.alpharev.nl)?
2nd January 2016, 01:57 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGipsy

How i could access a beta key on that site (rev.alpharev.nl)?

1. Go on rev.alpharev.nl
  2. Click on one of the download links (Windows or Linux, depending on your Operating System)
  3. (The tool will be downloaded - decompress it somewhere on your computer)
  4. Complete the form that appeared on rev.alpharev.nl with all the information (Operating System, your device, HBOOT version and Serial Number)
  5. This will generate the right beta key for your phone using the provided information (JavaScript needs to be enabled
  6. Launch the tool and enter the beta key received from the website when needed
  7. Here you go, the magic should happen

I've updated the original post as well, for others. Let me know !
2nd January 2016, 02:51 PM |#6  

More
Sorry but there is no link for revolutionary only a link to the down page.. Only download links for alpha rev 1.8. And if I click one of them it downloads alpha red that's all that happened. So where exactly I should click. Here is a picture what I see on that page.

2nd January 2016, 02:58 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGipsy

Sorry but there is no link for revolutionary only a link to the down side. Only download links for alpha rev 1.8.

You are not on the right website. On the screenshot, you are on alpharev.nl, not rev.alpharev.nl
2nd January 2016, 03:08 PM |#8  

More
I always be redirected to that site and in browser the right size are standing look.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Sorry tweak man I tried it on PC on phone many browsers but equal if I type rev I came always on the old alpha page. Also I cleared browser caches.

There is only that side. If you have a different one screenshots please.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M9 mit Tapatalk
2nd January 2016, 03:37 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Hmm I must admit I'm confused, I don't have any problem on my side. Anyone else has this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1451745426827.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	3596512  
2nd January 2016, 04:51 PM |#10  

More
Mhhh strange I really could not access this page.

The only thing I was able to do, was to search with Google and it found the page you are talking about. If I click open in cache I see it but Java not working on cached sides, so I could not create a key. If I click normal on the link it open the old alpharev page.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

OK I have a key. A online browser helped. I opened the page with a simulated browser in my browser. Normally used in country's like China to open forbidden pages but it worked. I wrote down the key but now I destroyed the USB cabel because I pulled to hard now the plug is broken. New one ordered.

3rd January 2016, 02:10 AM |#11  

More
A i forgot

Thank you because of you I found the new (for me hidden) revolutionary page.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)